Status
Not open for further replies.

Beskar

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Greetings everyone!

A few days back I took the initiative to start a "Do it yourself" Flood Relief Operation because of the recent floods in KPK and Punjab. At first I decided that I'll gather my friends and family and collect donations and funds for this operation but decided that I'll involve another Pakistani Website for this noble cause. I was more than happy to know that Pakistan's "Firearms enthusiast" PG community gave me the opportunity to involve their little community in this effort. From there, it was a community effort. Generous donations, efforts and dedication shown by brothers from PG was the reason this was a success.

InshAllah Defence.Pk will launch a massive relief and rehabilitation operation soon.

If you want to donate for Phase-II, Send me a PM!

We were able to gather a good amount of funds from community members/friends and everything was planned effectively and instantly.

Our objective was to visit "Ground Zero" in KPK so we decided that we'd go to Peshawer, Chaar Sada, Nowshera, Nissat and Kalaant. Alhamdullilah the operation was a success and instant food and water was delivered to the flood victims.

Items included;

1. Water
2. Biscuits
3. Short Cakes
4. Sheermaal (Sweet Naan)
5. Buns
6. Potato Chips
7. Juices
8. Milk
9. Medicine (Aspirin)
10. Insect repellent coils
11. Matches

Before I go further, let me copy some of my previous posts so that you guys can get an idea about what I've observed during this operation.

I've just returned back from Peshawer, Nowshera, Kalaant, Nissad and Chaar saada and I can honestly tell you that except the army, there wasn't a single known NGO or a Government organized relief camp ANYWHERE. The Army rescued them when the water was 13 feet high, the Army provided them with water and food, the Army utilized its manpower and vehicles to move them to safety, the Army repaired the bridges, the Army restored order and the army reopened all the routes. (Will share some eye-opening pictures soon in a separate thread)

I think we have a "National Disaster Management Authority" somewhere in this country. Except for consuming huge amounts of funds from foreign aid, aren't they supposed to be doing something? Better yet, did they learn anything from the IDPs which was no less than a disaster? Happened during this government, should have taken some steps to prepare themselves for future.

Peshawer Motorway's green belt is now a refugee camp. Refugees and livestock living side by side.

Back from Peshawer, Nowshera, Kalaant, Chaar Sada, Nissata. Going back again soon probably, InshAllah.

If possible, please do NOT donate to ANY NGO, Government relief fund OR any private NGO. I have come back from the WORST possible area and there wasn't a single pint of water or a piece of bread for ANYONE since the last 4 days

No one from the government has approached the people who're dying right in the MIDDLE of the peshawer Motorway. The green belt in the middle of motorway is filled with hundreds and thousands of refugees living in tents, side-by-side with their live stock.

In very harsh and blunt words, screw the government and all the lootaira NGO's for not giving a crap about the people who're dying on roadsides. If you want to do something, contact your friends and families and ask them to arrange relief missions.

Do it yourself, there isn't any help coming by miles!

I think I'll let the pictures do the talking now. Thanks to PG Website and Forum for making this entire operation possible.

Day 1:

Taking as much as we could carry with us:

Day1a.jpg

Day1b.jpg

Things being packed at Kamran's house and loaded in three cars and a Suzuki Carry.

Day1ba.jpg

Day1c.jpg

Getting information from a NGO camped outside the motorway exit and asking for a volunteer to take us to the most affected areas.

Day1d.jpg

Scenes from Nowshera:

Day1e.jpg

Day1f_.jpg

Last edited:
Day1o.jpg

Day1p.jpg

What can one say:

Day1q.jpg

Distributing relief goods and candy to children and families camped on the main motorway:

Day1r.jpg

No place to sit with literally car loads of relief goods.

Day1s.jpg

DAY 2

Getting ready for the second round. Ordering and Packing goods in the morning:

Day2c.jpg

Day2d.jpg

Day2f.jpg

Last edited:
Bezerk Bro, i have no words to say for the work you have done.

Bravo brother, bravo.

Allah aap ko iss kaa ajar dae, Ameen.

InshAllah Phase-II will either be a joint operation or a "Defence.pk only operation" which I will supervise and plan myself. I'm sure TaimiKhan will come forward and help me out with Phase-II.

If anyone wants to donate, please send me a PM.

Last edited:
Bezerk.........I salute you.....I don't have words to thank you what you did for people of KP.

MjNaushad;

Its our duty to help out our countrymen in need. If anything, I'd salute my brothers in arms who've made this possible. The people of KP helped us out in this relief effort and with their help we were able to help out the needy and desperate.

More pictures and video will be uploaded soon. Stay tuned!

MjNaushad;

Its our duty to help out our countrymen in need. If anything, I'd salute my brothers in arms who've made this possible. The people of KP helped us out in this relief effort and with their help we were able to help out the needy and desperate.

More pictures and video will be uploaded soon. Stay tuned!
BTW which one is you in the pics :) or you want this to keep confidential because of your status on this site. You might not want some banned member coming looking for you :D

Great work Bro. That was awesome job. Feeling really proud of you. Indeed they are our country men and w should help them in every situation.

:yahoo::pakistan:

BTW which one is you in the pics :) or you want this to keep confidential because of your status on this site. You might not want some banned member coming looking for you :D

Take your pick.

By the way, couldn't care less about the banned members. There's a reason why they're called "Banned" and will continue to remain in that condition. ;)

Lets stick to the topic for now.

Wonderful work Bezerk.

Actions truly do speak louder than words.

Great Great work man !

May ALLAH Give you more Power & Courage to do for Victims.

Kash ma b apke sath ye sab kar sakta :sad:

I think there should be some kind of flood relief donations setup on this forum by moderators. so forum members can donate the money by their credit cards or checks whoever can afford.. This would be great work.. Many forum members are outside of country and they can donate on other NGO websites by credit cards.but if someone can setup collecting donations system on this forum and willing to distribute to flood affected people it would be great. The major benefit for donating on this forum is that at least everyone knows the credibility of this forum and wont be hesitating in donating money.

Dear Bezerk,
May I suggest you to change items in your package.
I advise to remove chips etc. and add bread and hot dogs.
Since, you are not airdroping your packages than consider using larger water bottels than those small ones.
Jazak Allah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom