What's new

HAL gets Israeli order for more Boeing cargo doors

DrPuff

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
2017-02-10T064703Z_1_LYNXMPED190A4_RTROPTP_3_SINGAPORE-AIRLIN-ORDERS-BOEING.JPG

BENGALURU: State-run Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) received a fresh order from the Israeli Aerospace Industries (IAI) to supply eight sets of cargo doors for the main deck of Boeing 737, said an official of the defence behemoth on Saturday.

"The IAI has signed a fresh contract with us to supply eight more sets of the main deck cargo door for Boeing 737 jets," the official told IANS on the sidelines of the biennial Aero India 2017 expo here.

The city-based defence aerospace major has already supplied 30 similar doors to IAI.

"The IAI has placed the additional order in view of our quality and timely delivery of the earlier order," added the official.

The company has been making doors for the single aisle A320 aircraft of the global aerospace major Airbus Industries since 2009.

"The IAI's new order reflects the confidence reposed by our valued Israeli customer," asserted HAL Chairman T. Suvarna Raju in a statement on the occasion.

The company, however, did not disclose the value of the new or the previous orders and delivery schedule of the fresh one.

As the leading maker of military and passenger aircraft, Boeing has sold about 6,500 jets in the 737-200C series worldwide.

"The Boeing 737 aircraft has the capacity to carry 21,500 pounds of cargo and 112 passengers," said the US-based aerospace major.

The Tel Aviv-based IAI is leading supplier of subsystems and components to Boeing.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/sta...rder-for-more-boeing-cargo-doors-1572026.html

How much the deal costs!?
Dunno but hal has already manufactured and supplied IAI more than 30 such main deck Cargo Doors for their 737..Israelis were surprised by it's good quality so it might be a big order.

Cargo doors, door handles, wind shield wiper, information booklet..etc high value & sophisticated items I suppose.

Dunno but hal has already manufactured and supplied IAI more than 30 such main deck Cargo Doors for their 737..Israelis were surprised by it's good quality so it might be a big order.
They dont have time or find it worth to manufacture it , so they outsource it to others. Mean while they work on more high value stuff.

Hal will make whatever the customer asks for!!
Need to value ur time dude, you need to compete with them. It simply says HAL does not have any other good thing to work on.
Just bcos I pay you ,would you clean my toilet. You would invest your time elsewhere to make more bang for your time and which will enhance your skills as well.

They dont have time or find it worth to manufacture it , so they outsource it to others. Mean while they work on more high value stuff.

Need to value ur time dude, you need to compete with them. It simply says HAL does not have any other good thing to work on.
Just bcos I pay you ,would you clean my toilet. You would invest your time elsewhere to make more bang for your time and which will enhance your skills as well.
Lol...you're simply clueless....what make you think making fuselage and doors is waste of time...you really think there is nothing to learn from it....then have a look at IMRH design and Sikorsky 92 cabin design....you'll be surprised!!

Lol...you're simply clueless....what make you think making fuselage and doors is waste of time...you really think there is nothing to learn from it....then have a look at IMRH design and Sikorsky 92 cabin design....you'll be surprised!!
u are not getting it. Its not about technical design but which gives maximum value. Its simply like software outsourcing we are in the lower part of value chain. why does not rolls royce build the doors instead of engines? its not simply worth it for them. We cannot spend time doing all the grunt work that they dont want to do.

u are not getting it. Its not about technical design but which gives maximum value. Its simply like software outsourcing we are in the lower part of value chain. why does not rolls royce build the doors instead of engines? its not simply worth it for them. We cannot spend time doing all the grunt work that they dont want to do.
Judging by previous posts, this post is not directed towards anyone. If someone thinks that building cargo door or even windscreen is not important then I am sorry for their ignorance. In space or up there in air even a bolt's quality matters so much that lifes depend on its strength and durability. Rest you can all keep running in circles. I am out. Thank you.

There's a bigger picture here, no one seems to pay attention to.
Lately, more and more articles in the Israeli media bout Israeli companies, and IAI specificly, investing in the Indian market, as in collaboration and deals with Indian market, in order to profit in the end game = earning a piece in "Made in India" policy.
This deal is only a minor part in a big game being played by Israeli companies.

1 Set of Doors Means 6 Doors.

8 Sets mean 48 Doors

30 Sets Already made means 30X6 =180 Doors

Back
Top Bottom