What's new

Geert Wilder's Confidant converts to Islam !!

Ghareeb_Da_Baal

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Far-right Dutch Politician Finds Islam

AMSTERDAM – A leading member in far-right Dutch politician Geert Wilders’ party has reverted to Islam after an extensive study about the Islamic religion and Muslims.

“I can understand people are skeptic, especially that it is unexpected for many of them,” Arnoud Van Doorn told Al-Jazeera English satellite channel.

“This is a very big decision, which I have not taken lightly.”

The news about Doorn’s reversion first came to the surface last month when he tweeted “new beginning”.

He later posted a tweet in Arab pronouncing the Shahadah (proclamation of faith).

The politician later announced that he reverted to Islam, giving no more information about the reasons behind the decision.

“In my own close circle people have known that I have been actively researching the Qur’an, Hadith, Sunnah and other writings for almost a year now,” he said.

“In addition, I have had numerous conversations with Muslims about the religion.”

Driven by his party’s anti-Islam discourse, Doorn decided to dig in for the truth about the religion himself.

“I have heard so many negative stories about Islam, but I am not a person who follows opinions of others without doing my own research,” he said.

“Therefore, I have actually started to deepen my knowledge of the Islam out of curiosity.

“My colleague Aboe Khoulani from the City Council in The Hague has brought me further into contact with the as-Soennah mosque, which has guided me even further.”

A member of the Dutch parliament and The Hague city council, Doorn’s name has long been associated with Wilders’ anti-Islam, far-right PVV party.

A member of the Dutch parliament and The Hague city council, Doorn’s name has long been associated with anti-Islam rhetoric by Wilders’ PVV party.

Wilders himself is known for his rants against Islam, Muslims and the Noble Qur’an.

New Beginning

Doorn’s decision to embrace Islam has won mixed reactions in the Netherlands.

“According to some people I am a traitor, but according to most others I have actually made a very good decision,” he told Aljazeera.

“The reactions are generally positive and I also received quite some support via twitter.

“It feels good that people who do not know me personally have understanding of my situation and support me in my choice.”

For the Dutch politician, finding Islam was finally guiding him to the true path in his life.

“I have made mistakes in life as many others. From these mistakes I have learned a lot,” Doorn said.

“And by my conversion to Islam I have the feeling that I finally found my path.

“I realize that this is a new start and that I still have much to learn as well.”

Departing from his earlier life as a PVV member, Doorn expects much resistance in his political life.

“The expectation is that I will continue to face much resistance, also from certain government institutions,” he said.

“I have all faith in Allah to support me and to guide me through these moments.”

Geert Wilders Confidante and Former Far-Right Politician Arnoud Van Doorn Converts to Islam | loonwatch.com

He should have kept this private. Now the hardliner Islamists will use his example for their propaganda.

.....and islamophobes, will use it for their 'evil mooozlums taking over the world' propaganda. Pooor guy, chose a fireball to carry in his palm. Well this isn't the first or the last time a Moses (PBUH) appeared, in the conclave of a pharoah.

Geert Wilders is conflating two things, the religion of Islam and the ghetto muslims who arrived in Holland illegally, over-stayed their visas, or as guest workers but now refusing to leave such as Morccons, Turks, etc.

These people are the lowest of the low when it comes to behaving in a civilized society and only stern discipline can control them but in Holland there is freedom and thus they abuse that privilage and act out.

And thus people like Wilders rise up claiming that Dutch identity is being destroyed by these Middle Eastern invaders.

I can't say I blame him.

If I were living in a peaceful society and all of a sudden there is a huge influx of of these middle eastern people who started forming criminal gangs, drugs, crime, raping girls and causing other ills in society and then justifying that by Islam, I would get confused and blame Islam as well.

Wilders need to target this on the illegal over-stayers, and other fraudsters who have abused Dutch hospitality.

well though greet is great ..................everyone should his views about Islam , i don't care about confidant.

ArnoudVanDoorn-Converts.jpg

https://twitter.com/ArnoudvDoorn/status/308880674289500160/photo/1
Al-Jazeera Translated Version ... Scroll Down to find text,,, ...
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_f

.....and islamophobes, will use it for their 'evil mooozlums taking over the world' propaganda. Pooor guy, chose a fireball to carry in his palm. Well this isn't the first or the last time a Moses (PBUH) appeared, in the conclave of a pharoah.

Islamaphobes already use Anjem Chaudry as their poster boy....

wasn't he the dutch politician who was making movie against Islam......

Masha Allah. Allah SWT guides whomever He wills! I wonder what was geert wilders reaction when he found out that one of his own confidants has reverted to Islam :omghaha:I would love to see Wilders face right now:omghaha:

yeah i read it yesterday. he was an anti muslim politician... but see he himself is a muslim now

He should have kept this private. Now the hardliner Islamists will use his example for their propaganda.

He said on Twitter that religion is a private thing (I agree), but then goes worldwide on Al-Jazeera Arabic. And you read the most fanciful posts in the comment section. Then he breaks his silence on Twitter, and says Muslims have sending him gifts (shows a book about scientific miracles in the Qu'ran) after his conversion announcement. Also, his conversion took place in one of Hollands most controversial, Salafist mosque, which made the news a couple of times due to extremism and hate sermons of radical imams.

This article from loonwatch is a bit exaggerated. He was definitely not a leading politician of the party, but a local councilor. Frankly, I had never heard of him - I follow the political news as much as I can - except when he made the news in a negative way. He was thrown out of the party, because he stole money from the party fund. Then again when he made the headlines because he was arrested for leaking secret documents to the press. The police came to know about this leak, when they tapped his phone. They suspected him of drug trafficking, selling drugs to minors, which he later admitted to. And it turned out the police also confiscated an unlawful gun that was in his possession.

Anyway, from the interviews he gave earlier, he gave me the impression that he is a narcissistic type of guy, and an attention seeker, some would even say mentally unstable.

I agree that he shouldn't have made his conversion so public, the anti-Muslim folks are already joking that he converted to further his criminal career, pointing out to crimes by which many Muslim immigrants are known in the Netherlands, most notably the Moroccans.

I would caution Muslims not to be overtly joyful about this particular conversion. Because the man isn't exactly a poster boy of good character, at least until recently.

^^ What is your business on Pakistani website? Only, Indians are interested in Pakistani and Arab affairs... are you an Indian?
Where as the flags you are wearing... are very much interested in religion of its people.
State want written confession about your religion and that of your parents! People are targeted in streets just for being Muslims... justice being denied to Muslims!
Here, You have the audacity to tell religion is personal matter!!!!!!! and Geert Wilder, has forced his belief on you or any one... ?
He was a news, hence news channel approached him with good bad intentions... people are curious and al-jazeera is perhaps cashing upon .. but it is just limited to sharing a personal experience of a journey to Islam.

BTW... Islam has not to be gauged from what comes out of a mosque or what any Muslim behave or describe it. You don't even know what is definition of mosque and Islam.
Islam has many enemies like you... and keep attributing false things to it... but all in an imperfect way.

Stop making failed attempts to subdue or terrorize.. potential seekers... when you call a convert a criminal.. every one can see your hate over flowing... while you cowardly hide your own ethnicity behind a false flag.

He said on Twitter that religion is a private thing (I agree), but then goes worldwide on Al-Jazeera Arabic.....
Being a private thing does NOT mean what u think it means...

It means that you cannot force anyone to adopt a religion\faith...

Going public to announce ur faith does NOT violate condition of "religion being a private thing"... :)

He's just letting everyone know that this is what he believes now... He's not trying to force others into anything,,, hence islam is privately his... :)

Back
Top Bottom