What's new

Futuristic soldier as a system undergoes skill tests at CAIR (not F-INSAS)

Wow crazy this place is 10 mins from my house we go near that place to smoke pot. :woot:

F-Insas supposed to equip some 40,000 troops in 2012 and what about Indian made multi caliber hifi carbine any progress?
Another delayed and most probably failed project.

F-Insas supposed to equip some 40,000 troops in 2012 and what about Indian made multi caliber hifi carbine any progress?

bhai...it's india. since 1948 no govt. project completed within time or most probably declared failed after 10 yrs of starting. i don't think they can ever complete this f-insas project even after 2030.

We boast of our FUTURE capabilities, whereas China(with whom we are competing) boasts of their EXISTING capabilities.....:hitwall:

We boast of our FUTURE capabilities, whereas China(with whom we are competing) boasts of their EXISTING capabilities.....:hitwall:

1st, we aren't competing with China

2nd Certain programs will be kept secret such as Prahaar, BMD etc. However there is no harm in making these projects public. The public needs to know where the money is spent.

1st, we aren't competing with China
As China aspires to be the next superpower and since we have land disputes with two of our powerful neighbors including China, therefore India has no other choice left but to "compete with China" (i.e trying to be at par at least)........

2nd Certain programs will be kept secret such as Prahaar, BMD etc. However there is no harm in making these projects public. The public needs to know where the money is spent.
Secrecy of a project is not the matter of concern here.......timely completion of the project is.......

This is F-INSAS. No country yet to implement any system like F-INSAS to date so India is not behind. Good to see such advancement and futuristic project by DRDO.

Same way some idiots also laugh on American and Russian 'failed' projects!!! :lol:

^^^
Whats gonna happen to FINSAS ? I mean it doesn't look like that IA is even considering DRDO's FINSAS solution. Various kinds of RFI have been issued and according to Trishul blog, US OEMs like Bharat Dynamics and Raytheons.

^^^
Whats gonna happen to FINSAS ? I mean it doesn't look like that IA is even considering DRDO's FINSAS solution. Various kinds of RFI have been issued and according to Trishul blog, US OEMs like Bharat Dynamics and Raytheons.

I think it needs to be clarified, the F-INSAS is a huge project that emcompasses everything from the individual kit of soldiers to digital communications, datalinking, etc etc so these RFIs are for induvidual components of the F-INSAS program not INSTEAD of the program. Is is why the F-INSAS is considered to be so ambitious, by 2020 the IA will look SO different, not only the soldier's kit but every thing the IA does in communications, training, logistics etc (the program is expected to cost $30 BN+) and actually many pats of the F-INSAS WERE tested last year such as the SATCOM and NETCENTRIC battlefield concept, just because the soldier equipment wasn't on show people assume the program is behind, DRDO never said what componats were to be tested last year.

I think it needs to be clarified, the F-INSAS is a huge project that emcompasses everything from the individual kit of soldiers to digital communications, datalinking, etc etc so these RFIs are for induvidual components of the F-INSAS program not INSTEAD of the program.
There will be the whole network which will have to be connected to every other network like BMS, TCS, IAF's network etc. In short all the digital communications, datalinking etc. etc. will never be handed over to any company outside the country. In fact i think considering the critical nature of this network, just like all other networks i think this project won't even reach the private sector just like all other communication projects. I thinks its good...

The things what are mentioned in FINSAS are just accessories which will be the part of Indian networked soldier...

There will be the whole network which will have to be connected to every other network like BMS, TCS, IAF's network etc. In short all the digital communications, datalinking etc. etc. will never be handed over to any company outside the country. In fact i think considering the critical nature of this network, just like all other networks i think this project won't even reach the private s
ector just like all other communication projects. I thinks its good...

The things what are mentioned in FINSAS are just accessories which will be the part of Indian networked soldier...

Yes, correct. DRDO/other Indian govt labs are working on the software and network infrastructure and all the many components that make up the F-INSAS project, but to save time and duplication of efforts some tech will be procured from abroad, hence the RFIs but these are for relatively small parts of the the huge project and are not project critical and will not compromise the security of the user/nation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom