What's new

Former Australian PM: The US must share power with China

i think its safe to say in the coming years that China will influence the east and the US will continue to influence the west, however eventually China with its economic influence will more than likely take some if not all of the USA's influence on world policies.

I think its safe to say that the US will remain the dominant influence in the west and will end up with more influence in the east in 3 years than it had a decade ago.

I'm very very skeptical of any economic data that proclaims to show how things will be more than 5 years from now.

don't get your panties in a notch i'm just joking, besides its common sense to understand that China is a rising power and that it will clash with the US on terms of influence, and as for the last part of your post you should remember that you get more with sugar than vinegar.

Agreed on the Sugar vs Vinegar. Lets hope that America practices what it preaches, and moves away from Containment. The current path is a sure path to war and will cause both sides to be defensive.

I think its safe to say that the US will remain the dominant influence in the west and will end up with more influence in the east in 3 years than it had a decade ago.

I'm very very skeptical of any economic data that proclaims to show how things will be more than 5 years from now.

i agree with you but if the US wants to gain influence in the east it should prop ASEAN nations economically rather militarily because this would keep peace while gaining influence at the same time, kinda like keeping the status quo.

US will be lucky not to collapse economically with the current debt load. US is extremely vulnerable. It's not all great in the US as Americans as making it out to be. It's at the weakest point economically it's been since it became a major power.

US will be lucky not to collapse economically with the current debt load. US is extremely vulnerable. It's not all great in the US as Americans as making it out to be. It's at the weakest point economically it's been since it became a major power.

i wouldn't get my hopes up this happens all the time in a capitalist economy, history has shown to repeat itself and when the US hits a economic low point like it did in 2008 it manages to get back on top e.g the 1930's/40's depression >> 1950's/60's economic prosperity, 1970's/80's depression > 1990's/to mid 2000's prosperity. many economists call it a 20 year loop. however this is a problem because China is getting stronger and stronger by the day whereas the US is getting weaker and unless Obama or Romney can break the ice China will definitely make strides to surpass us

i wouldn't get my hopes up this happens all the time in a capitalist economy, history has shown to repeat itself and when the US hits a economic low point like it did in 2008 it manages to get back on top e.g the 1930's/40's depression >> 1950's/60's economic prosperity, 1970's/80's depression > 1990's/to mid 2000's prosperity. many economists call it a 20 year loop. however this is a problem because China is getting stronger and stronger by the day whereas the US is getting weaker and unless Obama or Romney can break the ice China will definitely make strides to surpass us

US has had its debt grow far more than its economy grow since 2008 crash. US is going into 10% budget deficit to get 2% growth. Its not getting better.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom