What's new

Hi-tech firing support equipment for Army tanks

JanjaWeed

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Aiming to improve target hitting of tanks and armoured vehicles, Indian Army plans to buy about 2,000 pieces of laser-guided simulation firing-support equipment, which will be used by the armoured and mechanised infantry regiments.

The Army issued a request for information on July 25 to global vendors that produce these equipment used by North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO) forces. The plan is to buy 2,000 pieces of these equipment at a cost of approximately Rs 1,000 crore within the next four years.

These laser-guided instruments would be fitted inside gun tubes. They will help gunners to acquire and lock on to the target before firing, thereby improving the number of hits.

The Army plans to install these equipment in close to 55 armoured regiments operating Russian origin T-72 and T-90 tanks as well as 45 mechanised infantry regiments, which are using Russian BMP infantry combat vehicles.

The plan was to equip one-third of tanks or BMPs in each regiment with this simulator, reliable sources said.

Some of the regiments currently use an old generation simulator, made by Bangalore-based Bharat Electronics Limited, for tanks and BMPs. But these simulators are 15 years old now and had major problem in the target alignment, said an officer.
Also those instruments were cumbersome and difficult to install.

Hi-tech firing support equipment for Army tanks

So the ****** Product of BEL, Banglore is not good enought and neither they trust their domestic engineers to make such sophisticated systems themselves?

Well that speaks volumes of the indian domestic defence industry' quality.

I expect even an idiot to know how much technology has changed in 15 years and that ''make or buy'' is not a decision of blind patriotism of military family brats but of procurement efficiency and resources priority. But I can not expect everyone to be at least an idiot.

So the ****** Product of BEL, Banglore is not good enought and neither they trust their domestic engineers to make such sophisticated systems themselves?

Well that speaks volumes of the indian domestic defence industry' quality.

Funny your SUPARCO is sitting idle due to chinese equipment imports. BEL gave systems for P8I

P-8I-Poseidon-schematic.jpg

The western tanks have the best we can both afford it and make it at home. Keep Rolling man.

Funny your SUPARCO is sitting idle due to chinese equipment imports. BEL gave systems for P8I

P-8I-Poseidon-schematic.jpg

The western tanks have the best we can both afford it and make it at home. Keep Rolling man.

We r not comparing ourselfs with u or r we?

Frankly our defence industry is overall better then yours.

The things we produce actually make it to our armed forces...

Can they even afford anything else?
When the pockets are empty you have to settle for 'very little' or sometimes even 'next to nothing'. Simple as that.

What sort of a Joke is that :omghaha:Got any kind of Proofs kid??:omghaha:

:omghaha:

Kid whatever we make actually make it to our armed forces.

I think this is enough.

When the pockets are empty you have to settle for 'very little' or sometimes even 'next to nothing'. Simple as that.

Ans what have u in offer?

U have all the options still lack quality defence products.

:omghaha::rofl:

I beg you my friend.:cry::cry:,Plz dont come up with such jokes...:partay:

No need to talk about economic conditions, and go offensive related to that. A simple and a humble answer would have been good.

No need to talk about economic conditions, and go offensive related to that. A simple and a humble answer would have been good.

There is simply nothing more simple and humble than Reality. Very Sad but true.

Back
Top Bottom