What's new

Gunmen kill retired general in Rawalpindi shooting

RescueRanger

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Police investigators inspect a car at the site of a drive-by shooting of a former Pakistani commando general and his driver on the outskirts of Islamabad November 19, 2008. – Reuters

ISLAMABAD: Gunmen riding a motorbike shot dead a former head of Pakistani military commandos and his driver in the garrison city of Rawalpindi on Wednesday, Reuters reported.

Major-General Amir Faisal Alvi, who commanded the elite Special Services Group (SSG) and retired more than two years ago, was heading towards Islamabad from his home in Rawalpindi when the assailants sprayed his car with bullets.

'General Alvi left his house in his car when gunmen on a motorbike and in a Pajero (SUV) sprayed bullets at him near his house,' local area police officer Sajid Ahmed told AFP.

Islamist militants linked to the Taliban and al Qaeda have targetted top army brass and security officials, but it was unclear whether the motive for Alvi's slaying was militant or criminal, senior police officer, Saqib Sultan said.
'It's too early to make any conclusion,' Sultan said.
---

I am so peed of Gen. Mohsin Alvi was a very good friend, he was no longer active and was a GM for a Malaysian Telecom co "RedTone"... What a utter loss! :frown::angry:

F****** DOGS!

Yar Ye Bakwas chooro! He was killed as a civillian and i knew the man personally! He was an excellent solider! Internal Politics dont mean **** when you leave the force! He was no longer serving and had a job in a non military/security "telecom" sector with his office in F8 near Nazim-ud-din road...

Why Kill Him! I am just so angry right now!

its so sad news god bless him and give him place in peradise ....amen

Was he in command at time of the Lal Masjid Operation? It is likely he was. I just hope that the agencies properly investigate this and grab the killers...

may allaha rest him in peace,my condolences to his family!:cry:
ppp govt was involved , in the mysterious death of brig. TM, but this target killing have nothing to do with politics, its a cowrd act of the cowrd people's.:angry::angry::angry:

Was he in command at time of the Lal Masjid Operation? It is likely he was. I just hope that the agencies properly investigate this and grab the killers...

No he left in 2006.

^^very sad indeed!
i hope they find the a**h***s and hang them!

I have seen this picture, this man looks formidable.

RescueRanger, I apologize if I am over-stepping my mark but was General Alvi's office heavily involved in counter-terrorist operations of the time?

I have seen this picture, this man looks formidable.

RescueRanger, I apologize if I am over-stepping my mark but was General Alvi's office heavily involved in counter-terrorist operations of the time?

Kasrkin, that is fine. Yes sine 2001 the SSG played a pivitol role in the our internal conflict in the tribal areas, Gen. Alvi was heavily invloved in the conflict in WANA and naturally made enemies.

Since Lal Masjid we have seen attacks on SSG and military, remember the attack on Gazi Terbela? This is just another targeted killing. The whole affair reeks of coordinated and well planned attack.

My condolences to his family and friends, to include Rescue Ranger.

May he rest in peace (present arms!).:pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom