What's new

First Al-Khalid 1 unit formed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we plan on including the remaining 4 at latter stage or will this be the final version till a new tank comes in?

Jane's refers to Al-Khalid 2 as Al-Khalid I.

Since 2009, AK production has been extremely slow due to a number of reasons (mainly budgetary constraints). The 4 upgrades could be applied later when AK 2 undergoes some form of half-life upgrade (which is many years / decades away). Don't expect anything soon.

The first unit of Al-Khalid 1 MBTs has been formed. The unit has 21 tanks. Four more Al-Khalid 1 units (each with 21 tanks) are in the procurement pipeline. Small batch production started in early 2013.

300 Al-Khalid's were built from early 2000's till the end of 2012.

ak-1-png.368733
i think we should take a step to build another plant to increase its production
also go for other tank options like Atlay

i think we should take a step to build another plant to increase its production
also go for other tank options like Atlay
The existing production line needs an upgrade which will increase the yearly prod rate from 40 to 60 by increased automation along the line.

Reactions: HRK
The existing production line needs an upgrade which will increase the yearly prod rate from 40 to 60 by increased automation along the line.

Yea and we need it
And we need to have two more types of tanks like Atlay

Since 2009, AK production has been extremely slow due to a number of reasons (mainly budgetary constraints). The 4 upgrades could be applied later when AK 2 undergoes some form of half-life upgrade (which is many years / decades away). Don't expect anything soon.

AK II is a new variant with a bigger 1500 HP power plant,up armoured along with electronic upgrade but retaining the 125 MM smoothbore.

While AK I is an upgrade of the basic AK, first appeared in 2010/11.

AK II is a new variant with a bigger 1500 HP power plant,up armoured along with electronic upgrade but retaining the 125 MM smoothbore.

While AK I is an upgrade of the basic AK, first appeared in 2010/11.

Al-Khalid I i.e. improved. Not 1.

Jf-17 has 58% indigenous content. What is the figure for alkhalid 1 tank?

Does Pakistan AKs have APS installed on them or not as not given in specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom