Fireball streaks across night sky in Guangxi

aimarraul

Reaction score
Fireball streaks across night sky in Guangxi

* Source: Global Times
* [02:27 August 13 2010]
* Comments

By Peng Pu

Sightings of a big 'fireball' flashing across the sky last night were reported over the city of Liuzhou in South China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, many at the scene believing the light to be an unidentified flying object.

Many local residents reported they witnessed the phenomenon in different locations in the region over 20 minutes, but no official explanation was given on the issue, China News Service (CNS) reported Thursday.

The incident follows another recent UFO sighting over Xiaoshan Airport, Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province early in July.

The basketball-sized flying object appeared in the Liuzhou area, an industrial center of 3.7 million residents, around 9:40 pm on Wednesday.

It flashed green and white light and had a red tail, flying from northwest to southeast, CNS reported.

Internet users claiming to witness the scene posted numerous messages on baidu. com. Although there are some conflicting accounts as to the color and shape, most believe it to be a UFO.

"After I drove up to a bridge, I suddenly saw an oval-shaped fireball over my head. Before I could react, it had already flown a few hundred meters ahead and its tail vanished. At first I thought it was fireworks, but there was no one shooting fireworks around," one post read on the forum.

CNS reported that residents in many other districts near Liuzhou, such as Liujiang, Rongan, Xiangzhou, also admit to have seen a similar-looking object in the sky.

A researcher at the local Science and Technology Museum surnamed Yu confirmed the incident to the Global Times Thursday.

However, he could not give official explanation.

"I witnessed the flaming-red object. My supervisor and I were talking and thought maybe it could be some sort of cosmic fireball or a type of shooting star," he said.

Early on July 7, a 'UFO' was also seen hovering over Hangzhou, capital of east China's Zhejiang Province, which as a result caused Xiaoshan Airport to close down for an hour. Experts later claimed the object to be experimental aircraft without confirming its identity.

The media has reported more than eight UFO incidents since June 30.

Back
Top Bottom