What's new

Geert Wilder's Confidant converts to Islam !!

He said on Twitter that religion is a private thing (I agree), but then goes worldwide on Al-Jazeera Arabic. And you read the most fanciful posts in the comment section. Then he breaks his silence on Twitter, and says Muslims have sending him gifts (shows a book about scientific miracles in the Qu'ran) after his conversion announcement. Also, his conversion took place in one of Hollands most controversial, Salafist mosque, which made the news a couple of times due to extremism and hate sermons of radical imams.

This article from loonwatch is a bit exaggerated. He was definitely not a leading politician of the party, but a local councilor. Frankly, I had never heard of him - I follow the political news as much as I can - except when he made the news in a negative way. He was thrown out of the party, because he stole money from the party fund. Then again when he made the headlines because he was arrested for leaking secret documents to the press. The police came to know about this leak, when they tapped his phone. They suspected him of drug trafficking, selling drugs to minors, which he later admitted to. And it turned out the police also confiscated an unlawful gun that was in his possession.

Anyway, from the interviews he gave earlier, he gave me the impression that he is a narcissistic type of guy, and an attention seeker, some would even say mentally unstable.

I agree that he shouldn't have made his conversion so public, the anti-Muslim folks are already joking that he converted to further his criminal career, pointing out to crimes by which many Muslim immigrants are known in the Netherlands, most notably the Moroccans.

I would caution Muslims not to be overtly joyful about this particular conversion. Because the man isn't exactly a poster boy of good character, at least until recently.

He will not be judged for his past, as is a tenet of our faith he will only be judged for what he does from now on. Forgiveness is a big thing for us although I do not expect you to know that.

well though greet is great ..................everyone should his views about Islam , i don't care about confidant.

As much as you hate Muslims you cannot get enough of us and so sign up to nearly all our sites. I have seen many people like you, cannot live with us but cannot get enough of us either lol.

He should have kept this private. Now the hardliner Islamists will use his example for their propaganda.

Not at all.

Since Wilders has made a career out of blabbing about Islam at every opportunity, anything related to Islam that has tangential connection to him becomes newsworthy.

whats great about greet?

He does not like undesciplined, evil, sinful, vulgar, disobedient, disagreeable, disturbing, detrimental, defective Muslims immigrating his country.

But this lawmaker says, he welcomes good Muslims who are not trouble makers.

He does not like undesciplined, evil, sinful, vulgar, disobedient, disagreeable, disturbing, detrimental, defective Muslims immigrating his country.

But this lawmaker says, he welcomes good Muslims who are not trouble makers.

I asked" whats great about greet?"

I asked" whats great about greet?"

He is a Dutch politician and the founder and leader of the Party for Freedom, the fourth-largest political party in the Netherlands.
He is agnostic with no religion. Came up with the film on Islam called Fitna.
The fellow is intellectual.

^^ What is your business on Pakistani website? Only, Indians are interested in Pakistani and Arab affairs... are you an Indian?
Where as the flags you are wearing... are very much interested in religion of its people.
State want written confession about your religion and that of your parents! People are targeted in streets just for being Muslims... justice being denied to Muslims!
Here, You have the audacity to tell religion is personal matter!!!!!!! and Geert Wilder, has forced his belief on you or any one... ?
He was a news, hence news channel approached him with good bad intentions... people are curious and al-jazeera is perhaps cashing upon .. but it is just limited to sharing a personal experience of a journey to Islam.

BTW... Islam has not to be gauged from what comes out of a mosque or what any Muslim behave or describe it. You don't even know what is definition of mosque and Islam.
Islam has many enemies like you... and keep attributing false things to it... but all in an imperfect way.

Stop making failed attempts to subdue or terrorize.. potential seekers... when you call a convert a criminal.. every one can see your hate over flowing... while you cowardly hide your own ethnicity behind a false flag.

Perhaps he converted to Indian :D

Seriously, what are you blabbering about?

^^ What is your business on Pakistani website?

If you must know…Once I was very much interested in airplanes (and still am) and their technical aspects. Somehow I came to this site, and since then I occasionally have a look around, reading the stuff that people who are more knowledgeable than me write on those subjects. The thing that had drawn me to this site was apolitical. The forum has also a wide variety of people coming from all over the world, and giving their input from their perspective, makes the site more interesting to hang around. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Only, Indians are interested in Pakistani and Arab affairs...

That’s a very limited and narrow minded understanding of the world. And factually wrong.
First of all, this conversion took place in the Netherlands. If you must label a nationality to this event, making it a Pakistani or Arab affair would not be the first thing that would come to mind. It would be more logical to call it a Dutch affair.
I think non-Pakistani and non-Arab Muslims would resent, you connecting Islam with Arabs and Pakistani. In fact, Arabs and Pakistanis don’t even make a third of the world Muslim population. And what would your explanation be to the 160 million Islamic Indians who could be very well offended by your shortsightedness of what it means to be a Muslim?
Also, non-Muslims have been studying Eastern cultures for centuries now. The Dutch and the German scholarships have a long and extensive tradition when it comes to Islamic and Arabic studies.

Western countries would have never come so far in their development as of today if we had shunned our societies from cultural ideas and exchange, not seeking knowledge and understanding of the world around us. Try to see the bigger picture.

are you an Indian?

No.
Being open-minded and reading up on other cultures, does not make someone an Indian. I can’t say I really blame you for your spurious thought patterns. You’re a product of a closed society that ingrains conspiratorial thinking with a religious connotation from a very early age on. Although this is not a exclusively a Pakistani matter – it is a prevalent trend in almost every Islamic society or community – and many Pakistanis defy this kind of hostility thinking – some great examples on this forum for instance – it is to be expected when the rationalization of your being or existence is heavily built on the notion that everyone out there is to get you (Jews, Indians/Hindus,Westerners). If some outsider is critical of Muslims, he must be inherently an enemy that seeks the destruction of Islam. You're the type that is known to have all the trademarks of paranoia and easy going indulgence of conspiracy theories.

Where as the flags you are wearing... are very much interested in religion of its people.

Don’t flatter yourself too much. I am interested in religion in general (monotheistic religions) and much more in history, European or otherwise.

State want written confession about your religion and that of your parents!

That’s a bold statement for someone who comes from a country that labels people on a state-level as heretics and has put discriminatory laws in place. Whereas the Dutch (or German) constitution and social fabric grants every citizen the freedom of religion, free from religious persecution and physical harm.

People are targeted in streets just for being Muslims... justice being denied to Muslims!

Stop parroting the fairy tales of the local mullah, who barely completed his primary education..

One quick Google search will make you realize which country needs some drastic improvement. This year alone hundreds of Shias have been blown to pieces in several bomb attacks, and you have the audacity to criticize Dutch society for a problem that is (almost) non-existent? Maybe you should make your entry in the real world and stop living in fairy tale land?

Here, You have the audacity to tell religion is personal matter!!!!!!!

What I meant was that his religious belief are his own. He does not need to give a justification to anyone, he does not have to give accountability to anyone for his choice to convert.

and Geert Wilder, has forced his belief on you or any one... ?

Even if he could, it wouldn’t happen. I’m agnostic bordering atheism, skeptical of every belief system….

He was a news, hence news channel approached him with good bad intentions... people are curious and al-jazeera is perhaps cashing upon .. but it is just limited to sharing a personal experience of a journey to Islam.

Could be, fair enough.

BTW... Islam has not to be gauged from what comes out of a mosque or what any Muslim behave or describe it. You don't even know what is definition of mosque and Islam.

And this comes from a person who links an Islamic conversion to Pakistani and Arabs affairs?
Epic fail! Islam was a universal undertaking from the beginning as envisioned by Muhammad (or God from the religious perspective). even though many hadiths that were handed down later on, favor the Arabs and some even have racist remarks on blacks.

Islam has many enemies like you... and keep attributing false things to it... but all in an imperfect way.

Stop making failed attempts to subdue or terrorize.. potential seekers... when you call a convert a criminal.. every one can see your hate over flowing... while you cowardly hide your own ethnicity behind a false flag.

Note that I did not object his conversion, nor did I vilify Islam. I gave some background information and some insights about the hype of his conversion, and my impression of the whole thing.

So another failed attempt of personal attacks rather than addressing the content.

To give you some solace:

Sunrise - AOK's full interview with Wilders - YouTube

Some good points raised by the non-Muslim interviewer, I hope I didn’t shatter your worldview by saying this…

Being a private thing does NOT mean what u think it means...

It means that you cannot force anyone to adopt a religion\faith...

Going public to announce ur faith does NOT violate condition of "religion being a private thing"... :)

He's just letting everyone know that this is what he believes now... He's not trying to force others into anything,,, hence islam is privately his... :)

When I said religion is a private matter (as the convert said) in this context, I did not had forcing someone to become Muslim in mind. What I tried to signify was that he has no obligation to explain to others his decision to change a religion. It's a personal matter. We live in a free society, others have no business in meddling in his personal affairs.

He will not be judged for his past, as is a tenet of our faith he will only be judged for what he does from now on.

I am aware of that.

He has every right to convert to any religion whenever he wants per Dutch Constitution, basic human rights and common sense. I did and do not object his conversion, but raised some reservations on the surroundings of the created hype and the bombastic rejoice of some people, which are accompanied by (childish) antics.

I pointed out to his inconsistency. He announces he feels his change of religion is not something that should be explained to others (I agree as I said), but then he goes full public with an Al-Jazeera interview. So I did not chastise him for converting to Islam - to which he is rightfully entitled to - but on his shaky principles.

Forgiveness is a big thing for us although I do not expect you to know that.

Would the cheerful Muslims who are in a state of euphoria give the same courtesy if he converts back, or to another religion?

A case in point.

There was another celebrity news of a Dutch playmate this week (trivial/gossip section). She told she became Muslim due to her Turkish boyfriend. Then when their relation broke off, so she tells, she stopped being a Muslima.

Would this girl have lived another day in an Islamic state with Sharia law, if she wanted to become a non-Muslim again? I think not, she probably would have been executed or torn apart by a mob by now.

On (religious) paper forgiveness is great, in some real life practices these traits are nowhere to be seen when it really matters.

Back
Top Bottom