What's new

HAL to produce cryogenic engines for ISRO

ho gaya kalyaan
Puch lo kitna delay expected hai

There goes the whole project down the drain. :frown:

I hoped they keep HAL, and ISRO separate, but I guess it was too much to hope for.

HAL? WHY HAL? I thought they have more than enough to do... :hitwall:

HAL will work UNDER the supervision of ISRO.

Complete Design, Technology validation as well as the new facility set-up is done by ISRO.

Don't understand where the problem is??

And ''intriguing'' because they chose the most difficult way of making their rockets powerful.

A second assemble facility in HAL for cryogenic engine. its good. but why everything is going to HAL. what about NAL. we need atleast two competitive capable aeronautics company in the future. for that development of NAL is very important.
I'll prefer instead of NAL it should be some private company like L&T or Tata Group with good history in other sectors .....

HAL's production facility will only be an alternative to already existing facility of Godrej and MTAR. If HAL needs business it has to compete with the above to get a better share.

I'll prefer instead of NAL it should be some private company like L&T or Tata Group with good history in other sectors .....

For private sectors already we are having godrej industiesa and MTAR technologies dude. so if this second line goes to NAL then it will be good for IAF.

very good news

HAL to produce cryogenic engines for ISRO | idrw.org

The most intriguing part of the article..
India working on more powerful 'semi cryogenic' engines.

The article refers to this

isro-semicryo.jpg

20110802-India-Space-Shuttle-Reusable-Launch-Vehicle-16%25255B2%25255D.jpg

this is the schematic diagram of space shuttle main engine, look how complex its fuel flow is, to maintain pressure, efficiency, thrust, temperature and reduce risk.

Ssme_schematic.svg
SSME uses Staged combustion cycle with dual preburner,that's why it is the most complicated cryo-engine.ISRO is developing that too but with single preburner.
cryo1.jpg

SSME uses Staged combustion cycle with dual preburner,that's why it is the most complicated cryo-engine.ISRO is developing that too but with single preburner.
cryo1.jpg

why do you basically need dual pre burner?

why do you basically need dual pre burner?

May be because there are two seperate high pressure pumps and to drive them,two seperate gas turbines?
Because here fuels with different viscosities are being used and need pumps running at different speeds for same pressure..

These complications you dont get in a semi cryo engine.....

May be because there are two seperate high pressure pumps and to drive them,two seperate gas turbines?
Because here fuels with different viscosities are being used and need pumps running at different speeds for same pressure..

These complications you dont get in a semi cryo engine.....
okay yeah right. I was thinking if the same can be used but the point is one is oxidizer and other is fuel with different viscosity.

"intriguing'' because semi cryogenic are much more difficult to make than improve on an existing cryogenic design or improve on solid fuel rocket motors of the boosters,or a combination of both.
Build a liquid fuel SLV first then criticize others

okay yeah right. I was thinking if the same can be used but the point is one is oxidizer and other is fuel with different viscosity.
Any CE has minimum two separate turbopump.SSME has 4 turbopumps and two of them are high pressure oxidiser/fuel turbopump.Having both preburner for oxygen rich and fuel rich each,will give extraordinary thrust but at the cost of very complex engine.

Any CE has minimum two separate turbopump.SSME has 4 turbopumps and two of them are high pressure oxidiser/fuel turbopump.Having both preburner for oxygen rich and fuel rich each,will give extraordinary thrust but at the cost of very complex engine.

With all the complicated design...SSME simply cannot generate enough thrust for lift off without solid rocket boosters.
While Buran's energia rocket did not need solid rocket boosters and gained lift off by liquidfuels alone.

Back
Top Bottom