What's new

General alert: Chinese troops on Indo-Pak LoC

Status
Not open for further replies.

angeldemon_007

Reaction score
One of the senior-most army commanders in the country has dropped a bombshell by declaring that Chinese troops are stationed on the line of control (LoC) between India and Pakistan. Lt Gen KT Parnaik, who heads the operationally critical Northern Command, warned that China's military presence in Kashmir was too close for India's comfort.
Parnaik said, "We hear many people today who are concerned about the fact that if there were to be hostilities between us and Pakistan what would be the complicity of the Chinese. Not only because they are in the neighbourhood but the fact that they are actually stationed and present on the LoC."

Parnaik was speaking at a seminar in Jammu last week. Top military commanders are usually tight-lipped when it comes to China matters.

Gen Parnaik said China’s links with Pakistan through facilitated quicker deployment of Pakistani forces to complement its communist neighbour’s military operations, outflanking India and jeopardising its security. "It poses military challenges to India and not only along the Sino-Indian border but also along the LoC," Parnaik said.

The possibility of China and Pakistan joining forces in India's farthest frontiers, illegally occupied by the two neighbours, would have “direct military implications” for New Delhi, a defence ministry report had warned two years back. The ministry’s annual report for 2008-09 had alerted against the possibility of China “enhancing connectivity” with Pakistan through disputed territories in J&K, including .

Parnaik said, "The Chinese links with Pakistan through lend strength to the China-Pakistan nexus that has been of great security concern for us. It jeopardises our regional and strategic interest in the long run, the Chinese footprints are too close for comfort."

The 1962 India-China war ended with China seizing some 38,000 sq km of Indian territory in Aksai Chin in the eastern-most fringes of J&K. Pakistan went on to unilaterally and illegally cede another 5,120 km of territory in northern Kashmir to China under a 1963 pact.

General alert: Chinese troops on Indo-Pak LoC - Hindustan Times

Good move... Now at least indians will refrain from shooting at villagers un-necessarily and if they do it will be Chinese shooting back at them!! ;)

BTW... did you not ask for confirmations from Gilani?

yes its our country we are free to bring china turkey or alien here . none of your business as you bring Israel there.

yes its our country we are free to bring china turkey or alien here. none of your business as you bring Israel there.

Exactly right. :tup:

Pakistan has the final say, regarding what they do with Pakistani land.

Indian concerns are not relevant.

Its time for US troop presence in Indian side of LoC to counter the Chinese presence in the Pakistani side.

Ridiculous notion. We are already in too many conflicts.

Well, I do agree that the only realistic chance for India to counter China is by inviting US troops into India. Only US can protect India and any Asian country from the PLA if a conflict do break out. As what the former Prime Minister of Singapore said, in 20 years, all the Asian countries combined without US assistance would not be able to counter China. This is given the fact that the military gap between all Asian countries vs China are growing by the year. So India, like Japan, South Korea and Australia, would need US military presence to have a realistic chance of countering China.But when Pakistan is involved, the situation becomes more complicate as Pakistan is also a US ally. So I'm not sure if its wise for the US troops to be involved even with the invitation of India.

images

images

Let them be there.why should we have any problem....world knows their love story in on high.........

keep it up.. ;)

I just hope that stays with Pakistan because it will be a bit difficult for us if it become China Occupied Kashmir, which i think might happen in the near future...

I thought India was dreaming about winning a two-front war with its newest weapons purchased from Russia, Israel and USA -- ballistic missile defense and hypersonic vehicles? I thought China was technologically inferior to India because we only have copies of Mig-17 Bison and AK-47? I thought India is the natural ally of the West and the West will protect India from bad undemocratic China?

Is India ready to become #1 Asian superpower? We are getting closer and closer to http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/86894-second-indo-chinese-war-2013-2015-a.html

to angle demon

tell you the truth my friend i always wanted a visa free entry to china ,i really want to be part of the middle kingdom

yes its our country we are free to bring china turkey or alien here . none of your business as you bring Israel there.

Of course. But when one "outsources" a highly sensitive issue such as defense of one's own country to a foreign country, one loses sovereignty. Why do you need an army then, if you cannot on your own provide for your own defense?

Oh, btw Israel doesnt protect our borders.

A very bad move by both concerned...:disagree:
There is discontent brewing in China, has it to do something with that??

why would this idiot general need to create such a big fuss about.

rather than making public panic, he should talk to his seniors......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom