What's new

Govt constitutes investigation committee to probe Dawn Leaks

Kiyani and Zardari Era is known to everyone that he was more of concerned to cigar than Pakistan hence Zardari was lucky that ruled instead be hanged.

Lets hope and see...tht in the end result.....of this case....whether current military leadership, under General Raheel Sharif proves to be different from Gen Kiyani.....or not?

ISLAMABAD

- Following the approval of the Prime Minister, the Ministry of Interior has notified a seven-member inquiry committee under the head of Justice (retd) Aamir Raza Khan to look into the matter of probing the false and fabricated news about the high-level security meeting on the National Action Plan.
The appointment of Justice (retd) Aamir Raza Khan as inquiry committee head was seen with suspicion by some lawyers as well as some political parties for his alleged leaning towards the PML-N.

The inquiry committee under his head comprises Provincial Ombudsman Najam Saeed, Secretary Establishment Syed Tahir Shahbaz, Director FIA Punjab Usman Anwar and one representative each from Military Intelligence, Inter-Services Intelligence and Intelligence Bureau.

It is worth mentioning here that according to the Prime Minister’s Office order of October 29 it was said that the committee comprising senior officials of ISI, MI and IB would conduct inquiry into the information leak of the high-level meeting held under the chair of Prime Minister and the government had already removed the Information Minister from his post for negligence in the matter.

PTI spokesman Naeemul Haq had come up with strong-worded reaction to the composition of the inquiry committee and asked the Chief Justice of Pakistan to take suo moto notice of the matter.

He further questioned that how the Prime Minister, who himself was part of the meeting from where the false information was planted on an English newspaper reporter, could constitute a committee to probe the matter and said that instead the Chief Justice of Pakistan should announce such a committee and its chairman to fulfil the requirement of justice.

Justice (retd) Aamir Raza Khan is currently working on the slot of Chairman Board of Commissioner in Punjab Healthcare Commission and was said to have decades old relations with Sharif family.

A source in the government confirmed to The Nation that his daughter Dr. Tasneem Raza is working in the Sharif Medical Complex Raiwind as vice-principal while his brother-in-law Anwar Zahid is Member of National Assembly on PML-N ticket.

Justice (R) Aamir Raza had served as Judge of Lahore High Court from 1979 to 1981 in the regime of former dictator General Zia-ul-Haq and some senior lawyers were of the view that due to his old age and poor health he could not effectively dispense the duties reposed in him.

Meanwhile, no timeline for completion of the inquiry was given in the directives of the Interior Ministry but some insiders said that the committee would itself define the timeline and modus operandi to reach some conclusion.

A senior lawyer commenting on Justice (retd) Aamir Raza said that the appointment had landed the inquiry committee into controversy even before its formal installation and suspected that the matter would surely be challenged in the court of law for solid reasons.

http://nation.com.pk/national/08-Nov-2016/nawaz-forms-7-member-body-to-probe-leaked-news

Last edited:
I think we have a habit of sensationalizing and twisting everything to fit our own agendas, be that political, social or just sensationalism

Don't you think the presence of 1 member from ISI, IB, MI in itself is quite substantial and would act as eyes and ears of military establishment in the matter and the head might just be reduced to a puppet figure, which probably he will be.

IMG-20141221-WA0031.jpg

I think we have a habit of sensationalizing and twisting everything to fit our own agendas, be that political, social or just sensationalism

Don't you think the presence of 1 member from ISI, IB, MI in itself is quite substantial and would act as eyes and ears of military establishment in the matter and the head might just be reduced to a puppet figure, which probably he will be.

i concur with you, definitely presence of members of intelligence agencies is substantial but this committee will put their investigative report in front of his highness NS whose daughter is involved in this case. That's what i find strange. I don't think so the other members of committee will give report against Shareef family but that's just my opinion !!

Note: The head, Justice(r) Amir was a nominee by PMLN for care take CM of Punjab in 2013.
Plus
Justice (R) Aamir Raza A Khan's wife, Nousheen Raza is the vice Principal of Shareef Medical City.

Plus,
his brother-in-law Anwar Zahid is Member of National Assembly on PML-N ticket.
in short NS appointed a 'friend' to probe newsgate, well played Mian sahab well played !!

For those calling it a mitti pao commission, would such commission be formed in the first place without military being on board?
Yes if the findings turn out to against someone's wishes then such commission be called a mitti pao commission.

i concur with you, definitely presence of members of intelligence agencies is substantial but this committee will put their investigative report in front of his highness NS whose daughter is involved in this case. That's what i find strange. I don't think so the other members of committee will give report against Shareef family but that's just my opinion !!
This unfortunately is need of the 'system'. Or, this is how diplomatic or political machinery operates. But the wedges in the shape of intelligence officials would certainly mean this is not a usual time-wasting committee

Army is treading very carefully not to be seen as someone sabotaging the political setup. This precisely is the reason why they have let PM choose the person of their choice as the head and PM has yet again proven that he has more to hide than to show by not appointing a neutral figure

they are trying hard to save the cow but whats wrong with army ? Why aren't they arresting anyone ? Another nro or punjabi punjabi bhai bhai ?
Achi image ni ban rahi army ki specially in the southern provinces . ppp goons were right abhi is ki jaga koi non punjabi hota to latak chuka hota.

@bold... All they have is, silence... Gen Raheel Sharif is retiring at the end of this month.... I think..the committee might give its clean chit/matti pao verdict even before his retirement..and then everyone lives happily ever after... People were saying tht i am being cynical and whatnot.. Now tell me, after the constituition of this committee... Isnt it what i said earlier? Matti pao/NRO... We are fooled by everyone...

I won't say anything what will happen but I wonder then how these ghairatwalas, honorable, dignified, respectable people who took oath of safeguarding the country from both internal and external threats will be able to live and contain the screams of their conscience? if they let this happen.

After all, they have been making big claims and statements over the years.
I hope that will not be case and they will not compromise on the national security.

TBH, I will wait for enquiry to be concluded that verdict and findings are not out yet so there are certain things during enquiry proceedings will be asked to the suspects and then it will be concluded. There is no way that it is going to be like air int hot balloon. Let's wait for the conclusion that no matter what Government appoints and who as after all, on other hand, agencies does hold the detail of telephonic conversations as well as other evidences so even if PMLn house play something offensive or misleading, I am sure wouldn't go unchecked or unproven.

Yes, the head of committee etc could be in relations in close quarters of Government but it seems like, at-least let the process begun and come to conclusion that we would have a chance to curse the parties involved either from this side or another and if something, what you suspect happened, I am sure subjected party would be aware of what going to hit them next. Also, what if I am like waiting for them to commit a suicidal mistake as after all, I still have my cards in my hands that I know when to play so none can runaway like this. Let the enquiry be completed with a meaningful smile on other side of the table. You know what, such matters are like Now or Never in these days so the first question arises either we trust the institution(s) or not so if the answer is yes, no worries at all but when we do not trust the institution then no matter what, we will still hold grievances due to the results against our wish and whim.

Many factors are into play, so let see as there are more intelligent minds handling the matters as well as are aware about the aftermath in any case, rather us here.

Plus,
his brother-in-law Anwar Zahid is Member of National Assembly on PML-N ticket.
in short NS appointed a 'friend' to probe newsgate, well played Mian sahab well played !!

they are trying hard to save the cow but whats wrong with army ? Why aren't they arresting anyone ? Another nro or punjabi punjabi bhai bhai ?
Achi image ni ban rahi army ki specially in the southern provinces . ppp goons were right abhi is ki jaga koi non punjabi hota to latak chuka hota.

Untill there are Raheels/Kayanis/COAS who secretly meet CM of Punjab, nothing will happen.

Several times in May
http://dailytimes.com.pk/islamabad/...hahbaz-in-intense-backchannel-talks-with-coas

http://www.suchtv.pk/pakistan/gener...ecret-meeting-with-general-raheel-sharif.html

This was declared public after tv channels talked about it
http://www.samaa.tv/pakistan/2016/0...g-with-coas-was-not-secret-interior-ministry/

http://www.sochnews.tv/2016/05/brea...-raheel-sharif-shahbaz-sharif-secret-meeting/

This one happend in Lahore in September at residence of COAS
http://www.tajzia.pk/2016/09/18/shehbaz-sharif-secret-meeting-army-chief-raheel-sharif/

Lets hope and see...tht in the end result.....of this case....whether current military leadership, under General Raheel Sharif proves to be different from Gen Kiyani.....or not?

The institution is totally transformed, implementing the SOP in its true letter & spirit, hence, under less of such political impression that we see through many of the past stands as well as many decision yet far better than previous workings. Let's hope for the best.

Back
Top Bottom