What's new

Head of PN awarded TAF Order of Merit, visits Atatürk's tomb

Neptune

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
1.-Turkish-Defence-Minister-presenting-a-memento-to-Pakistan-Naval-Chief.jpg

Meeting with the Minister of National Defense.

Chief-of-Naval-Staff-of-Pakistan-inspecting-guard-of-honour-upon-his-arrival-at-Turkish-Naval-Forces-Headquarters-at-Ankara.jpg

At Naval Forces HQ, Ankara.

Turkish-Naval-Chief-presenting-Legion-of-Honour-of-Turkish-Armed-forces-to-Pakistan-Naval-Chief.jpg

Pakistani Admiral is awarded with Turkish Armed Forces Order of Merit for his service to bilateral relationship between PAK-TUR.

Chief-of-Naval-Staff-of-Pakistan-writing-his-remarks-after-laying-wreath-at-the-Mausoleum-of-Mustafa-Kemal-Ataturk.jpg

He has also visited foremost supreme commander Atatürk's tomb and signed the Visit Book.

TURKISH ARMED FORCES ORDER OF MERIT:

Given to the persons who achieved great success in the performance of duties important for the Turkish Armed Forces and contributed to the improvement of the friendly relations between the Turkish Armed Forces and the Armed Forces he/she belongs to and the establishment of close relations between nations. Courtesy: Official Source.

PN chief also met with the commander of Turkish Naval Forces.

There Adm. Bostanoğlu announced that TNF will participate to AMAN-15 with Ada-class ASW/Patrol corvette a.k.a Milgem TCG Büyükada (F512). General characteristics as followed;

Class & type: Ada class corvette
Type: Patrol and anti-submarine warfare
Displacement: 2,300 tonnes
Length: 99.56 m
Beam: 14.40 m
Draught: 3.89 m
Speed: Economy 15 knots Maximum 29 knots
Range: 3,500 nautical miles (6,480 km) @ 15 knots
Endurance: 21 days with logistic support
10 days autonomous
Complement: 93 including aviation officers, with accommodation for up to 106

Sensors and
processing systems:

GENESIS CMS
SMART-S Mk2 search radar
Sonar, GPS, LAN, ECDIS
UniMACS 3000 IPMS
X-band radar, Fire control radar

Electronic warfare
& decoys
: Aselsan ARES-2N

Others:
Laser/RF systems, ASW jammers,SSTD

Armament:
Guns:
  • 1 x 76 mm OtoMelara Super Rapid
  • 2 x 20 mm Aselsan STAMP
Anti-surface missiles:

Anti-aircraft missiles:

Torpedoes:

Aviation facilities:
Hangar and platform for:
Capability of storing armaments, 20 tons of JP-5 aircraft fuel, aerial refueling (HIRF) and maintenance systems.

buyukada.jpg

@Horus @fatman17 @Penguin @Rashid Mahmood and others.

Last edited:
Pakistan Navy was once interested in Milgem class Corvettes ... Don't know that they are currently are or aren't

Pakistan Navy was once interested in Milgem class Corvettes ... Don't know that they are currently are or aren't
Few reasons as far as I know;

1. The Milgem has less displacement that means less armor not thick one.
2. No dedicated CIWS guns only automated 12.7mm guns not good enough for fighter aircraft's and missiles.
3. Uses PDMS (Point Defence Missile System) RIM 162 with 21 rounds with range of only 9 km with Blast fragmentation warhead system means probably no proximity fuse.
4. No 30 mm CIWS systems which are good against any aerial targets.
5. No Anti Submarine rockets which are also famous for use as artillery barrage against shore and beach targets.

furthermore US would intervene for rim 162 is their product.

each costs around 225 million dollars.
instead of that we can buy type 054A which is 240 million dollars or max 260 million dollars. if we convert 1.5 billion chinese yuan cost of Type 054A.

Few reasons as far as I know;

1. The Milgem has less displacement that means less armor not thick one.

Excuse me but since when less displacement means less armor? It is heavily armored considering it's class. Example: F-22P is a frigate with a displacement of 2,500 tons whereas Ada-class is a corvette and it's 2,300. Based on your conclusion, F-22P is supposed to be just a swimming duck on sea. It doesn't make any sense.

2. No dedicated CIWS guns only automated 12.7mm guns not good enough for fighter aircraft's and missiles.

12.7mm STAMP is a remote controlled weapon station, not a CIWS.

3. Uses PDMS (Point Defence Missile System) RIM 162 with 21 rounds with range of only 9 km with Blast fragmentation warhead system means probably no proximity fuse.

Are you kidding me. RIM-162 is ESSM. It has a range of 50 km with a speed of Mach 4+. It's deployed on Gabya-class guided missile frigates along with SM-1MR Block IV.

What we have on Ada-class corvette is the RIM-116 RAM Block II. It is a point defense weapon to be used against anti-ship missiles. It solely has a different purpose. It is a ASW corvette.

4. No 30 mm CIWS systems which are good against any aerial targets.

It is built on the needs of TNF. Just please read some information regarding Ada-class corvettes and their role. It can defend itself against missile attacks by aircraft with RAM.

5. No Anti Submarine rockets which are also famous for use as artillery barrage against shore and beach targets.

furthermore US would intervene for rim 162 is their product.

Being an ASW asset is poses Mk46 Mod 5 torpedoes in 2x Mk32 triple launchers.
It's RIM-116 not ESSM. But so is this.

each costs around 225 million dollars.
instead of that we can buy type 054A which is 240 million dollars or max 260 million dollars. if we convert 1.5 billion chinese yuan cost of Type 054A.

Their actual price is 260 million USD.

Excuse me but since when less displacement means less armor? It is heavily armored considering it's class. Example: F-22P is a frigate with a displacement of 2,500 tons whereas Ada-class is a corvette and it's 2,300. Based on your conclusion, F-22P is supposed to be just a swimming duck on sea. It doesn't make any sense.

12.7mm STAMP is a remote controlled weapon station, not a CIWS.

Are you kidding me. RIM-162 is ESSM. It has a range of 50 km with a speed of Mach 4+. It's deployed on Gabya-class guided missile frigates along with SM-1MR Block IV.

What we have on Ada-class corvette is the RIM-116 RAM Block II. It is a point defense weapon to be used against anti-ship missiles. It solely has a different purpose. It is a ASW corvette.

It is built on the needs of TNF. Just please read some information regarding Ada-class corvettes and their role. It can defend itself against missile attacks by aircraft with RAM.

Being an ASW asset is poses Mk46 Mod 5 torpedoes in 2x Mk32 triple launchers.
It's RIM-116 not ESSM. But so is this.

Their actual price is 260 million USD.

Sorry Rim 116 is what I mean't not Rim 162. I am saying milgem has ram PDMS the ESSM or Rim 162 is yet to be installed which is proposed project. You think I am making fun of the ship which I am not I am saying the reason regarding why Pakistan didn't bought it. which is reasonable PN is not rich enough to buy 225 million dollars ship with only role of litorral combat. I hope you understand now.
our f22p costs around 180 million dollars with more weaponry than that Pakistan should consider buying F22p thats my point if it needs PDMS instead of CIWS it can replace the Type 730B with FL3000N with 24 magazine PDMS. So which is cheaper than what milgem could provide pakistan navy with.
F22p further provides not just torpedoes but submarine rockets which is different weaponry and can work as additional offshore artillery barrage.

Just for the record , what contributions did ( can) a Naval Chief make towards Bi lateral relations ?

Just for the record , what contributions did ( can) a Naval Chief make towards Bi lateral relations ?

sipping tea, hosting lunches and dinners......come on man, get with the program.

cost was the main issue amongst other things...

Back
Top Bottom