What's new

Greatest Mughal Emperor???

all the mughal rulers were thugs.they sucked the blood of indians.only some royal,subordinates and officers families were happy;rest of the population was in tatters.bastrds enjoyed concubines in their harems and ate delicious dishes cutting themselves off from common peoples suffering.

no one all of them were busy in wife and GFs . that is why they are no more on earth . if they work for public and hold country they were remain like UK royals . koi saala taj mehail banwa raha tha to koi anar kali ka mazar .:pissed: or last wala to poetry likh likh mar gya arrest ho ker .

have u ever seen muslim women in functions?they have heaps of make up on their face.it is the legacy of muslim rulers.i have never seen any hindu woman doing any make up apart from powder or fair and lovely.i donno abt north india but in south hindu women dont do make up where as muslims do(ofcourse now a days some upper middle class girls are doing make up

Akbar. No one else even qualifies.

True but i am enthralled by Aurangzeb . as a ruler he might have been harsh but he was very pious in his personal life. , when i visited his grave in Aurangabad i was impressed by his humility .

dsc00965.jpg

His tomb was in the open and there was a small tomb to its right (of his guru), he wanted all the rain which washed his gurus tomb to then flow over his tomb .

True but i am enthralled by Aurangzeb . as a ruler he might have been harsh but he was very pious in his personal life. , when i visited his grave in Aurangabad i was impressed by his humility .

dsc00965.jpg

His tomb was in the open and there was a small tomb to its right (of his guru), he wanted all the rain which washed his gurus tomb to then flow over his tomb .

Humility ? You can't judge a man's humility by looking at his grave. You judge it by looking at his behavior with those beneath him when he was in a position of power over them. And the less said about Aurangzeb in that respect, the better. His treatment of his subjects particularly non-muslims is famous.

have u ever seen muslim women in functions?they have heaps of make up on their face.it is the legacy of muslim rulers.i have never seen any hindu woman doing any make up apart from powder or fair and lovely.i donno abt north india but in south hindu women dont do make up where as muslims do(ofcourse now a days some upper middle class girls are doing make up

Hmm... didn't really pay much attention to this before but yes, Muslim women do tend to put more make up than the average Non-muslim woman. I am sure there are exceptions though.

Why is that ?

Depends in which way u look at them. Military wise Zaheer Ud Deen Babar was best the way he had beaten Ibrahim Lodhi was just great.

Unity wise Akbar was best was he was able to unite the entire SA.

Regarding the prosperity/ better living standards and true Greatness Aurangzeb Alamgir was the best of them all.

Greatest Mughal - Babur

Greatest central asian conqueror mahmud of ghazni :smitten:

He led Mughal Empire to its demise. Akbar by far was the strongest. Pakistanis love Aurangzeb because he killed a huge number of Hindus something that gives Pakistanis an orgasm..

aurangzeb never killed hindus. his policies did.

Intresting point to note is Akbar when started his rule he was only 13 years old.

Nou (Nine) Ratan (Intellectuals ) were played key role in his success.

The Mughal ruler Akbar, despite his illiteracy, was a great lover of the artists and intellectuals. His passion for knowledge and interest in learning from great minds led him to attract men of genius to his court, known as the nine courtiers of King Akbar or Navratnas.

* Abul Fazl (1551-1602) was the chronicler of Akbar’s rule. He authored the biographical Akbarnama. Abul Fazl documented the history meticulously, over seven years, in three volumes, the third volume is known as the Ain-i-Akbari and a Persian translation of the Bible.[1] He was also the brother of Faizi, the poet laureate of emperor Akbar.

* Faizi (1547-1595) was Abul Fazl’s brother. He was a poet who composed beautiful poetry father was Mubarak Nagori, a scholar in the philosophy and literature of Greece as well as in Islamic theology.

* Miyan Tansen was a singer for King Akbar, born as Tanna Mishra, a Hindu, in 1520, he was a poet himself. He learnt music from Swami Haridas and later from Hazrat Muhammad Ghaus. He was a court musician with the prince of Mewar and later was recruited by Akbar as his court musician. Tansen became a legendary name in India and was the composer of many classical ragas. He was an extraordinarily gifted vocalist, known for a large number of compositions, and also an instrumentalist who popularized and improved the rabab (of Central Asian origin). He was buried in Gwalior, where a tomb has been constructed for him. It is unclear if Tansen converted to Islam.

* Raja Birbal (1528-1583) was a poor Hindu Brahmin who was appointed to the court of Akbar for his intelligence, and became the court jester. Born by the name Maheshdas, he was conferred the name Raja Birbal by the Emperor. Birbal's duties in Akbar's court were mostly military and administrative but he was also a very close friend of the emperor, who liked Birbal most for his wit and humor. There are many witty stories of exchanges and interactions between the monarch and his minister that are popular today. Birbal was also a poet and his collections under the pen name "Brahma” are preserved in Bharatpur Museum. Raja Birbal died in battle, attempting to quell unrest amongst Afghani tribes in Northwest India.

* Raja Todar Mal was Akbar’s finance minister, who from 1560 onwards overhauled the revenue system in the kingdom. He introduced standard weights and measurements, revenue districts and officers. His systematic approach to revenue collection became a model for the future Mughals as well as the British. Raja Todar Mal was also a warrior who assisted Akbar in controlling the Afghan rebels in Bengal. Todar Mal had developed his expertise in Sher Shah's employment. In 1582, Akbar bestowed on the raja the title Diwan-I-Ashraf.

* Raja Man Singh, was the Kacchwaha Rajah of Amber, a state later known as Jaipur. He was a trusted general in Akbar's army and was the grandson of Akbar’s father-in-law. His family had been inducted into Mughal hierarchy as amirs (nobles). Raja Man Singh was the formost ablest among Akbar's military commanders and assisted Akbar in many fronts including holding off advancing Hakim (Akbar’s half-brother, a governor of Kabul) in Lahore. He was also the Mughal viceroy of Afghanistan, led campaigns in Bihar, Orissa, Deccan and was also the viceroy of Bengal.

* Abdul Rahim Khan-I-Khana, a poet was the son of Akbar’s trusted protector and caretaker when he was a teenager, Bairam Khan. After Bairam Khan was murdered treacherously, his wife became the second wife of Akbar. He is most known for his Hindi couplets and his books on Astrology.[2] The village of Khankhana, named after him, is located in the Nawanshahr district of the state of Punjab in northwest India.

* Fakir Aziao-Din who was a mystic, and an advisor. Akbar regarded his advice in high esteem.

* Mullah Do Piaza, an advisor to Akbar who was known for his intelligence.

Our leaders should learn lesson from Akbar's strategy of novratan

I have a copy of ‘A’een e Akbari’ written originally in Persian by Abul Fazl and translated in Urdu by Mohammed Fida Ali. It comprises of two parts; first describes the State & Administration and the second deals mostly with the geography & culture of Hindustan.

In the first part there is a section which lists all the Mansabdars or ‘Grandees’ of the empire. Highest rank is ‘Deh hazaari’ that is officer of the ten thousand. This being the crown prince Saleem. There is also only one ‘Haft hazaari’ or officer of the seven thousand which is prince Danial, son of the Emperor.

Of the traditional 9 jewels, Khan e khanaan & Raja Maan Singh were Panj hazaari (officer of the 5,000) which is the 3rd highest rank. Both of them were also the highest ranked military officers of the Empire. Khane Khanaan also listed as one of the 8 grandees who represented the Emperor (Wakeel).

Raja Todarmal Khatri was a ‘Char hazaari’ that is officer of 4 thousand and also one of the 10 Ministers. Abul Fazl held the rank of 2,500, Raja Birbal was officer of 2 thousand, Faizi is mentioned as officer of the 4 hundred. Mian Tansen is listed as a musician with the note “No one of his calibre has been born in the last 1000 years”

List of ‘Danish Andozaan’ or the wisemen does not include either Fakir Aziuddin or Mulla do piaza. It is difficult to imagine that a book that lists all officers of the empire down to the rank of 200 makes no mention of either Fakir Aziuddin or Mulla Do Piaza when both were supposed be members of the inner circle of the Emperor. Either these names are made up or their real names were different.

It is possible that Mulla Abdul Qadir Badauni who is listed as one of the sages could be the real Mulla do piaza. But I am doubtful about Fakir Aziuddin. Sheikh Ibrahim, brother to Sheikh Saleem of Sikri is however listed as a mansabdar of 2,000 rank.

Humility ? You can't judge a man's humility by looking at his grave. You judge it by looking at his behavior with those beneath him when he was in a position of power over them. And the less said about Aurangzeb in that respect, the better. His treatment of his subjects particularly non-muslims is famous.

Hmm... didn't really pay much attention to this before but yes, Muslim women do tend to put more make up than the average Non-muslim woman. I am sure there are exceptions though.

Why is that ?

No mate i know he was cruel . but in his latter life he did become very pious, and when you see the tombs created for other emperors and you see his it does strike a cord.

Very few kings construct their own tombs; Taj Mahal is an exception. Besides, it was originally meant for the emperor’s wife.

Kings tombs are constructed by their sons. Therefore one cannot guess a kings character or his grandeur from the size of his tomb. Instead size of the king’s mausoleum is a reflection of the power of his immediate successor.

I have had the opportunity to visit Baghe Babur near Kabul where Babur is buried as well as tombs of Humayun, Akbar, Jahangir & Shahjehan (the Taj). Babur’s tomb is the simplest of the lot mainly because Humayun was almost a pauper when Babur’s body was brought from Agra for burial in Kabul. The tomb was later embellished by Jehangir & Shahjehan.

It is rumoured that Aurangzeb himself arranged the building of his final resting place; not so sure if it is true. What is true is that by that time Moghal empire was virtually bankrupt due to couple of decades of continuous fighting with the Marathas and Aurangzeb’s son Muazzam alias Bahadur Shah had neither the money nor the energy to order a grand tomb for his father. Besides, the area soon became independent under the Nizams and it is they who built the current tomb.

Therefore size of Aurangzeb's tomb has no bearing on his piety or his magnificence.

It seems you have never met Muslims, you even admit that did not know about Muslims until you came on the forums reveals plenty that you have been living in a cave.

No offense, the first place to visit Indian muslims would be Gujrat, then Kashmir, then Hyderabad, then Utter Pardesh, then Mumbai...to see the condition of "Indian muslims"

I thought "ignorance is bliss" comment no longer applies...but man am i wrong!!

You are wrong..The biggest Muslim billionaire entrepreneur in South Asia is Azim Premji...who is from India..I guess U ignored that...Please understand that India is extremes...There are the Super riches and poorer in ever religion...Why are you only talking about conditions of Muslims? what about other religions?? u don't care??...Well that's the difference between us Indians and you...We are INDIANS FIRST...then every thing else comes next...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom