What's new

Grandma prays for Obama to embrace Islam

CaPtAiN_pLaNeT

Reaction score
Grandma prays for Obama to embrace Islam

Grandma prays for Obama to embrace Islam - Arab News

By ARAB NEWS

Published: Nov 26, 2010 00:23 Updated: Nov 26, 2010 17:37

RIYADH: The Kenyan grandmother of US President Barack Obama who was on Haj pilgrimage to Makkah has said that she prayed for the American leader to convert to Islam, a newspaper said on Thursday.

"I prayed for my grandson Barack to convert to Islam," said Haja Sarah Omar, 88, in an interview with Al-Watan daily held in Jeddah after she had performed Haj.

The paper said that Haja Omar was in Saudi Arabia on pilgrimage along with her son, Obama's uncle Saeed Hussein Obama, and four of her grandchildren as guests of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques.

Haja Omar told the newspaper that she could only discuss Haj matters and would not comment on Obama's politics.

"I was very much delighted as I recollected what my teacher at the primary school used to tell us about Makkah and Madinah while we were children," Haja Omar, who hails from Koglilu village in western Kenya said.

However, when asked about her expectations about Obama winning a second term to the White House, Haja chuckled with a side glance at her son Saeed Obama and grandchildren, "Allah alone knows, it is a matter of the unknown future."

The grandmother also prayed for the quick relief of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah, adding that he is a kind king.

Prince Mamdouh hosted a dinner in honor of the Haja, her sons and grandchildren at his palace in Jeddah on Wednesday.

Faisal Ambuya, one of Obama' cousins, who embraced Islam at the hands of the Haja said, "My grandmother is very much interested in calling non-Muslims to Islam and I learned about Islam from her."

"When I will return to my village I will tell the villagers about the strength of Islam," she said.

Obama's uncle Saeed said he never thought he would be able to perform Haj this year. "I am very much delighted because I could perform the pilgrimage. I thank Allah and then King Abdullah for hosting us in the Haj."

Musa Ismail, son of Obama's maternal aunt, who acted as both spokesman and translator for the family, said he was a student at the Madinah Islamic University and felt that spiritually he belonged to Saudi Arabia.

The chances of him converting are less now that she has gone public she just made a huge mistake. Plus King Abdullah is only treated good by the US cause he's got oil, otherwise the US would have overthrown him already.

this might just be a publicity stunt on behalf of the "king"

Well his father and that side of the family never looked after Obama when he was a kid..his mother's family brought him up so what right do they have on him now?

Well his father and that side of the family never looked after Obama when he was a kid..his mother's family brought him up so what right do they have on him now?

She just prayed thats it.... do not take it otherwise... but Obama still have kept his father root...

The chances of him converting are less now that she has gone public she just made a huge mistake. Plus King Abdullah is only treated good by the US cause he's got oil, otherwise the US would have overthrown him already.

this might just be a publicity stunt on behalf of the "king"

She already got publicity when she performed the hajj as a royal guest of King Abdullah... but the thing is that the loonies and republicans in the USA will try to spin this fact... that Obama is a muslim...

She just prayed thats it.... do not take it otherwise... but Obama still have kept his father root...

What root of the man who abandoned him as a kid?..he is a big man if he even looks in that direction of his family tree.

You can't be Muslim or Hindu in US and make it big in politics thats why so many Indo-americans have converted like Bobby jindal to be Christian.

Last edited:
You can't be Muslim or Hindu in US and make it big in politcis thats why so many Indo-americans have converted like Bobby jindal to be Christian.

It only implies that the mask of democracy freedom of expression and religion all are from outside... but religion still a matter and all the right wing loonies and republicans want to turn usa in to a christian theocratic state...

She already got publicity when she performed the hajj as a royal guest of King Abdullah... but the thing is that the loonies and republicans in the USA will try to spin this fact... that Obama is a muslim...

Then let him openly say so. The day he does that.............aha...just wait and see

i read this story yesterday ,obama is not a muslim end of story, he is freemason illuminati thats the group he belongs in.

Back
Top Bottom