What's new

Foxconn to Build $10 Billion Apple Manufacturing Plant in Maharashtra, India

We have some concern with investments from China, but our doors are wide open for other Asian countries like Japan, Taiwan and S.Korea. Our bilateral relations with Taiwan has improved a lot since 1990s, together we have set up The India-Taipei Association in Taipei and The Taipei Economic and Cultural Centre in New Delhi.

I know how it works.

US also has that association. That means Taiwan is a region, not a country. :partay: I wish you could find just one better way to express your idea other than type in bold. But reality is bolder, obviously.

We see your doors are open to investment too all countries as well as China's Mainland and Taiwan; that's for sure. Problem is, how much of it you will get. The general consensus is India is corrupt, low-efficient and horrendous business environment.

As a part of its "Look East" foreign policy, India has sought to cultivate extensive ties with Taiwan in trade and investment as well as developing co-operation in science & technology, environment issues and people-to-people exchanges. Both the nations have aimed to develop deeper ties for mutual cooperation and development. And looks like Taiwanese investments are going to increase manifold in India.

Yes, I also studied look east policy; another dream sale. Everybody is looking at all directions. India has been looking east for some 50 years, in fact.

Is that many firms in service sector in China are SOE? I confuse with that figure, according to world bank consumption in China is like 36.5%. How can they come up with that number?
Household expenditure
http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NE.CON.PETC.ZS
Final expenditure
http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NE.CON.TETC.ZS

I still think manufacturing still bigger than service in China

Consumption..36.5%?
In 2015 consumption contribution to economic growth rate of is more than 60% and in the first quarter of this year is still the trend.

That's Chinese view, as long as we are accepting Taiwanese passports and issuing them visa, it is a separate independent country for us.

We are also doing business with them...like Foxconn.. :)
Well,maybe you cannot even find Taiwan in the map or know its history.
This involves wars in WW2,China's civil war,Japan's invasion.
Not that Taiwanese≠Chinese.
Taiwan native only accounts for <2% of total population,the rest have the same blood with Chinese (Han,闽南民系,same with Fujian province.)
They use Mandarin and speak 闽南 dialect(commonly used in Fujian and Taiwan)
Manchu,Hui,Bai are so less to be negligible.

Plz learn something to enrich yourself...Especially if you are not familiar with the subject.

Taiwan not just has one name.

Last edited:
Well,maybe you cannot even find Taiwan in the map or know its history.
This involves wars in WW2,China's civil war,Japan's invasion.
Not that Taiwanese≠Chinese.
Taiwan native only accounts for <2% of total population,the rest have the same blood with Chinese (Han,闽南民系,same with Fujian province.)
They use Mandarin and speak 闽南 dialect(commonly used in Fujian and Taiwan)
Manchu,Hui,Bai are so less to be negligible.

So what? Just like the way N.Korea and S.Korea are two countries, India-Pakistan-Bangladesh are three countries, and East Germany and West Germany were two countries, the same way China and Taiwan are two countries. All countries deal with Taiwan independently without seeking China's approval. All the dealings we are doing with Taiwan including the Foxconn deal are bilateral without any involvement of China. :)

So what? Just like the way N.Korea and S.Korea are two countries, India-Pakistan-Bangladesh are three countries, and East Germany and West Germany were two countries, the same way China and Taiwan are two countries. All countries deal with Taiwan independently without seeking China's approval. All the dealings we are doing with Taiwan including the Foxconn deal are bilateral without any involvement of China. :)
You seem trying to argue with me about Taiwanese origin.
And plz to be more accurate,PRC and ROC.(If you regard it as an independent country.)
Otherwise it is way too misleading.
Ambiguous political propaganda (news,wiki or sth) always forces me to educate others.

So chinese have destroyed Taiwanese culture and made them a minority in their own homeland?
Hackneyed and stereotyped expressions.
In order to express the respect: Plz know the basic knowledge of Taiwan/ROC/province of China at first,then you can start to discuss with others.

There is no national contradiction in Taiwan.
It is just a secular place.
Manchu(minorities),Han and local live together with no contradiction.

If you have learned Mandarin,you can try to communicate with both of us in Douban Taiwan forum/Tianya Taiwan forum.

Last edited:
Foxconn is basically an assembling house.
This is good news for both India and East Asia.
Now more components will be bought from East Asia and China will have more value-added manufacturing. The question lies in implementation which is notorious in India.

And apparently, Foxconn is changing its strategy in China, investing more in cloud technology and likes as opposed to focusing on low-end assembling. Still, they continue to provide thousands of lows-skilled jobs with $800+ per month and free accommodation.
@TaiShang

I agree, India needs more jobs in Manufacturing regardless of how low tier they are. I hope Chinese manufacturers also set up shop in India

Why we don't just say "Congrat" to India ? India didn't make any wrong thing to receive Foxconn, right ?

For us India is not a nation, but a fake entity plastered together :D. But, foreigner's opinion does not count much.

How we choose to call us is what really matters.
Everyone has a right to deffer an opinion, it might b a new thing for you.. but everyone here and in rest of the world do practice and appreciate this.:coffee:

i mean this not % contribute to economic growth

Apparently, the service sector is about 51% gdp.

-1x-1.png

Services grew 8.3 percent last year and for the first time generated more than half of gross domestic product, or 50.5 percent.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-01-28/china-trumpets-its-service-economy

Last edited:
India wants the manufacturing business like anyone else would in a competing market. But on China, they are not setting themselves up for the Service industry. They are more focused on becomes a Productized-Market. Once you have products and the world uses them, creating a supporting service based sector comes naturally.

India's service sector wasn't just build by God or India. It was the US products companies like the Googles, SAP< Microsofts, IBM's, Accenture, Capgemini's of the world that linked Indian service (or labor) to the products of the above mentioned vendor. Resulting in creating that services based industry that has taken India to new highs on the world map. The Chinese want to be like the US (not like India) and want to control the product market. You control your customer if they use your products. The world is becoming a narrow circle where companies would compete against their product and services. If I was to guesstimate, IPhone 11 might be selling for $ 150-200, why? Because you have PLENTY of companies (including new Chinese entrants with Apple like capability) in the market. Apple dominated today's technology......tomorrow's, might come from Samsung, Sony, Huwaei, Mitsubishi or LG!! This market, features and tech is saturating VERY quickly.
You should know that I don't reply to you as you are listed in my ignore list. Thank you.

Why we don't just say "Congrat" to India ? India didn't make any wrong thing to receive Foxconn, right ?
Made in India is like piece of shit! Don't you see from Boeing parts that made in India, many lives death. So better make somewhere else and don't feed the Indian.

Back
Top Bottom