What's new

French debate: First it was burqas, now burgers

First, Both types of meat are available here in England and India.

Second, Not every one is a vegetarian in India.

in both these cases your concern is uncalled for. You can walk away from the one where you do not find any to your liking and eat somewhere else simple.

Third, I don't know why the restaurants in France have any bearing on my diet and choice of meat.

:agree: The opposite community also asks the same question.

On the other hand its up to the shopkeeper/trader, to choose the goods for sale which bring him more interest. Why the govt should have a ban on his choice of profession or commodity he deals in which by law is NOT illegal.

It was rightly said by a British MP: "The French are aggressively secular".
Now, they are just acting paranoid........

Sure I will when I have a source better than Yahoo Answers :)

Instead of waiting for someone to spoon feed you the truth, why don't you consult some doctors or medical practitioners? After all, since you appear to have a highly developed sensibility that makes you so concerned about an animal's pain, I am sure you are also similarly motivated to seeking out the truth and grounding your opinions on researched facts rather than relying on unsubstantiated fallacies that indirectly malign someone else's religion.

I am uncomfortable eating meat slaughtered in the halal style. It has got nothing to do with religious views. I just think it is an unnecessarily cruel way of slaughtering an animal. If I have a choice, I would choose the non halal meat, if not, I would go ahead and eat it.

On the other hand, the French are masters of cruelty food. I doubt they would share the same concerns I have.

It's either an animal electrocuted to death or one who's blood supply to the brain is severed before it can even feel anything. Isn't type 1 more cruel ? Minutes of intense pain through electric currents passing through the body until all liquid evaporates and the blood becomes solid ?

Instead of waiting for someone to spoon feed you the truth, why don't you consult some doctors or medical practitioners? After all, since you appear to have a highly developed sensibility that makes you so concerned about an animal's pain, I am sure you are also similarly motivated to seeking out the truth and grounding your opinions on researched facts rather than relying on unsubstantiated fallacies that indirectly malign someone else's religion.

You have my justifications in my posts. Can you point out where exactly I have made fun of someone religious beliefs?

I think every body is having same views here.
let muslims eat how they want to eat. And if some one feels there is a better way to kill painlessly let him choose meat made that way.

It's either an animal electrocuted to death or one who's blood supply to the brain is severed before it can even feel anything. Isn't type 1 more cruel ? Minutes of intense pain through electric currents passing through the body until all liquid evaporates and the blood becomes solid ?

I guess there are thousands of ways in which a slaughter can be made. I am not an expert, so I depend on the opinions of others. One such expert is the Farm Animal Welfare Council here in the UK.

Their reports are presented here
Farm Animal Welfare Council - Reports

Their opinion is that animals must be stunned/rendered unconscious with a blow to their head before slaughter. This avoids the pain they feel. Ofcourse, there is no way of knowing if this is definitely true.

Please read what they have to say on Page 32 of the report
"Report on the Welfare of Farmed Animals at Slaughter or Killing – Part Two: White Meat Animals." dated May 2009.

To repeat what I have been saying earlier. I will eat Halal meat if I have no choice. I guess my feelings about this sort of slaughter are not strong enough to totally avoid meat slaughtered using Halal methods.

The information provided above is simply to show that there are good reasons on why I choose non Halal food. There are other threads where I like to make fun of religion. This is not it. If you would still like to think that way then I would ask you to question your own biases about it.

I guess there are thousands of ways in which a slaughter can be made. I am not an expert, so I depend on the opinions of others. One such expert is the Farm Animal Welfare Council here in the UK.

Their reports are presented here
Farm Animal Welfare Council - Reports

Their opinion is that animals must be stunned/rendered unconscious with a blow to their head before slaughter. This avoids the pain they feel. Ofcourse, there is no way of knowing if this is definitely true.

Please read what they have to say on Page 32 of the report
"Report on the Welfare of Farmed Animals at Slaughter or Killing – Part Two: White Meat Animals." dated May 2009.

To repeat what I have been saying earlier. I will eat Halal meat if I have no choice. I guess my feelings about this sort of slaughter are not strong enough to totally avoid meat slaughtered using Halal methods.

The information provided above is simply to show that there are good reasons on why I choose non Halal food. There are other threads where I like to make fun of religion. This is not it. If you would still like to think that way then I would ask you to question your own biases about it.

I'm not talking on religious grounds but generally, how do we know we will manage to knock that animal out with one blow to the head ? What if we hit it, hurt it and fail to stun it, is that not cruelty ?
So clubbing/electrocution against slaughter, in my book it's either slaughter or a nice veggie burger !

I'm not talking on religious grounds but generally, how do we know we will manage to knock that animal out with one blow to the head ? What if we hit it, hurt it and fail to stun it, is that not cruelty ?
So clubbing/electrocution against slaughter, in my book it's either slaughter or a nice veggie burger !

Kakgeta, That comment wasn't pointed at you. It was for people who like to claim religious discrimination to derail a discussion.

I am not a slaughter expert. I have to depend on opinions of non partisan groups like the one I have pointed out before. After reading the pros and cons, I prefer non Halal meat from animals who were stunned and that is what I choose when at the supermarket. As simple as that.

An no, I think the French cannot use this same excuse to ban halal meat unless they first ban foods such as Foie Gras.

They put their foot on something and a new venue comes out in exchange. This is ironic that this time a French chain is indulged in it...Europe is in for the loss leading no where fiddling around with its Muslim minority.

Do they have the balls to pick on Kosher slaughter??

Seriously europe paronia has nothing to do with terrorism and much to do about its rising Muslim population and its racist mentality.

I am uncomfortable eating meat slaughtered in the halal style. It has got nothing to do with religious views. I just think it is an unnecessarily cruel way of slaughtering an animal. If I have a choice, I would choose the non halal meat, if not, I would go ahead and eat it.

On the other hand, the French are masters of cruelty food. I doubt they would share the same concerns I have.
Why is it cruel?

I am surprised some Indians are supporting this kind of bigotry against Muslims even though they have plenty of Indian Muslims in their country.You know; I always find it surprising that Indians at BR and other defense sites always try to blame Islam or spread hatred against Muslims and Islam (Totally different from hate towards Pakistan) and not realizing that they're also taunting Indian Muslims too at the same time.

Some people just think that Halaal meat is simply slitting the throat and waiting for the animal to die.

In fact, it is the jugular that is slit, blood is drained out to avoid solidification of various proteins and amino acids and all in all many many studies have shown this method results in a more hygienic meat package than other methods.

Stun meat on the other hand actually involves inflicting paint upon the animal. The stunning isn't done by giving the cow a Valium and waiting for it to sleep. They take a bullet like bolt, shoot the cow on the head, rendering it unconscious or brain damaged and then chopping the animal off.

Also note, that the cutting of the jugular in fact does render you unconscious without inflicting pain. The Halaal method INSTRUCTS you to use the sharpest blade you can get, so that you get a clean cut. Clean cuts take some time to register as pain in the brain. Within seconds the animal goes into a state of sleep and then passes out.

Several studies have shown this to be true by taking EEGs and ECGs showing more spikes with the stunning method as compared to zero or little spikes compared to the Halaal method.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom