What's new

Gunday Trailer

IamBengali

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
I am really looking forward to this movie. Its a period film set in 1970's. Ranveer and Arjun play Bangladeshi refugees in Kolkata.

gunday1.jpg

Isn't Bollywood banned in Bangladesh. where will you watch.I guess pirated.:crazy:
By the way who is the heroine.

Isn't Bollywood banned in Bangladesh. where will you watch.I guess pirated.:crazy:
By the way who is the heroine.

WE see through pirated DVDs. Cable operators run their own channel. They play Bollywood movies and songs every day non stop. Most cable operators run atleast 2 video channels to play Hindi, Bangla, English movies but English movies are not popular at all and BDeshis make fun of their own filthy movies (except 1 or 2 in a year). Cable operators play mostly Hindi movies non stop. We see a new bollywood film in cable just two days after the release. Currently Dhoom 3 is the talk of the city. Hindi movies have more powerful impact on Bangladeshis than Indians themselves. I bet release a B grade Hindi film in BD. It will break all records in BO collection.

Gunday heroine is Priyanka Chopra.

New song promo. The song is rocking. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Last edited:
oh it is a Yash Raj movie..should be a good one..

Don't you people watch Lollywood ?

WE see through pirated DVDs. Cable operators run their own channel. They play Bollywood movies and songs every day non stop. Most cable operators run atleast 2 video channels to play Hindi, Bangla, English movies but English movies are not popular at all and BDians make fun of their own filthy movies (except 1 or 2 in a year). Cable operators play mostly Hindi movies non stop. We see a new bollywood film in cable just two days after the release. Currently Dhoom 3 is the talk of the city. Hindi movies have more powerful impact on Bangladeshis than Indians themselves. I bet release a B grade Hindi film in BD. It will break all records in BO collection.
So, if bollywood is so much famous in Bangladesh why dose it have ban on bollywood in Cinema halls.
Do people of bangladesh understand hindi or there is a dubbed version. Is starplus , sony, zee in hindi or bangla??

oh it is a Yash Raj movie..should be a good one..

Don't you people watch Lollywood ?

We can't relate to those movies. Somehow Hindi film is deeply rooted among BD people. We even can't relate with Kolkatan movies much either. Only Hindi movies are extremely popular. Even I doubt 10 people watched Urdu movies of Bangladeshi actress Shabnam who used to be the numero uno actress in Pakistan for many decades.

So, if bollywood is so much famous in Bangladesh why dose it have ban on bollywood in Cinema halls.
Do people of bangladesh understand hindi or there is a dubbed version. Is starplus , sony, zee in hindi or bangla??

Bachcha bachcha janta hai hindi in BD. No need to dub them in Bangla.

Bollywood film was banned for saving the local industry for many decades but the BD industry is crap. Make extremely poke worthy cinema. So due to pressure from cinema hall owners association the ban is lifted. Bollywood will come next year may be.

Last edited:
bangladeshis keenly follow bollywood.. even those who will come and say bollywood is sh*t do so in private.
And yes bollywood is more popular than arty movies because no need to use brain...
we are both same same .. @BDforever

well, not all of India follows bollywood the way it is popular in south-central asian countries.

We can't relate to those movies. Somehow Hindi film is deeply rooted among BD people. We even can't relate with Kolkatan movies much either. Only Hindi movies are extremely popular. Even I doubt 10 people watched Urdu movies of Bangladeshi actress Shabnam who used to be the numero uno actress in Pakistan for many decades.

Bachcha bachcha janta hai hindi in BD. No need to dub them in Bangla.

Bollywood film was banned for saving the local industry for many decades but the BD industry is crap. Make extremely poke worthy cinema. So due to pressure from cinema hall owners association the ban is lifted. Bollywood will come next year may be.

Bengali film industry used to make brilliant movies till 80's, from 90's it started copying Bollywood and went down the drain for roughly 15-20 years. Things have improved radically in last 10-12 years and some excellent meaningful Bengali movies are releasing in numerous multiplexes. Now our film industry are making three types of films, 1. jatrapala type low budget films for rural areas, 2. Big budget flashy masala type films, 3. Good meaningful well-directed films with good storyline, mostly popular in urban areas and in multiplexes.

Is the 3rd type has any demand in Bangladesh?

Back
Top Bottom