What's new

Gas grill vs Charcoal grill

Charcoal it is. Steaks taste well with that smoky flavour from the Charcoal grill. But you need to decide on convenience and how much space you have in your patio. If it is a small patio then gas or electric is the best due to the safety factor.

Gas for me. It's easier to control the heat evenly.

If I want a smokey flavor to my meat:

1) soak wood chips for an hour or so
2) place wood chips in foil
3) mix half dry and half wet wood chips together
4) punch holes in foil
5) throw it under the grill

Also depends on how many you're feeding. If it's only a few people, it really doesn't matter. But if you're going to be cooking for a lot of people, go with gas just because of the even heat distribution. Back another life-time ago, I used to cook at a restaurant, gas was the only way to go for fast service and maintenance. Charcoal would be a nightmare.

Buy both and see which one is good for you! I say buy gas grill since you got free gas from indian owned gas station! :D make barbecue and dont forget to invite your girl who got mad at you!
Take care!
Feel free to open new thread if you don't know how to make barbecue!
Thanks! :D

Charcoal for sure, it's all about the taste for me ;P
It's not as convenient as gas but you can't beat Charcoal. I originally bought a gas bbq but changed to charcoal.

I like charcoal because of that smoky flavor but @PITA 's idea is genius. I will have to try it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like charcoal because of that smoky flavor but @PITA 's idea is genius. I will have to try it out.

Forgot that you have to mix half dry and half wet wood chips together for it to smoke. Applewood or Mesquite is best. NEVER use wood logs that are bound together with some artificial crap.

BTW, you guys realize that a gas BBQ still lets you put a layer of charcoal on top of the elements, don't you? I don't really see the point in having those older pure charcoal grills that you have to light with some kind of lighter fluid. I haven't seen one of those used in ages.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gas grills are blasphemy in my book. Nothing can beat charcoal.

Just bought a gas grill. Charcoal grill seemed to inconvenient as I plan on using this almost on a daily basis.

Hopefully the indians will help me keep it fueled at no cost.. :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom