What's new

Germany claims India may sign CTBT

New Delhi: Germany, a member of the Nuclear Suppliers Group, Monday said it was encouraged by signs that India could be willing to sign the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (CTBT) and sought closer cooperation with India in combating terrorism.

Non-proliferation and disarmament were among global issues that were discussed between External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna and his German counterpart Guido Westerwelle.

Germany claims India may sign CTBT

What a wasteful day dreaming.. This is never going to happen with us atleast because of dangerous neighbors around us .. The may will come then june followed by july and it goes on :lol: :lol: :lol:

Talking about no CTBT all these years have not yielded anything yet and nothing on the ground has changed and ever will change.

Even without signing the treaties , we are able to get a deal so unique.

More deals are on the pipe line with a lot coming in.

The world has changed much from testing nukes.

If without signing the treaty we are able to make so much deals, think what we will get once it is signed.

I dont think we are going to test any nukes in future damaging all the good work that has been done and the image that has been build up.

So i am all for the signing, just for a simple reason that ,we signing makes some other non signed members force to sign the treaty too. And its good for the security and its checks the unprecedented piling up of nukes and a regular check on it by international bodies.

Just my 20 paisa.

Talking about no CTBT all these years have not yielded anything yet and nothing on the ground has changed and ever will change.

Even without signing the treaties , we are able to get a deal so unique.

More deals are on the pipe line with a lot coming in.

The world has changed much from testing nukes.

If without signing the treaty we are able to make so much deals, think what we will get once it is signed.

I dont think we are going to test any nukes in future damaging all the good work that has been done and the image that has been build up.

So i am all for the signing, just for a simple reason that ,we signing makes some other non signed members force to sign the treaty too. And its good for the security and its checks the unprecedented piling up of nukes and a regular check on it by international bodies.

Just my 20 paisa.

Benny, you're on the button.
India is playing "yes,no,maybe" on the CTBT issue and will continue doing so for some more time.
As for testing, after a certain stage; it becomes redundant. Most testing is done in labs- hence that big "hoopla" about super-computers and stuff.
When India gets some more "goodies", it may fix a "dhobi-mark".

Just 10 p.

Benny, you're on the button.
India is playing "yes,no,maybe" on the CTBT issue and will continue doing so for some more time.
As for testing, after a certain stage; it becomes redundant. Most testing is done in labs- hence that big "hoopla" about super-computers and stuff.
When India gets some more "goodies", it may fix a "dhobi-mark".

Just 10 p.

Actually i dont see any harm in the signing at this age . But its not easy as any Government agrees to sign will see the opposition grabbing their throats and the "protest party" from W.Bengal and Kerala will cry -appeasement for US.

Only 5p. this time.

Actually i dont see any harm in the signing at this age . But its not easy as any Government agrees to sign will see the opposition grabbing their throats and the "protest party" from W.Bengal and Kerala will cry -appeasement for US.

Only 5p. this time.

Actually, i'm inclined to agree with you. Its the domestic constituency that is upper-most on GoIs mind.
And it does'nt (yet) cause too much harm to string everybody along!

For free!!

Only 5p. this time.

Benny signing CTBT means destroying all nukes India posses as India is not a declared nuclear nation. This rule is not applicable to the countries which are declared nuclear nations and China is one.

Now tell me, you still want India to sign it?

That's a 100 bucks from me!

Can somebody tell me...if at all India signs the treaty, and after some years Pakistan tests a nuclear bomb and if India is forced to test it's nuke and does it,what can be the possible repercussions?

Can somebody tell me...if at all India signs the treaty, and after some years Pakistan tests a nuclear bomb and if India is forced to test it's nuke and does it,what can be the possible repercussions?

That's the fun fact. Then India breaks international law and thus liable to any action taken by UN against her.

See the example of North Korea and Iran.

India should not sign it, especially if it means having to give up their nuclear weapons.

India can already get nuclear reactors from the USA, and can buy as much Uranium as it wants from resource exporting nations. There is no benefit to be gained from signing it.

India should not sign it, especially if it means having to give up their nuclear weapons.

India can already get nuclear reactors from the USA, and can buy as much Uranium as it wants from resource exporting nations. There is no benefit to be gained from signing it.

Benefits are plenty. Even without signing we are getting deals. But with signing we will get the maximum cause a lot of countries has reservations about the non signing factor.

Also it also pressurize other non signed nations to follow the path.

Benefits are plenty. Even without signing we are getting deals. But with signing we will get the maximum cause a lot of countries has reservations about the non signing factor.

Also it also pressurize other non signed nations to follow the path.

Wait, are we talking about the NPT or the CTBT, and does signing it mean that India will need to give up her nuclear weapons?

Benny signing CTBT means destroying all nukes India posses as India is not a declared nuclear nation. This rule is not applicable to the countries which are declared nuclear nations and China is one.

Now tell me, you still want India to sign it?

That's a 100 bucks from me!

Well,, we always have the capability to get an "exception" clause in the treaty for signing. And getting India to sign will be a big boost to International community.

I dont think US or any other nation will ask us to put the nukes in dustbin as the world have acknowledged the threats we have.

Wait, are we talking about the NPT or the CTBT, and does signing it mean that India will need to give up her nuclear weapons?

Hi and welcome,
Its about CTBT (Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty). If India signs, then it will have to give up testing. Its not too much a big deal, and it does not mean giving up nuclear weapons.
As of now, most testing is done in labs via computer simulation. While the tests that do get carried out are in the nature of "sabre-rattling".:cheers:

Well,, we always have the capability to get an "exception" clause in the treaty for signing. And getting India to sign will be a big boost to International community.

I dont think US or any other nation will ask us to put the nukes in dustbin as the world have acknowledged the threats we have.

No the treaty essentially says that, non-declared nuclear states have to give up their nuclear weapons, there is no exception. If there is an exception for India then it won't be CTBT anymore as CTBT probably was penned keeping India in mind. Please read more about history of this treaty.

Note: All permanent members of security counsel are declared nuclear nations.

Back
Top Bottom