What's new

Flour Mills creating Artificial crisis

Government need to promote fair competitions ( with anti-trust legislations) and stay out of the market as far as possible. This is not the task of any government to intervene in the market. Foreign low price super chains like Carfoure, ASDA or TESCO should be allowed to operate in order to break the pricing monopoly practised by the local syndicates. We are still in the stone age in term of market economy.

I think it was last year when the media was all over telling the coutry about record govt wheat buying, so much so that the wheat bought didnt had ware house to be put in and tons of it was kept on ground in not so much good condition, I then thought that this 'surplus' will suerly bring the cost of wheat down but we saw increase in the price.... I expect the same again.

Doesnt capitalisim sucks, when providing basic human rights becomes an equation for profit or loss.

Government need to promote fair competitions ( with anti-trust legislations) and stay out of the market as far as possible. This is not the task of any government to intervene in the market. Foreign low price super chains like Carfoure, ASDA or TESCO should be allowed to operate in order to break the pricing monopoly practised by the local syndicates. We are still in the stone age in term of market economy.

This will lead to mass unemployment of all local shop owners and is bad for the economy.

Even in the UK, Local corner shops are closing down at an alarming rate. Last year alone 100's of such shops were closed.

Last edited:
Flour millers end strike after 5 days
July 12, 2010

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Flour Mills Association ended their 5-day strike on Monday and announced to resume work at flour mills, after successful talks with Federal Minister for Food and Agriculture Nazar Mohammad Gondal.

The federal minister while talking to the media in Islamabad said the demands of the flour mills association have been accepted after which the association announced to end its strike.

The flour mills association had observed a strike across Pakistan against inter-provincial wheat transportation and problems in exporting wheat.

Gondal assured the association that approval of the ECC will be sought to increase wheat export.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom