What's new

[Gallery] Iran - Iraq war

img_138833_ilam_prisoner_1359.jpg

تصویر نخستین اسیر عراقی که در آغازین روزهای دفاع مقدس(1359) در استان ایلام به اسارت درآمد
First Iraqi captive in ilam

Last Iranian captive

lashkari.jpg3.jpg
lashkari.jpg4.jpg

Iranian machine gunner tied his leg to the gun's tripod to prevent himself from fleeing if fired upon.

View attachment 377722

May Allah grant this and every other hero that fought in this war highest place in Jannah InshaAllah.

do you guys think any of our current generation youth would fight like this in the case of a new war?

can you re-upload the image? I want to read this book
I remember that , A few years ago I read a book written by an Iraqi PW who was in a camp in the north of Iran .

He wrote that , Saddam and his regime's leaders had forced all the youth to go to the battlefield and if people didn't accept the regime always killed their families and raped their wives , daughters and ...

In other part of the book he wrote that most of the Iraqi soldiers just fought or stood in the battlefield cos they had no other choice . Most of them didn't want to fight with their Muslim brothers in Iran and in other hand didn't want to be counted as betrayers by leaving the battlefield or giving up cos If they were counted as betrayers their families and relatives would have been killed by Saddam , He said , most of us ( Iraqi soldiers ) just prayed to be captured by Iranian forces cos in this condition we neither would have been counted as betrayers nor had to kill Iranians .

est of this book talked about how he was captured and Iranian people who didn't blame them as they knew what was going on in Iraq .

the book's cover

730383_1th207197.jpg

Anyone knows (good) books from personal POV of a soldier in the Iran-Iraq war, of either sides in English or Arabic of Persian. Whilst I won't be able to read last 2 due to bad Arabic reading skills I am still interested in knowing.

I don't mean a dramatic version of it, more like experiences of the war itself. None of us here are from that generation, our parents are but they often don't even want to share stories or talk about it, that's the thing in my case.

I dont know about arabic translation of this book but there is english version
One Woman's War: Da (Mother) Book by Seyyedeh Zahra Hosseini
دا by
12_Da.jpg
سیده زهرا حسینی

1_329900.jpg

Full Name: ASIAEE, Seyed Nasrollah

DoB: 19 Dey 1320 (9 Jan 1942) - Sahneh Town, Kermanshah Province

Killed in Action: 11 Dey 1365 (1 Jan 1987) - Masjed Soleiman, Khuzestan Province

Branch of service: Tank Engineering and Maintenance , Pilot

Last Rank: SarHang (Colonel)

Last Position: Commanding Officer, Masjed Soleiman Army Aviation Base

ستوان یکم توپخانه شهید رضا کریمی

معاون توپخانه تیپ 30 گرگان

شهادت: دوم امرداد 1358 - قزلی - گرگان

karimi921207.jpg

First Leiutenant of Artilery Corps Reza Karimi

Deputy Commanding Officer of Artilery Unit of the 30th Infantry Brigade

Killed In Action: 2 Amordad 1358 (24/07/1979) - Qezli - Gorgan​

جاوید نام استوار دوم هوابرد شهید خلیل نظری

naz-khal-11.jpg