What's new

Govt decides to launch operation in North Waziristan

Patriots

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The recent terrorist attacks on security forces and national installations came under discussion.

ISLAMABAD (Dunya News) - The meeting of the Cabinet Committee on National Security (CCNS), chaired by Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, held on Tuesday at PM House.

According to the sources, the meeting decided to launch operation in North Waziristan.

The meeting was announced shortly after terrorists attacked Karachi airport in an assault that left 29 dead.

Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan, Chief of the Army Staff General Raheel Sharif, Chief of the General Staff General Ashfaq Nadeem, Advisor on Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz and Special Assistant to the Prime Minister Tariq Fatemi also attended the meeting.

The internal security and Pak-Afghan border situation came under detailed review while a decision was made to strengthen the mechanism for intelligence sharing.

CCNS's meeting: Govt decides to launch operation in North Waziristan | Pakistan | Dunya News

good ..... this time dont let them flee to Afghanistan .. and keep check on those who try to pretend to be innocent and want to move to different cities ... its time to start a operation in Karachi as well ... enough is enough yaar

How quickly can we have boots on ground? How will we secure border?

I want a no mans land set up on Afghanistans side of the border with if a person does not declare its shoot on sight.

Drone coverage 24/7 for the first 9 months with NATO manning Afghanistan side and Pak UAVs over FATA.

We should also think of placing some form of a wall completely covered in barb wire and electric wires in key hotspots. Its very important we narrow the scope of infiltration as much as possible. I hope the army has prepared a list of hotspots.

When can Pak armed drones come online?

How quickly can we have boots on ground? How will we secure border?

I want a no mans land set up on Afghanistans side of the border with if a person does not declare its shoot on sight.

Drone coverage 24/7 for the first 9 months with NATO manning Afghanistan side and Pak UAVs over FATA.

We should also think of placing some form of a wall completely covered in barb wire and electric wires in key hotspots. Its very important we narrow the scope of infiltration as much as possible. I hope the army has prepared a list of hotspots.

When can Pak armed drones come online?
Well, aren't you an arm-chair general. how cute <3

----

But seriously, the peace talks did exactly what Nawaz needed, now he has the public backing and the political will to launch an operation. I'm not surprised by this news...if true.

Back
Top Bottom