What's new

Govt ready for unconditional, meaningful dialogue with PTI: Ishaq Dar!

DUDE, my Nana was a 16th grade military officer and worked as an auditor when Dhaka fell to Bengali-Indian hands. He was among those 90,000 West Pakistanis POW that were later released by India and Bangladesh. Get real!
55000 i think
and dude my Dada was Lt Gen at that time, so please he knew people and he told me a lot

so govt will find an excuse to waste more time,interesting,we wont learn anything from our past

so all these protests against the government, with harassments and one person being killed, is just to keep the government in power so as to keep marshal law out??

then they are not thinking clearly... but there is musharraf, a former army man who will have support of the army... i still am not clear on the position of his party, pml-q, on these protests.

isn't fatima bhutto independent of ppp??

PPP and PMLN have been taking turns. If the current ways continue, next is going to be PPP regardless of voter choice and then PMLN and so on. Opposition is just playing its role as the word means, all of them agree that it were not fair elections even some in PMLN agree to that. But they try scare people by using marshal law/ void / chaos created by no govt in power etc. In short they are scared sh!tless and clinging to this power because if even once reality comes out, PMLN is basically dead politically so is Nawaz's means of income for his own businesses.

PPP and PMLN have been taking turns. If the current ways continue, next is going to be PPP regardless of voter choice and then PMLN and so on. Opposition is just playing its role as the word means, all of them agree that it were not fair elections even some in PMLN agree to that.

good analysis... and is @genmirajborgza786 the only ppp supporter/activist on pdf?? let us ask him views on this... though ppp is not so internationally visible in these protests, however superficial these protests are.

@genmirajborgza786 what are your views on fatima bhutto leading a new faction of ppp or creating a unity group with pml-q??

because if even once reality comes out, PMLN is basically dead politically so is Nawaz's means of income for his own businesses.

is the punjabi rural-side and mma ( existing?? ) the only support base left for nawaz sharif?? i don't know about this aspect.

55000 i think
and dude my Dada was Lt Gen at that time, so please he knew people and he told me a lot

45,000 civilians were taken prisoner by the Indians.
45,000 Army employees total were taken prisoner by the Indians.
Of these 26, 400 were armed uniformed fighting men under the command of Lt-Gen. Niazi.

good analysis... and is @genmirajborgza786 the only ppp supporter/activist on pdf?? let us ask him views on this... though ppp is not so internationally visible in these protests, however superficial these protests are.

@genmirajborgza786 what are your views on fatima bhutto leading a new faction of ppp or creating a unity group with pml-q??

is the punjabi rural-side and mma ( existing?? ) the only support base left for nawaz sharif?? i don't know about this aspect.
my views on Fatimah Bhutto is that she needs times , PPP needs a revamping with inputs from, the new generation my views of Zardari is not very good, as for PML (Q) its a establishments party & I hate it, because my political believes are through & through democratic & is heavily tilted to the left of the spectrum, my views on the protest by PTI is not very favourable as it looks like they have the support of the Army,make no mistake I support accountability but what I detest is one sided accountability, to me accountability means that "Both" politicians & generals be held accountable for their misdeeds, why only target the politicians alone, & Not the Army ,that my friend is double standards & that where I differ from the PTI , my problem with PTI is its collaboration with the Holier Than Thou Establishment , to me its like a military rule in a civilian get up ! Sorry I cant Support that, as I have said earlier I believe in civilian supremacy & the principle's & ethos of Democracy had PTI not been a pro-establishment party, then I would have supported it , I have supported it in the 2013 elections, but after I smelled khaki of their shoulders, I stopped then & there , that's a no go area for me. I am a normal Pakistani with interest in geo-politics like many Indians here, the Indians here, are great military enthusiast but still they support democracy , I am the Pakistani version of that, do you know that besides being much more stronger as when compared to Pakistan, the Indian military is one of weakest militaries politically , they are completely subservient to the civilian authority, I want the same for Pakistan , because I know that a subservient Army is always stronger then a politically powerful Army , & being a patriotic Pakistani how can I want a catastrophic development like that for my country, whereby the Army becomes politically powerful, as I know its destroys the Army itself along with all the institution's of a state machinery , my ethos are democratic because in it lies the success of a nation , it is not the best system, but it is surely one that works

Last edited:
45,000 civilians were taken prisoner by the Indians.
45,000 Army employees total were taken prisoner by the Indians.
Of these 26, 400 were armed uniformed fighting men under the command of Lt-Gen. Niazi.
Lt gen A.A.K Niazi brings the total at 55000 or maybe i read it wrong

Back
Top Bottom