What's new

Hey Pakistanis! Time to learn a bit about yourselves :)

PakistaniJunior

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
So i've decided to post this thread as a reminder for fellow Pakistani members to know who we are. We're Pakistanis! Would you like to know what the acronym of Pakistan stands for?

P -Punjab
A -Afghania ( currently KPK )
K -Kashmir
I -Islam/Indus
S -Sindh
TAN -BalochisTAN

As you can see, the identity of Pakistanis is explained within the very acronym of Pakistan. We are Punjabis, Pashtuns, Seraikis, Balochis, Kashmiris , Sindhis and their derivatives. All these groups have very rich Histories and Cultures that deserve to be appreciated. Therefore why must we always try to associate ourselves and our cultures with other middle eastern countries? Pakistanis belong to the Indo-Iranian group. The only thing we have common with the Arabs, Persians and Turks is religion and the muslim way of life, our cultures still differ drastically. If i have to say anything, the similarity would only be with our neighboring Iranians. There is Persian influence on both the region of Pakistan and modern day Turks, but have you seen that Turkey today itself is a very diverse country. We aren't similar to them racially nor culturally. Their History isn't ours as Pakistanis, but as Muslim we can only go to the extent of admiring it; not frame it as ours because we happen to belong to the same religion. Fine, we do have some things that we share with these foreign countries, but there are also many things we do not share with them.

I get why we are facing the Identity crisis we're facing today. After all , we ourselves experience clash of cultures and geography within Pakistan itself. We do not know how to identify ourselves, and many intellectuals may agree that Pakistan might as well be called a frankenstein of a Nation. To fix this issue of identity crisis, we need to look at ourselves. We need to find association with other Pakistanis first before we can think about other foreign countries. This "we are similar to *insert foreign Nation* " is only going to increase our identity crisis further. Do you literally have nothing as a Pakistani to be proud of? Then that's your own fault! You're not focusing on our own cultures and traditions as much as you should! Our society is filled with people that believe foreign is better than local, this is halting the development of the Pakistani psyche. Try not to be middle eastern , try to be Pakistani first. We're seriously worsening our own problems by running away from who we are.

This is who the Pakistani people truly are:

pk 3.png

(My apologies if i forgot to add any group, i tried my best to include the maximum diversity of Pakistani people)

THIS is our culture and THESE are our people. We should stop trying to relate to foreigners when we have yet to relate to fellow Pakistanis. Some of these people don't even realize what type of other Pakistanis exist in the vicinity of their own country. We need to own up to these cultures and these histories and form our own identity before trying to relate to foreigners. We may be brothers in religion with them , but not in terms of culture. All of these cultures and people deserve a lot more of your attention than foreign media. We're not Iranians, Indians, Turks or Arabs, WE are PAKISTANIS. Learn to love yourself more.
:pakistan::pakistan:

So i've decided to post this thread as a reminder for fellow Pakistani members to know who we are. We're Pakistanis! Would you like to know what the acronym of Pakistan stands for?

P -Punjab
K -Kashmir
I -Islam/Indus
S -Sindh
TAN -BalochisTAN

As you can see, the identity of Pakistanis is explained within the very acronym of Pakistan. We are Punjabis, Pashtuns, Seraikis, Balochis, Kashmiris , Sindhis and their derivatives. All these groups have very rich Histories and Cultures that deserve to be appreciated. Therefore why must we always try to associate ourselves and our cultures with other middle eastern countries? Pakistanis belong to the Indo-Iranian group. The only thing we have common with the Arabs, Persians and Turks is religion and the muslim way of life, our cultures still differ drastically. If i have to say anything, the similarity would only be with our neighboring Iranians. There is Persian influence on both the region of Pakistan and modern day Turks, but have you seen that Turkey today itself is a very diverse country. We aren't similar to them racially nor culturally. Their History isn't ours as Pakistanis, but as Muslim we can only go to the extent of admiring it; not frame it as ours because we happen to belong to the same religion. Fine, we do have some things that we share with these foreign countries, but there are also many things we do not share with them.

I get why we are facing the Identity crisis we're facing today. After all , we ourselves experience clash of cultures and geography within Pakistan itself. We do not know how to identify ourselves, and many intellectuals may agree that Pakistan might as well be called a frankenstein of a Nation. To fix this issue of identity crisis, we need to look at ourselves. We need to find association with other Pakistanis first before we can think about other foreign countries. This "we are similar to *insert foreign Nation* " is only going to increase our identity crisis further. Do you literally have nothing as a Pakistani to be proud of? Then that's your own fault! You're not focusing on our own cultures and traditions as much as you should! Our society is filled with people that believe foreign is better than local, this is halting the development of the Pakistani psyche. Try not to be middle eastern , try to be Pakistani first. We're seriously worsening our own problems by running away from who we are.

View attachment 632417
(My apologies if i forgot to add any group, i tried my best to include the maximum diversity of Pakistani people)

THIS is our culture and THESE are our people. We should stop trying to relate to foreigners when we have yet to relate to fellow Pakistanis. Some of these people don't even realize what type of other Pakistanis exist in the vicinity of their own country. We need to own up to these cultures and these histories and form our own identity before trying to relate to foreigners. We may be brothers in religion with them , but not in terms of culture. All of these cultures and people deserve a lot more of your attention than foreign media. We're not Iranians, Indians, Turks or Arabs, WE are PAKISTANIS. Learn to love yourself more.

So much beautiful diversity among our people.

P -Punjab
K -Kashmir
I -Islam/Indus
S -Sindh
TAN -BalochisTAN

View attachment 632417

Fantastic. From the original "Now and Never leaflet" of Rehmat Ali 1933.

fnyJVvv.png

pakistanmap.jpg

So much beautiful diversity among our people.

Fantastic. From the original "Now and Never leaflet" of Rehmat Ali 1933.

fnyJVvv.png

pakistanmap.jpg

Yes !! This is why i may be perceived as a bit salty regarding foreign media in Pakistan or atleast with people that try to associate with it culturally. When a Pashtun says " Pakistanis and Afghans are the same people" then he is being ignorant because many Pakistanis aren't racially anywhere related to Afghans. Similarly if a Punjabi said that "Indian Punjabis and Pakistanis are the same people" then that is equally wrong because the other half of Pakistanis do not share the same sentiments. We can never fit into a single category. We need to be our own category. Our people deserve better than this. We need to love ourselves more.

View attachment 632421

Hi,

Before you start to believe in all this---go have a genetics testing done on ancestry or other sites---.

I am a dark skinned male six foot tall---. And like most pakistnis I would relate light skin to turks---iranians afghans etc etc etc---and dark skin to india---.

My first surprise came in 1993---when I met a dark skinned Persian from Mashhad---. He just looked like me---my cousins uncles grand fathers---. We worked at the same place---I started to talk to him in urdu but he corrected me of his ethnic origin.

We became friends and one day I asked him about his skin color---he laughed---and mentioned that many a people in his area are that skin color---. Well that was a surprise---so now I have north iranian ancestors---.

Even though my grand mother would talk about how her mother would use persian words in her diction---atypical persian words and not urdu version---. OK---fast forward 2015---.

I saw the serial Ertugrul---a lots of dark skinned and medium to light skinned turkish characters---but then I knew Turkish friends from early 1980's that were white---light skin brown hair----so I decided to do an ancestory dna.

View attachment 632422

You may relate to them but there are many of your countrymen that wont. I am a olive skinned Pakistani , one of my parent is white while the other is olive. My cousins come in different shades too from light to dark. I should first and foremost learn to relate to my fellow countrymen before trying to relate with foreigners. Today we face many issues because of our differences with each other. We need to bridge this gap first before getting confused by foreign media and cultures.

Yes !! This is why i may be perceived as a bit salty regarding foreign media in Pakistan or atleast with people that try to associate with it culturally. When a Pashtun says " Pakistanis and Afghans are the same people" then he is being ignorant because many Pakistanis aren't racially anywhere related to Afghans. Similarly if a Punjabi said that "Indian Punjabis and Pakistanis are the same people" then that is equally wrong because the other half of Pakistanis do not share the same sentiments. We can never fit into a single category. We need to be our own category. Our people deserve better than this. We need to love ourselves more.

Hi,

Have you ever lived outside of your house other than your parents---?

Have you ever worked with sikhs hindus afghans persians turks---?

Have you had a DANA ancestry test done---. Try it---you will be surprised---.

You just wrote a feel good article without any foundation---.

Hi,

Have you ever lived outside of your house other than your parents---?

Have you ever worked with sikhs hindus afghans persians turks---?

Have you had a DANA ancestry test done---. Try it---you will be surprised---.

You just wrote a feel good article without any foundation---.

I may have not interacted with them in real life but i've had Turkish friends online to teach me about their part of the world. What i have done is visit different regions of Pakistan and have seen its diversity. Am i wrong to say that Pakistanis should learn about each other first, try to identify Pakistan as a single community. Before being confused by foreigners and their cultures?

You may relate to them but there are many of your countrymen that wont. I am a olive skinned Pakistani , one of my parent is white while the other is olive. My cousins come in different shades too from light to dark. I should first and foremost learn to relate to my fellow countrymen before trying to relate with foreigners. Today we face many issues because of our differences with each other. We need to bridge this gap first before getting confused by foreign media and cultures.

Hi,

The issue is finding common grounds---.

A man follows his roots till the day he dies---.

Once he finds them---he feels security in those roots.

Why does he need to find security in his roots---because the state / govt has not provided him the security---.

Early 1900 USA was just like us---ethnic groups found security in their ethnic origins---they had their dwellings described by their ethnicities and you could also see that in their gathering wedding funerals---.

Newer immigrants were more conscious than immigrants who had arrived earlier---. The last batches of immigrants the chinese and the indians still hang together amongst their relative groups---.

Older indians that came in the early 50's not so much and the chinese who came in earlier are well assimilated---.

Once the economic boom took over and the ethnic identity accepted---the americans forgot about their ethnicities---one time when there were 2-3-4 different languages spoken in a large gathering---where multiple european languages were spoken and understood by almost all---now only english is spoken---.

So---even today an american is of german italian spanish african english heritage but he / she is an american---. That primary discrimination against ethnicity has disappeared---so it is all about the start spangled banner.

The day there is a financial boom in pakistan---order and rule of law imposed equally in the society primary discrimination against different ethnic groups in pakistan would disappear---.

What you had done in your opriginal post was to mixup identity of the origin of man---and that can never be taken away---.

The term used is UNITY IN DIVERSITY---.

If you don't acknowledge that we are diverse---you cannot have unity---.

Have you ever built a brick house---have you seen the layout of the bricks---a layout with designed layout forms a solid foundation and structure---. A structure with bricks going in one direction lays out a weak structure---.

There is a certain chemistry of creating a strong structural base and that starts with acknowledging individual identity---.

Laws of nature cannot be changed---.

By the way---how old are you and what is your work experience---.

Last edited:
Hi,

The issue is finding common grounds---.

A man follows his roots till the day he dies---.

Once he finds them---he feels security in those roots.

Why does he need to find security in his roots---because the state / govt has not provided him the security---.

Early 1900 USA was just like us---ethnic groups found security in their ethnic origins---they had their dwellings described by their ethnicities and you could also see that in their gathering wedding funerals---.

Newer immigrants were more conscious than immigrants who had arrived earlier---. The last batches of immigrants the chinese and the indians still hang together amongst their relative groups---.

Older indians that came in the early 50's not so much and the chinese who came in earlier are well assimilated---.

Once the economic boom took over and the ethnic identity accepted---the americans forgot about their ethnicities---one time when there were 4-5-6 different languages spoken in a large gathering---where multiple european languages were spoken and understood by almost all---now only english is spoken---.

So---even today and american is of german italian spanish african english heritage but he / she is an american---. That primary discrimination against ethnicity has disappeared---so it is all about the start spangled banner.

The day there is a financial boom in pakistan---order and rule of law imposed equally in the society primary discrimination against different ethnic groups in pakistan would disappear---.

What you had done in your opriginal post was to mixup identity of the origin of man---and that can never be taken away---.

The term used is UNITY IN DIVERSITY---.

If you don't acknowledge that we are diverse---you cannot have unity---.

Have you ever built a brick house---have you seen the layout of the bricks---a layout with designed layout forms a solid foundation and structure---. A struck with bricks going in one direction lays out a weak structure---.

There is a certain chemistry of creating a strong structural base and that starts with acknowledging individual identity---.

Laws of nature cannot be changed---.

By the way---how old are you and what is your work experience---.

Alright, i respect your opinion. I do not like sharing my personal information online but it's suffice to say that you're old enough to be my Grandpa. :tongue:

Alright, i respect your opinion. I do not like sharing my personal information online but it's suffice to say that you're old enough to be my Grandpa. :tongue:

Hi,

See---you write a judgemental piece and we don't even know what your background and experience is that made you write that piece---.

There is a reason we have one man one woman one vote---because a nation acknowledges an individual---. Thus the identity of an individual is prioritized to make the individual secure---that security leads to that individual working more like a citizen or a person of a certain ethnic group---.

In your life---you approach an animal---the animal reacts in a certain manner and you have a certain built in reaction to that animal---.

You come across a dog and it snarls at you---but you already know how to react---same with other wild animals---how about a dolphin---with what one learns we know that dolphins are extremely playful animals---but wolves are not---.

You can try to tame a lion---but it still stays a lion---case in point Nawab Akbar Bugti---.

When a person talks to you about his ethnicity---he is just telling you how to treat him---. He is opening himself in front of you and telling you---this is who I am---now as a leader you would know what buttons to push and which buttons not to---.

Some people---you can insult and they will bow down to you---some will retaliate---.

So---is it not better to know how to build the building blocks---.

Now once the building is built and the cement has dried---the bricks locked solidly in place by the cement and the load of the weight of the structure---and the roofs have been laid and you have started to live in it---tell me how difficult is to bring that house down.

I would say---with lots of effort---.

The american have learnt the art of finding UNITY IN DIVERSITY---all other nations are just chasing behind---.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom