What's new

Flu Has Disappeared Worldwide during the COVID Pandemic

Vitamin D essential to build immunity. Especially useful against Covid-19.

It has, I read an article about it in the independent. Social distancing, sanitising surfaces and hands, wearing masks has drastically reduced flu cases.

I certainly think there are some parts of covid SOPs we should keep forever. Like hand sanitiser everywhere, regularly cleaning surfaces in public places and to an extent social distancing. If you're stood so close I can smell you then you're too close.

Also I think anyone with a cough or cold should limit going out if possible and certainly should wear a mask in public as common courtesy.

I had chronic cough issues since my combat deployment. I noticed, they are pretty much gone, since the spread of corona.

Holy Prophet said Allah has kept cure for every disease in Kalonji seeds except death. with absolute faith in the Hadees take half a teaspoon of Kalonji seeds with one teaspoon of honey twice a day (chew it). InShaAllah in two weeks Asthma will disappear. My personal experience, I take it only once a day before going to bed.

No! It hasn't. Specially because of allergies. I myself have to take anti allergy medicine specially during this season otherwise it leads to flu and sneezing followed by Asthma.

Flu kills a lot of people but it is also beneficial to mankind as a whole.

“By the toll of a billion deaths man has bought his birthright of the earth, and it is his against all comers; it would still be his were the Martians ten times as mighty as they are. For neither do men live nor die in vain.”

― H.G. Wells, The War of the Worlds

I think the article is about viral flu, not about allergic runny nose and asthma.
Well as far as i can tell i even had it last year i mean even during winter season which usually happens because of the virus.
Holy Prophet said Allah has kept cure for every disease in Kalonji seeds except death. with absolute faith in the Hadees take half a teaspoon of Kalonji seeds with one teaspoon of honey twice a day (chew it). InShaAllah in two weeks Asthma will disappear. My personal experience, I take it only once a day before going to bed.
Thanks! I dont have a chronic asthama and usually if i take care i dont need to take a medicine except Myteka for few days.

Masks and social distancing.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people who normally get sick, just didn't since the coronavirus started. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if a number of viruses saw a decline in infection rates.

There has been a sharp drop in nearly all well-known respiratory diseases in 2020 because people wore masks and practiced social distancing. However, even in the ideal situation where not even a single person catches flu, the influenza strains (particularly type A) will not disappear because of animal reservoirs.

There has been a sharp drop in nearly all well-known respiratory diseases in 2020 because people wore masks and practiced social distancing. However, even in the ideal situation where not even a single person catches flu, the influenza strains (particularly type A) will not disappear because of animal reservoirs.

Mask and social distancing have negligible effect. Virus spread on dust, by means of water cycle. Winds and clouds and rain and snow carry them far around the world. Air is not stagnant. It moves the way water moves in the ocean.

H.G. Wells
“By the toll of a billion deaths man has bought his birthright of the earth, and it is his against all comers; it would still be his were the Martians ten times as mighty as they are. For neither do men live nor die in vain.”

Last edited:
Mask and social distancing have negligible effect. Virus spread on dust, by means of water cycle. Winds and clouds and rain and snow carry them far around the world. Air is not stagnant. It moves the way water moves in the ocean.

H.G. Wells

What you are saying is that influenza is an airborne virus like covid-19. Masks are effective against influenza as they are effective against covid-19. If people who are sick wear masks, there will be less viruses in the air. Where do you think virus particles in the air come from?

H.G. Wells

You need a certain concentration of virus to successfully infect someone.You can’t infect someone with a mote of dust.

Back
Top Bottom