What's new

HAL Light Utility Helicopter New Trials

The cut offseems like dead weight fall than autorotation..

HAL should develop a twin engine variant of the LUH and ditch the Ka-226 deal on a whole

I think KA226 is kinda of a political token to the Russians anyway.
I agree which is also why we went on to procure 2 Kravik-III frigates from Russia even though we started designing & building all of our naval platforms in-house. But MoD should start imposing a self arms-embargo on whatever we could develop in-house or made significant progress and rotary winged platforms is one area where we're pretty good at.

Instead, MoD should've gone for a more complex system as a political token and for strategic purposes

Last edited:
I always wonder how long we can keep this appeasement foreign policy irrespective of who is sitting in Delhi. in regards to Karvik 3 requirement .

I always wonder how long we can keep this appeasement foreign policy irrespective of who is sitting in Delhi. in regards to Karvik 3 requirement .
We still need their support in UNSC, NSG etc

We still need their support in UNSC, NSG etc

Zapper correct me if I am wrong As long as china has veto power there is nothing much gonna move . agree that ruskies and US support can end in a stalemate without any result. I feel that for now we are a golden duck, we are unable to stop RD 33 series engines to PAK or sale of SU 30 series to china, inspite of giving billions of dollars worth of contracts to Russia , I am not talking about the clone , the one they bought.

I would be in bed with Uncle SAM rather than Natasha because USSR is gone and the new Russia is different. if you ask me why what choice we have , Delays, no sense of national security by PSU's chalthahey attitude.

Form example : I feel really ridiculous by that by OFB guy portraying a AK 74 clone in defence expo JEEZ
EXAMPLE 2: our idiots don't know about TONBO till they where told by US army that these are manufactured by the Indian company

I agree that weapons are meant to kill but hope you agree that making them too crude will also make oneself too sloppy .

Zapper correct me if I am wrong As long as china has veto power there is nothing much gonna move . agree that ruskies and US support can end in a stalemate without any result
China would always veto against us since we're the only ones capable of challenging their hegemony in Asia. US might support us since they wanted India to counter-balance China but Russia supports those who buy their stuff which is why we had to continue offering defence contracts despite having the capability to make em in-house

we are unable to stop RD 33 series engines to PAK or sale of SU 30 series to china, inspite of giving billions of dollars worth of contracts to Russia , I am not talking about the clone , the one they bought.
China has the money and there is no reason for us to stop weapons procurements of our adversaries. We can't keep buying stuff from countries around the world just cuz they'd stop selling to China or Pak. We should develop the capability to defend ourselves by maximizing self-reliance and reducing foreign dependency

I would be in bed with Uncle SAM rather than Natasha because USSR is gone and the new Russia is different
Despite US having superior weapons, it's still risky to go with American weapons systems in significant numbers due to the fear of sanctions or denying spares if we ever act against their interests. We've seen how pak was denied additional F-16's or AH-1Z's and most recently, turkey being kicked out of F-35 program due to their S-400 deal. We'd be forced to forego all Russian arms purchases and US apart from France would have a monopoly on us and end up selling at premium costs

I feel really ridiculous by that by OFB guy portraying a AK 74 clone in defence expo JEEZ
EXAMPLE 2: our idiots don't know about TONBO till they where told by US army that these are manufactured by the Indian company

I agree that weapons are meant to kill but hope you agree that making them too crude will also make oneself too sloppy .
OFB's and DPSU's have always been incompetent. No wonder they're protesting in fear for privatization since they need to get their arse to work if a private management takes over. Also, the hiring policy where most of em are reservation candidates. BJP should take a strong stance in privatizing all non-performing DPSU's which is the only way our defence production could ramp up

LUH soon to receive IOC

1592101524249.png

Back
Top Bottom