What's new

From adviser to adversary?: Yasin Khalil cries foul over ‘unwarranted’ removal

SBD-3

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
PESHAWAR:
“I should have been given a chance to explain myself or at least been asked to tender my resignation, but the way I was kicked out of the cabinet has stigmatised my political career,” a visibly upset former adviser to the chief minister Yasin Khan Khalil told The Express Tribune.

Khalil said if he was in fact guilty of ‘bad performance’, Chief Minister (CM) Pervez Khattak and Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan should have heard his side of the story instead of taking a rash decision, adding that he was a representative of the people and not someone’s “personal servant”.

He alleged the decision to remove him was taken only to pacify the party’s 14-member pressure group in the provincial assembly. Khalil and former industries minister Shaukat Yousafzai were recently sacked from the cabinet over what was termed ‘unsatisfactory performance’.

511.jpg

When asked about the allegations he labelled against Khattak in the provincial assembly on Thursday, Khalil said, “I demand of Khattak the rights of the people of Peshawar since Nowshera has become the CM’s favourite place for launching development projects.”

On Thursday, Yasin claimed in the assembly that 55 posts of Class-IV employees in the transport department went to Nowshera and only seven to the people of Peshawar.

“Let me make it clear. I am a PTI loyalist and will never attempt to harm my party,” he, however, said.

614.jpg

He reiterated his proposal to form a seven-member committee headed by Assembly Speaker Asad Qaiser and three members each from the treasury and opposition benches to enquire the charges leveled against him.

In November last year, the CM sacked two Qaumi Watan Party (QWP) ministers from the provincial cabinet on charges of corruption which was followed by QWP’s ouster from the coalition government. Later, former labour minister Bakht Baidar Khan filed a Rs1 billion defamation suit against Imran Khan for damaging his reputation.

Descent into Islamabad

Member National Assembly and PTI spokesperson in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa, Aisha Gulalai said party workers were all set to move towards D-Chowk in Islamabad as, besides them, the general public has been eagerly waiting to protest against the rigging in last year’s general elections. She added that caravans from other districts will be reaching the federal capital through various routes while those from Peshawar will start their journey on the Peshawar-Islamabad Motorway at noon on Sunday, the day of the planned rally.

“Political parties had been pointing towards rigging in the past elections and cases were registered but they were all thrown into cold storage,” Gulalai told The Express Tribune,adding PTI will never sit idle until the electoral system is reformed and cases pending in various election tribunals are decided. She said they will hold a peaceful gathering in Islamabad since it was their right to demand justice.

Rally in the city

A rally was held in the provincial capital against alleged rigging in the 2013 polls and was attended by hundreds of PTI workers.

PTI District General Secretary Younas Zaheer said the rally was held to register their protest against rigging, adding they will also be joining their party workers at D-Chowk on Sunday.

Published in The Express Tribune, May 10th, 2014.
From adviser to adversary?: Yasin Khalil cries foul over ‘unwarranted’ removal – The Express Tribune

This man is a corruption monster , anything that comes out of his mouth is bogus ,
He was removed when his corruption became so frickin obvious !!

Good Job PTI, Clean out the mess and get rid of the corrupt ones....

This man is a corruption monster , anything that comes out of his mouth is bogus ,
He was removed when his corruption became so frickin obvious !!

And no one can say he was not given a chance to mend his ways..

PTI comes as the only party in history of Pakistan, who is firing on charges of corruption..

soon when provincial NAB would be established, then this job would be done by the independent anti-corruption department...

Back
Top Bottom