What's new

High speed Interceptor to Kill warhead 140 KM above the earth.

@HariPrasad

1500 m/sec means its 4.4 mach.so,that means,its speed is almost alike PAD.plus,intercepting a BM doesn't need hypersonic speed,as most ABM missiles choose Head On tactics than Tail Chase like SAM,which requires more speed than the Aircraft.
Tail-chase vs head-on is not the important factor - higher speed means that we can engage the incoming missile higher up in space and thus minimize debris and other damage to Indian assets. So hypersonic is a necessity.

But terminal maneuvering at hypersonic speeds is going to be much more challenging.

Tail-chase vs head-on is not the important factor - higher speed means that we can engage the incoming missile higher up in space and thus minimize debris and other damage to Indian assets. So hypersonic is a necessity.

But terminal maneuvering at hypersonic speeds is going to be much more challenging.

I disagree.high speed doesn't mean you could intercept it at higher altitude.higher speed only ensures it'll be quick response as it'll approach towards its target with much higher speed.but then again,as you said,maneuvering will be difficult.

@HariPrasad

apperantly,I think its sufficient.look at PAC-3.its speed is same as PAD.plus,every single missile system works different way,takes different approach.our BMD is 2 staged,means,first stage(EXO) will try to destroy it.after it fails,2nd stage(Endo) will try.that means it'll take head on approach and after it'll miss,there'll be no or limited chase while 2nd stage will be launched.it is somewhat comparable to Arrow System,but Arrow is built for small ranged ballistic missiles like Scad(high speed due to probably quick reaction requirement as well as its 2 way chase i.e. hit to kill as well as tail chase and directing it to another target if destroyed),while Indian BMD takes different approach.

Why you do not mention KKV anywhere in your discussion.

Why you do not mention KKV anywhere in your discussion.

thats because Indian BMD doesn't have KKV.KKV is used by USA for its GMD's midcourse interception.China also tried its hand on this field,though platform is unknown.Indian BMD is nowhere near GMD,which is aimed towards a missile of 3000-5000 km for now,while Midcourse Interception is aimed towards ICBMs armed with MIRVs.

I am sure there is already a self destructive detonator planted inside the warhead (if you want to call that) and will destroy the warhead at particular altitude and will be shown in the TV that the warhead is intercepted. Election is near and DRDO is the biggest troller in the whole universe.

thats because Indian BMD doesn't have KKV.KKV is used by USA for its GMD's midcourse interception.China also tried its hand on this field,though platform is unknown.Indian BMD is nowhere near GMD,which is aimed towards a missile of 3000-5000 km for now,while Midcourse Interception is aimed towards ICBMs armed with MIRVs.

But KKV is under development at ISRO since a long time.

I am sure there is already a self destructive detonator planted inside the warhead (if you want to call that) and will destroy the warhead at particular altitude and will be shown in the TV that the warhead is intercepted. Election is near and DRDO is the biggest troller in the whole universe.

Rottenecards_9855574_6538ch5z5g.png

Untitled.png

But KKV is under development at ISRO since a long time.

until tested,no point of discussing.see,DRDO chief said that India has ASAT capability.but until tested,no point of discussing.same here.

its way better if we place you inside the warhead instead.sure UPA will secure few votes from PDF,and you'll know the real capability.win win situation. :pleasantry:

You can clearly see the interceptor hitting the incoming missile and destroying it :

On topic : Are they talking about launching the interceptor from a ship or launching the target missile from ship?

This is very interesting - cos, if successful, this will make the PDV equivalent to the american Aegis systems.

Not really. It remains to be seen if the interceptor is small enough to fit inside a VLS unit. And then we'll have
to configure our ships to carry this missile (which I don't think IN has outlined a requirement for).

Keep doubting our capacities.

Soon canistered Agni 5 will come, followed by Agni 6 along with follow on Arihant class SSBNs.

We will have flag on mars too; but still you will say this.

Your Pakistani affiliations have made you belief system too photoshop based. So you are excused :D

@HariPrasad

apperantly,I think its sufficient.look at PAC-3.its speed is same as PAD.plus,every single missile system works different way,takes different approach.our BMD is 2 staged,means,first stage(EXO) will try to destroy it.after it fails,2nd stage(Endo) will try.that means it'll take head on approach and after it'll miss,there'll be no or limited chase while 2nd stage will be launched.it is somewhat comparable to Arrow System,but Arrow is built for small ranged ballistic missiles like Scad(high speed due to probably quick reaction requirement as well as its 2 way chase i.e. hit to kill as well as tail chase and directing it to another target if destroyed),while Indian BMD takes different approach.

Thanks for explanation.

If attitude adjustment thrusters are present on the kill vehicle then its pretty close to a KKV.

The real issue is the dual mode seeker. This will be a developmental trial at best sans full operational criteria being met.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom