What's new

Gulf Finance Plans $10 Billion Business Park in India

tyagi

Reaction score
Bloomberg.com: Asia

Dec. 14 (Bloomberg) -- Gulf Finance House EC, a Bahrain- based investment bank, is building a $10 billion energy and software city in India, taking overseas investments by Persian Gulf states this year to a record $85 billion.

The Islamic investment bank scaled up its year-earlier plan to invest $2 billion on the outskirts of Mumbai solely for energy companies after getting ``tremendous response'' from investors, Peter Panayiotou, acting chief executive officer, told reporters in Mumbai.

Persian Gulf states, which earn $1.2 billion a day from oil exports, are buying overseas assets ranging from hotels to entertainment complexes at a record rate as they seek to diversify beyond energy. The cash-rich nations are tapping rising demand for office space and houses in India and China, the world's two fastest-growing major economies.

``Investors from the Gulf are flush with money from high crude prices and real estate is something that over a longer term can create value,'' said Mahesh Patil, who helps manage $800 million in stocks at Birla Sun Life Asset Management in Mumbai. ``With investing in the U.S. no longer being so attractive, they are probably looking at India and China.''

Middle East states, enriched by record oil prices, have more than doubled their overseas investments to a record $84.5 billion this year, including today's announcement, Bloomberg data show.

3,000 Investors

All of the $10 billion will be raised from 3,000 wealthy individuals and financial institutions in the Middle East, Panayiotou said.

An initial spending of $650 million will be done on the energy city and about $400 million on the software city, which will include telecommunications, he said. The cost of an entertainment park, that's also planned in the complex, hasn't yet been determined.

The bank has raised $630 million for the first phase of construction, Chairman Esam Janahi said. Gulf Finance is in the process of raising money for the second phase, he said. The project near Mumbai is expected to be completed in about five years.

``The response from strategic investors led us to expand the idea to include three additional projects.'' Janahi said. ``We raised more funds than we had planned to for the first phase of this project.''

Gulf Finance's announcement compares with the $15 billion of foreign direct investments India received in the financial year end March 31. The government expects foreign direct investments of $30 billion in the current fiscal.

Investors' Fancy

``Foreign direct investment flows into India is set to increase rapidly from now on,'' said D. H. Pai Panandiker, president at RPG Foundation, an economic policy group in New Delhi. ``India's growth potential has caught the fancy of foreign investors.''

India's economy has grown at over 9 percent since April 2005. India's pace of growth is almost three times the economic expansion in the U.S. and countries that share the euro, and falls only behind China's 11.5 percent gain last quarter among the world's top 15 economies.

The Indian project will be carried out jointly with Gulf Energy, an energy consulting company associated with the bank in the building of the $2.6 billion ``Energy City Qatar'' in the Persian Gulf state of Qatar.

Gulf Finance and Gulf Energy in July agreed to develop a business and residential district for energy companies in China for $5 billion.

The energy city in China is planned 30 kilometers (19 miles) from Beijing. The 13.4 square-kilometer area will include an international exchange, data units and a science park, Gulf Finance said on July 17.

I think that these countries should keep in mind how they can help the poor Muslims of India.

I think that these countries should keep in mind how they can help the poor Muslims of India.

I don't think they are a charitable organization.. They are all Capitalist.

I think the poor Muslims of India should equip themselves with the requiste skillset to hop onto the bandwagon.
Even if the Rich offer them 5000$ each they will exhaust it in some years.. by giving them jobs etc. they can have a permanent source of income..

So I am totally against Charity rather investment is the way to go..

I don't think they are a charitable organization.. They are all Capitalist.

I think the poor Muslims of India should equip themselves with the requiste skillset to hop onto the bandwagon.
Even if the Rich offer them 5000$ each they will exhaust it in some years.. by giving them jobs etc. they can have a permanent source of income..

So I am totally against Charity rather investment is the way to go..

Well the Muslims of India might be better skilled if your government treated them as equal citizens. Muslims are treated lower then low class Hindus. What type of democracy is India. They are only a democracy on the face, basically just talk.

Well the Muslims of India might be better skilled if your government treated them as equal citizens. Muslims are treated lower then low class Hindus. What type of democracy is India. They are only a democracy on the face, basically just talk.

Visit India interact with Muslims here rich , poor and business peoples you will realize the value of democracy,

Poor irrespective of religions have tendency to blame the government.

Well the Muslims of India might be better skilled if your government treated them as equal citizens.Muslims are treated lower then low class Hindus. What type of democracy is India. They are only a democracy on the face, basically just talk.

Is it the Indian govt that is forcing them to live in poverty and not get education?? what about owners of Midday, Servokon, wockhardth, Cipla, Himalya, Wipro, hamdard, habeeb etc. are all Muslim-owned and are at the top of their game..

This is not the thread goto the relevant threads...

BTW here I have started a new thread..

http://www.defence.pk/forums/econom...indian-economy-interview-dr-omar-khalidi.html

Poor irrespective of religions have tendency to blame the government.

I wholeheartedly agree. If you are content with living in a gutter or you have no drive to improve your condition you will always be like that and blame others.

There are so many opportunities in India today that any one with drive, ambition and perservance has the capacity to become a billionaire..

In the last 10 years the number of billionaires in India has increased 20 times incl. many Muslims, Sikhs, christians, parsis etc.

Is it the Indian govt that is forcing them to live in poverty and not get education?? what about owners of Midday, Servokon, wockhardth, Cipla, Himalya, Wipro, hamdard, habeeb etc. are all Muslim-owned and are at the top of their game..

http://www.defence.pk/forums/econom...indian-economy-interview-dr-omar-khalidi.html

Their is no doubt that their are many Muslims in India who are well off, but the fact still remains majority of Muslims of India are poor and that is because of the Indian Government. Now when I say that the Indian Government is to blame, it is in my opinion true, and I have facts to prove it. My cousins wife she is from India and she is Muslim, she tells of how they are discriminated against. She told me when she went for a job she was not hired because she was a Muslim and the buracracy was Hindu. She told me she was better qualified but still could not get the job, she also sad that their were many of her other friends who who were Muslims and they were treated the same way. You have to understand the Indian Government is controlled by Hindus and Hindus would never want Muslims to succeed.

Their is no doubt that their are many Muslims in India who are well off, but the fact still remains majority of Muslims of India are poor and that is because of the Indian Government.

NO..

Now when I say that the Indian Government is to blame, it is in my opinion true, and I have facts to prove it. My cousins wife she is from India and she is Muslim, she tells of how they are discriminated against. She told me when she went for a job she was not hired because she was a Muslim and the buracracy was Hindu. She told me she was better qualified but still could not get the job, she also sad that their were many of her other friends who who were Muslims and they were treated the same way.

Yeah my Cousin's wife is a Sikh from Pakistan she tells me Muslims are bad.. :rofl:

Though ask her to file a PIL then.. if Delhi's beggars can file one.. she can too..

You have to understand the Indian Government is controlled by Hindus and Hindus would never want Muslims to succeed.

:blah::blah:
Congress is Headed by??
An Italian Chrisitan
GoI is headed by??
A West Punjabi Sikh..
:bunny:

Like I said before you can show all the democratic principles of India but the fact still remains it is only a democracy on the surface.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom