What's new

Hillary Clinton Blasts ‘Way Out of Balance’ Gun Culture

fallstuff

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Hillary Clinton Blasts ‘Way Out of Balance’ Gun Culture

Potential 2016 presidential candidate Hillary Clinton said Tuesday that gun culture in the U.S. has become “way out of balance.”

“I think that we’ve got to rein in what has become an almost article of faith that anybody can have a gun anywhere, anytime,” Clinton said at the National Council for Behavioral Health conference in Maryland. “And I don’t believe that is in the best interest of the vast majority of people. And I think you can say that and still support the right of people to own guns.”

Clinton added that she believes in the right to bear arms—her father taught her how to shoot as a child— but the former Secretary of State cited recent examples of deadly shooting over teens playing loud music and fathers texting the babysitter in movie theaters in making her case, saying that “at the rate we’re going, we’re going to have so many people with guns everywhere, fully licensed, fully validated.”

Clinton has a long history of advocating for gun control. During her 2000 Senate bid, she said one of the reasons she was running was because “we need a comprehensive plan to stop gun violence.” Come the 2008 election against Obama, however, she portrayed herself to the right of the now-President on gun control issues—a stance which some gun control advocates found hypocritical.

Hillary Clinton Slams ‘Way Out of Balance’ Gun Culture - TIME

What a liberal clown this woman is. Obtaining a gun isn't as easy as she's trying to make it sound like, or else every Tom, Dick, and Harry would be carrying one but that is clearly not the case. Her statement is completely divorced from reality.

What a liberal clown this woman is. Obtaining a gun isn't as easy as she's trying to make it sound like, or else every Tom, Dick, and Harry would be carrying one but that is clearly not the case. Her statement is completely divorced from reality.

It is relatively easy to purchase a muzzle loader and a semi-automatic firearm.

1) Pay for the gun.

2) Pass criminal background check.

3) Wait for 5 days ( cool off) to take possession.

I do think it should remain this way, no more gun control laws, as they are fairly ineffective at this point.

Her views have changed on the subject along with her Political objectives. When she ran for Senate seat in New York, she became a Gun control advocate because New York is a liberal state. For the Presidential campaign she flip flopped because the Pro-Gun lobby is very strong in the US on National level.

Again she is trying to some advantage with her liberal base at Primary level but will have to backtrack if she gets Democratic Party's nomination as a Presidential candidate.

Back
Top Bottom