What's new

HELINA – HELICOPTER VERSION ARRIVES

It is very clear from your posts that you do not know what TOT is and all that it involves. It is something that I've explained a number of times in the past on this forum and at quite some length.

For the present, I 'll confine myself to saying just this. If we are not able to make even "in the box weapon systems" completely by ourselves we'll be simply nuts to start trying to make "out of the box weapon systems". Now, give that a hard thought.

True. Your point is quite acceptable . As far as I know ToT means transfer of technology . Which includes the know how of material , advanced machinery , techniques and technology involved with hands on coaching for our work force and most importantly the best the knowledge gained by our work force involved .

So I think even without zero exposure to inbox weapon system development with the knowledge and experience gained from ToT + Manufacturing we can move on to produce even more advanced weapon system than what we bought with ToT . So we don't have to reinvent wheels once again to develop a tank !

Ministry of Defence
19-August, 2018 19:52 IST
Successful Flight Test of ATGM ‘HELINA’

Indigenously developed Helicopter launched Anti-Tank Guided Missile ‘HELINA’ has been successfully flight tested from Army Helicopter at 1400hrs in the ranges of Pokhran, today. The weapon system has been tested for its full range.The ‘HELINA’ weapon system released smoothly from the launch platform has tracked the target all through its course and hit the target with high precision. Allthe parameters have been monitored by the telemetry stations, tracking systems and the Helicopters.

The Missile is guided by an Infrared Imaging Seeker (IIR) operating in the Lock on Before Launch mode. It is one of the most advanced Anti-Tank Weapons in the world.Senior officials from DRDO and Indian Army were present during the mission.

Raksha Mantri Smt Nirmala Sitharaman congratulated the DRDO and the Indian Army on the successful flight test for further strengthening the defence capabilities of the country.

So development of NAG was started in 1980 that's 37 years ago...

Today it weights 42 kg without launcher. hence is not man portable....

It has a range of 3 4 km... ok

It costs half a million usd (wtf)
And it has several versions .... none of which is operational to date...

Fantastic project

So development of NAG was started in 1980 that's 37 years ago...

Today it weights 42 kg without launcher. hence is not man portable....

It has a range of 3 4 km... ok

It costs half a million usd (wtf)
And it has several versions .... none of which is operational to date...

Fantastic project

What can we do ?? We don't steal like the Chinese

Back
Top Bottom