What's new

Germany denies russian frigate entry to the "Kieler Woche"

MarkusS

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Italy
The Kieler Woche is one of the largest meetings of ships worldwide. Ships from all over the world meet in the harbor of the city of Kiel and celebrate peace and friendship. Now the russian frigate "Boiky" got no permission to participate at this event.

Kieler Woche: Russische Fregatte kriegt keine Einlauf-Genehmigung - SPIEGEL ONLINE

The german foreign ministry said the "Kieler Woche" stands for friendship between the nations and russia does not show any friendly behavior at all. It is the first time ever that a nation was excluded from this event.

What an important diplomatic action.... lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Kieler Woche is one of the largest meetings of ships worldwide. Ships from all over the world meet in the harbor of the city of Kiel and celebrate peace and friendship. Now the russian frigate "Boiky" got no permission to participate at this event.

Kieler Woche: Russische Fregatte kriegt keine Einlauf-Genehmigung - SPIEGEL ONLINE

The german foreign ministry said the "Kieler Woche" stands for friendship between the nations and russia does not show any friendly behavior at all. It is the first time ever that a nation was excluded from this event.

Putin must be crying at being left out of that Jamboree and the lost chance of the Russian Sailors to visit the 'Reeperbahn'.

"Boiky" is corvette project 20380 and not a frigate.
1920px-Bojkij_-_2013-07-26_12-25-52.JPG

Putin must be crying at being left out of that Jamboree and the lost chance of the Russian Sailors to visit the 'Reeperbahn'.

The Reeperbahn is in Hamburg and not Kiel. Beside that it does hurt Putin. He depends on renomee and the Kieler Woche is the greatest maritime event worldwide each year. What angers me a bit is that i see this as counter productive. It hurts the wrong people. I know that sailors worldwide are happy to go ther, show their ships and meet crews from all over the world. I dont think something like this should be pulled into politics.

The Reeperbahn is in Hamburg and not Kiel. Beside that it does hurt Putin. He depends on renomee and the Kieler Woche is the greatest maritime event worldwide each year. What angers me a bit is that i see this as counter productive. It hurts the wrong people. I know that sailors worldwide are happy to go ther, show their ships and meet crews from all over the world. I dont think something like this should be pulled into politics.

I know very well where the Reeperbahn is :D , just as Kiel is not too far from Hamburg. In any case, Sailors are willing to go very far to just 'get a piece of the action' anyway. Of course; there is the local 'action' in Kiel; but not as colorful as the Reeperbahn.

I know very well where the Reeperbahn is :D , just as Kiel is not too far from Hamburg. In any case, Sailors are willing to go very far to just 'get a piece of the action' anyway. Of course; there is the local 'action' in Kiel; but not as colorful as the Reeperbahn.

nothing is like the reeperbahn ;)

The fkk clubs are the ones that are really gonna miss out. Oh well. When children act like children its best to let them be.

this is germany saying to america: hey we did something to hurt the russians

well though its more of a symbolic message, it does shows the west is united against Russias recent actions in Ukraine.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom