ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Generating power: 36-hour test run of Gomal Zam Dam initiated
By Web Desk
Published: January 24, 2014
662865-GomalZamdamPHOTONNI-1390564134-278-640x480.jpg

The dam will generate 17.4 megawatts of power, benefiting 25,000 households. PHOTO: NNI

DERA ISMAIL KHAN: A 36-hour test run of the Gomal Zam Dam was initiated at 11am on Friday, Express News reported.

If the test is successful, the dam will be made operational and will generate 17.4 megawatts of power, benefiting 25,000 households.

The multi-purpose dam will irrigate 200,000 acres of land in district Tank and tehsil Kulachi, in district Dera Ismail Khan.

The dam was inaugurated in South Waziristan on September 12 by then water and power minister Khawaja Asif, along with the US Ambassador Richard Olson and K-P Governor Engineer Shaukatullah.

The project’s completion will benefit all of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa where the present energy crisis has damaged the country’s economy, Asif had said at its inauguration.

great,,

If Pakistan can slowly sort out this power crisis Pakistan will be in a much better position

The test run of a 17 MW project does not merit its own thread. This is going over-board.

I hope they continue with such projects...and lets hope it continues positively...

The test run of a 17 MW project does not merit its own thread. This is going over-board.
Yara.
Fatma 17 & I have been bashing our head avainst the wall for many years fo curtail thd number of threads go make gbd board manageable but to no avail. I would now encourage you to try. Best of luck.
Araz

I hVe never understoofld whh the government doesn't sell the sharea of all the big mega projects internally amd tp expatriate Pakistanis. The idea being buy a share in dollars whether you are in Pakistan or out. Once the project gets going you grt a share the of he earnings. The rojecg should have international backing and governamce to prevent the government playing dorty tricks on us later
araz

Back
Top Bottom