What's new

Gsat-30 lift-off from French Guiana on January 17 to be Isro’s first satellite launch this year

Satellite launches have become a proven forte by now, I'm more interested in our gagannaut and lunar expeditions.

Nevertheless, it should be a good start for a (hopefully) great year for ISRO.
Most excited about Aditya L1. I beleive it will be the second active solar probe after NASA's Parker.

India has had a launch site in Grench guiana for several years now. What exactly is the big deal?
Had a launch site? So you mean like a launch base?damn india is such a supapowa, another overseas military launch base. BTW, India is near tge equator, why do you need to launch from Guyana? I wonder? Don't you find it odd they didn't mention the rocket type? Hahahahhahahhahahha

Last edited:
Had a launch site? So you mean like a launch base?damn india is such a supapowa, another overseas military launch base. BTW, India is near tge equator, why do you need to launch from Guyana? I wonder? Don't you find it odd they didn't mention the rocket type? Hahahahhahahhahahha
Is that all you have? Cheap shots.

Is that all you have? Cheap shots.
I genuinely am not sure what he is trying to say. All of the world's space agencies launch from different locations around the world, using launch vehicles from different agencies.

I genuinely am not sure what he is trying to say. All of the world's space agencies launch from different locations around the world, using launch vehicles from different agencies.
He is taking a cheap shot at India for not having capability to launch heavier satellites weighing over 4 tonnes. He is using superpower connotations to mock India. That's his mental capability, ignore that idiot.

Please post the actual article, not just the link. Its against forum rules, if a Mod sees it and is really in a bad mood, can lock or delete the thread.

I tried and posted the actual article, Please make sure there are no mistakes.

ISRO is really doing great job. Good luck for the year 2020.

Gsat-30 lift-off from French Guiana on January 17 to be Isro’s first satellite launch this year

Surendra Singh | TNN Jan 5, 2020, 19:02 IST

The lift-off of geostationary communication satellite Gsat-30 on January 17 from European spaceport in French Guiana will be Indian Space Research Organisation’s (Isro’s) first satellite launch this year, space agency chairman K Sivan told TOI. Gsat-30 weighing 3,450 kg will be a replacement for Insat-4A satellite.

The space agency is also scheduled to launch high-throughput communication satellite Gsat-20 this year. Three other high-throughput satellites of similar band Ku and Ka frequencies like Gsat-19 (June 5, 2017 launch), Gsat-29 (14 November 2018 launch) and Gsat-11 (Isro’s heaviest satellite launched on December 5, 2018)) had already been launched.The four together will boost internet revolution in India, especially in rural areas, as it will provide high bandwidth connectivity of over 100 Gbps, including in-flight and maritime connectivity. Together, all these satellites will help bridge the digital divide.

Gsat-11-like satellites are meant to provide multi-spot beam coverage over India’s mainland and nearby islands. The satellites are special as they use multiple spot beams (a special kind of transponder that operates on a high frequency) that will increase internet speed and connectivity.

The Gsat-30 and Gsat-20 are among 25 missions that have been planned to be launched this year. Besides the satellite missions, Isro has also lined up big missions like Aditya L1 solar (middle of this year) Chandrayaan-3 and Small Satellite Launch Vehicle testflight and first Gaganyaan unmanned test-flight (year-end) this year.

I am asking genuine questions so that you can discover the truth, why do you need to launch from French Guiana, an ARIANE launch base when India is located near the equator, and why is there no mention of the launch rocket type? Think critically.... Lol

I am asking genuine questions so that you can discover the truth, why do you need to launch from French Guiana, an ARIANE launch base when India is located near the equator, and why is there no mention of the launch rocket type? Think critically.... Lol
Most ISRO launches are done from Abdul Kalam island and Satish Dhawan. India has had a deal with France to launch some GSAT class satellites from French Guiana for several years.

Please post the actual article, not just the link. Its against forum rules, if a Mod sees it and is really in a bad mood, can lock or delete the thread.

I tried and posted the actual article, Please make sure there are no mistakes.

ISRO is really doing great job. Good luck for the year 2020.

Surendra Singh | TNN Jan 5, 2020, 19:02 IST

The lift-off of geostationary communication satellite Gsat-30 on January 17 from European spaceport in French Guiana will be Indian Space Research Organisation’s (Isro’s) first satellite launch this year, space agency chairman K Sivan told TOI. Gsat-30 weighing 3,450 kg will be a replacement for Insat-4A satellite.

The space agency is also scheduled to launch high-throughput communication satellite Gsat-20 this year. Three other high-throughput satellites of similar band Ku and Ka frequencies like Gsat-19 (June 5, 2017 launch), Gsat-29 (14 November 2018 launch) and Gsat-11 (Isro’s heaviest satellite launched on December 5, 2018)) had already been launched.The four together will boost internet revolution in India, especially in rural areas, as it will provide high bandwidth connectivity of over 100 Gbps, including in-flight and maritime connectivity. Together, all these satellites will help bridge the digital divide.

Gsat-11-like satellites are meant to provide multi-spot beam coverage over India’s mainland and nearby islands. The satellites are special as they use multiple spot beams (a special kind of transponder that operates on a high frequency) that will increase internet speed and connectivity.

The Gsat-30 and Gsat-20 are among 25 missions that have been planned to be launched this year. Besides the satellite missions, Isro has also lined up big missions like Aditya L1 solar (middle of this year) Chandrayaan-3 and Small Satellite Launch Vehicle testflight and first Gaganyaan unmanned test-flight (year-end) this year.
Thank you. Was just having trouble pasting the article for some reason. I always try and copy paste the whole thing.

Back
Top Bottom