What's new

Google is your best friend..... and enemy?

Just crossed 40 this year so we’re in the old group haha.
Dealing with some health issues due to pfizer jabs. Spent few months away from work, no pay
Now about to resume work soon as the doc hands over the forms

The main point, stay focused, stay intact(give priority to your family, wife n kids if u hav), and just keep at it. Remember everything else fades but family gonna be there by your side(specially kids n wife).
Keep at it, take shit if necessary, and do meditation/yoga or brisk walks…..walking is best.
Get a medical checkup to see all is well in blood/urine etc if ya can.
Hopefully your health is great. The last 2 yrs been a writeoff due to shit of the pandemic/lockdowns……we all stressed from it.
Use google/tech only as a helping tool, be wise and always use common sense.

As my teacher always says:
Never ever willingly suspend your disbelief

I think the key is to indulge in small doses. When it goes on for too long, it becomes an escape instead of a solution. When you come back after that holiday, that long bike trip, that long sabbatical, your problems will still be waiting for you at your doorstep, if all you did was escape from them.

If I break this into tiny fragments, it means that indulgence should ideally be part of your every day life, omnipresent to the extent that it is barely noticeable, but its absence means something is amiss. That is perhaps the basis of the philosophy that you should do what you love, and you won't have to work another day of your life. But I find this incompatible with the constitution, abilities and aspirations of the common man. Most people cannot do what they love, and must consign themselves to a life of compromise. In the end, it is the battle with compromise that one must deal with, conquer and come out on top. Those who can do it, are undoubtedly more at peace.

Right you are.

Life is to live, whatever worth it is. Too much speculations and transcendental interpretations spoils it. Many people, who indulged in it, failed to live a comfortable life. At the end, it is all vacuum.

"Aalam tamaam halqa e daam e khayaal hae"
(Ghalib)

I think the key is to indulge in small doses. When it goes on for too long, it becomes an escape instead of a solution. When you come back after that holiday, that long bike trip, that long sabbatical, your problems will still be waiting for you at your doorstep, if all you did was escape from them.

If I break this into tiny fragments, it means that indulgence should ideally be part of your every day life, omnipresent to the extent that it is barely noticeable, but its absence means something is amiss. That is perhaps the basis of the philosophy that you should do what you love, and you won't have to work another day of your life. But I find this incompatible with the constitution, abilities and aspirations of the common man. Most people cannot do what they love, and must consign themselves to a life of compromise. In the end, it is the battle with compromise that one must deal with, conquer and come out on top. Those who can do it, are undoubtedly more at peace.
Everyone makes compromises to "do what they love", painful ones often.

One should do whatever they can within whatever means they may have at their disposal, so many "poor" people lead such "richer" lives than grindmaster CEOs and such.. basics sorted, then on it's really not about the money.

Koi waiter hai, serving a CEO in some nice hillstation, mountain views.. mast..

serving a CEO, living in the best suite, but constantly on one conference call to another, to hosting meetings, to be surrounded by people 24/7

waiter serve kar ke jaata hai, cigarette lagata hai, enjoys the view.. CEO barely even notices the scenery, uskay 24/7 paseenay nikal rahe making deals.

who here is "better off" ?

^of course, major simplifications and dramatic effect were added, but.. socho, something to nibble at maybe ?

Any 40 something members here? Oldies by todays standards? Dealing with mid life crisis?

Like most people who grew into the internet in their adult life (unlike those who were born into it), I have to admit I have found answers to many mundane things on Google.

Yet, as practitioners of SEO will know, you can find virtually anything to contradict or confirm your opinion on Google. Type 'Do I have symptoms of lunacy' on Google. and it will turn out that you are a lunatic. Vice versa if you search for symptoms of high IQ behaviour. Online information conditions you into believing that a certain way of life is the correct (or most common) way of life, and paradoxically, even that completely deviant behaviour is normal. The tussle between these polar opposites tears you apart, especially when you are at a stage in life when you are highly perceptible, having cut through a lot of bull shit. Extreme opinions are very tantalizing at this age. Google or no Google.

But at heart you just want to tell every other person to shut the **** up and mind his own business. It is not easy. A part of me says that I should sprint 5 kms every morning, another part says to show the middle finger. A part of me says that life begins at 40, another part says that my best years are behind me and I should settle for a life of compromise.

Any wise minds here who are going through similar "asmanjas" (conundrum) in life?

@SIPRA @waz @peagle @-=virus=- @Maula Jatt @lastofthepatriots @_NOBODY_ @N.Siddiqui @MH.Yang @Indos @VkdIndian @KedarT @Black Tornado @hembo @villageidiot @StraightEdge

Except for @SIPRA paaji I don't know how old the rest of you are, so maybe this is completely out of place for most of you.

This really made me laugh, because my brain blew up from all the memories that came flooding back, and I might just have to blame you for restarting my midlife crises that I think I had forgotten.
I try not to share details that typecasts a person, too many feeble minds here who pick on things across threads, rather arguing/discussing the topic. I'll just share a bunch of thoughts, let's see what comes out.

Yup, midlife crises is definitely real, coloured my hair for couple of years after turning 40 but as I approach 50 and enjoying my grey, my grey has started to leave me one by one, man that hurts lol. My biggest regret is not travelling enough, although I've manage to visit my share of countries and cities, but there's plenty of life left yet.

Internet via a modem was so damn hard, just as the action got real, buffering would happen right at the moment my favourite pournn scene was about to start lol, now lets be honest there isn't a man alive with access to internet who hasn't. Recently, even the pope was admonishing his Bishops and Nuns on this topic :rofl:

I remember one of my habits was I would save webpages, in-case the information would disappear or I couldn't find it again, I had folders on different topics full of saved webpages that I usually did not read again but were saved for my reference, sounds silly now but it felt good at the time. The information age certainly has created lots of good memories for me, my first independent holiday was a flight I had purchased via the teletext service on TV, did an IQ test with reasonable scores that made me happy, although I can't spell without a spellcheck these days lol, it feels like we are becoming dumber by the day.

On the whole, I find the world is a far far better place then at any point in history. Less poverty, less wars, although it may not seem that way, but in actuality there are less wars, less of everything from I can see, the only sad part is there's also less intelligence around, people seem set in their thinking rather then being open to ideas, I can understand why that is, but that is what truly makes me sad at my age.

Last edited:
Facebook knows where you've been,Youtube knows what you like and Google knows what you think.

And all these three are connected.
That's actually bad, isn't it? With them around us, our home businesses like TV networks etc will have tougher time to expand themselves. Because they can't compete against google.

Yes, we are. That is what I believe. Because, our existence is not real, but virtual and dreamlike. A transient existence cannot be real.

A fellow Simulation hypothesis believer!

That's actually bad, isn't it? With them around us, our home businesses like TV networks etc will have tougher time to expand themselves. Because they can't compete against google.
I remember when I was younger,there were so many companies both in gaming and in search engines. Now,so many of these companies have been either bought by a few bigger ones or went bankrupt.
Imagine,so much power and influence in the hands of a few companies and people. And these people know almost everything what we watch,search,like. They know where we've been,how many times we use the internet,what political views we have etc.

Back
Top Bottom