What's new

Govt to upgrade armed forces: Defence Minister

ironman

Reaction score
Country
India

Updated at: 1855 PST, Tuesday, July 07, 2009
ISLAMABAD: Chief of Naval Staff, Admiral Noman Bashir on Tuesday called on Minister for Defence Chaudary Ahmad Mukthar.He remained for some time with the Minister, and discussed the operational preparations and professional uplift of Pakistan Navy.

The Minister for Defence reiterated government’s resolve to strengthen and upgrade its Armed Forces.

He assured the Naval Chief that the government was aware of current developments in the region and would fulfill all the professional requirements of the Pakistan Navy to make it a strengthened and professionally sound force.

The Minister lauded the professional capabilities of Naval Chief, and expressed the hope that under his able command Pakistan Navy would emerge as a superior force to meet any challenge.

The government is focusing on modernizing Pakistan Navy, which is imperative in the wake of international war against terror and protection of maritime frontier of the country, the Minister maintained.

Admiral Noman Bashir apprized the Minister of operational preparations of Pakistan Navy and expressed a resolve that Pakistan Navy is well-prepared to meet any internal or external challenge.

well what happened to the Army?

I have not been hearing any new procurements by the Army since 2004. Only small equipments are going to be bought from foreign countries and we are only focusing on Air Force and little bit about navy now

Is it because we can fullfil our requirements indeginiously now? I don't think so

Or is it because we have very limited funds available and a large potion of the funds being spend on the Air force and some at the navy?

Or am i wrong and neglecting the procurements made by Army recently (excluding the helicopters)

govt have to do this...because without strong defencsive force...advance rivals will them n us out....but that aint happening;)

well what happened to the Army?

I have not been hearing any new procurements by the Army since 2004. Only small equipments are going to be bought from foreign countries and we are only focusing on Air Force and little bit about navy now

Is it because we can fullfil our requirements indeginiously now? I don't think so

Or is it because we have very limited funds available and a large potion of the funds being spend on the Air force and some at the navy?

Or am i wrong and neglecting the procurements made by Army recently (excluding the helicopters)

Wat happend to the army is that it has been being feed since day one lol then the airforce which it self has been not been feed since years and years now finally its getting somthing ! furthermore, the navy has always lacked back in ever direction i know this first hand my father severd proudly in the PN for 20 years plus then PNSC it is the navies turn as well so i wish them all the best ! :agree::pakistan:

Last edited:
Actually, before 1956 the Order of Precedence of Pakistan Armed Forces was Navy, Army, Air force. Just before the promulgation of 1956 constitution the Order of Precedence was changed to Army, Navy, Air Force.
Therefore Army has been getting the lion's share while PAF and PN were relatively neglected. Now at last PAF and PN got some attention they required for a long time.

yes sure we should giv sum attention to PAF and PN.they are really weak compared to the other countries.our armed forces shud be better or at least on the parrallel with the indian.we shud aquire more and better SAM systems,more frigates and destroyers,nad new fighter jets.PAF at the moment does not even operate a single 4.5 generation aircraft.try to buy more and if possible also look for a TOT.

I don't think there are any plans even drafted to upgrade army!
What we see is attempts to weaken, demorlise and instigate resent in all the branches of armed forces.
Is Zardari going to buy more defence equipment than Musharraf?
What can be clearly seen is govt. ministers are encashing the sacrifices of army.
Musharraf has appreciated the armed forces before PM did in customary fashion.
Friendly opposition have no even said a single word to appreciate the army's sacrifice.
Finally, all these hypocrites will rott in hell.

I don't think there are any plans even drafted to upgrade army!
What we see is attempts to weaken, demorlise and instigate resent in all the branches of armed forces.
Is Zardari going to buy more defence equipment than Musharraf?
What can be clearly seen is govt. ministers are encashing the sacrifices of army.
Musharraf has appreciated the armed forces before PM did in customary fashion.
Friendly opposition have no even said a single word to appreciate the army's sacrifice.
Finally, all these hypocrites will rott in hell.

thier poliotics, is always bashing militry, how come they can see, militry going STRONG!:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom