What's new

First impression of P-17A stealth frigates

Kinetic

BANNED
Reaction score
http://www.grse.gov.in/event_gallery/example/images/History_Book/GRSE_Coffee Table Book_low_059.jpg

GRSE_Coffee%20Table%20Book_low_059.jpg

Now another one

DNODq5j_V4_AARs_EL.jpg

Note the secondary gun!!! It will have Brahmos-2 and LRSAM.

@Windjammer :D

Last edited:
How many being built

And delivry schedule

Is this the follow on ship from the Shivailk below

7694c6988dc979bb531b3fe321348c0d.jpg

Rather than just 3, we should continue building building Kolkata class desyroyers.

the second gun seems like a Rail gun , is India working on any ?

the second gun seems like a Rail gun , is India working on any ?

Initial work done way back in 1993

Here is the detail publication of the tech... :pop:

http://publications.drdo.gov.in/ojs/index.php/dsj/article/viewFile/4160/2422
Railgun
S. G. Talake, K. J. Daniel, K. R. Rao, A. A. Ghosh, I. I. Khan

Abstract

A railgun using cwas developed to launch hypervelocity projectiles. A 240 kJ, low inductance capacitor bank operating at 5 kV powered the railgun. Launchers and projectiles were designed and developed for this purpose. The currents producing the launch forces of the order of hundreds of kA. Even very low impedances for the current through the railgun circuit are substantial sources of energy losses. A simulation code was developed to optimise the performance of the railgun. Control and instrumentation facilities were set up along with a computer-based data acquisition system for measurement and analysis. The capacity to launch projectiles of 3-3.5 g weight to a velocity of more than 2.00 km/s was demonstrated.

Keywords

Simulation; Data acquisition; Computer based data acquisition system;Hypervelocity projectiles;Electromagnetic propulsion

I read some where they restarted the work 3/4 years back.

A naval version of ATAGS is also on offering which can fire guided shell upto 60 km.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom