What's new

"Fire Free" Turkish military exercise 2014

BaybarsHan

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
A little equipment test... Cirit, Atak T129, Firtina T-155 Howitzer, Leopard 2 A4, MPT-76 and other toys

387f82a5e56650f6cda9f4e280cc1df4.jpg

5c089fe945706830e4877ff69049e7e2.jpg

bceaf583b073c061e63e857d6ba003ff.jpg

f2a5533b88694e0ec2230c0d656ccb48.jpg

a1e60b043fa5ba266e168fbb396140e7.jpg

Any Leo 2A4 updated to NG?

Due to difficulties with German firms, apparently NG project is dead. There was no intentions to upgrade the existing -2A4 fleet BTW, NG is a in-house project developed by Aselsan with upgraded Volkan FCS and foreign armour kits. Neither SSM nor TSK requested such an upgrade.

In video, speaker says : "... leopard2a4 tanks modernized by aselsan hit their targets.....",

I guess inner modernizations ( fcs etc.) has being done to some leo2s by aselsan. Some sound inside me wispers: They are waiting for roketsans armour (for altay ) to donate the leo2s.

In video, speaker says : "... leopard2a4 tanks modernized by aselsan hit their targets.....",

I guess inner modernizations ( fcs etc.) has being done to some leo2s by aselsan. Some sound inside me wispers: They are waiting for roketsans armour (for altay ) to donate the leo2s.
Yeah he said that they have been upgraded.

@cabatli_53 have you heard anything about this?

Yes, some Leopards, I believe 15 were modernized by Aselsan for Free. If TSK liked it they were hoping for follow on orders, nothing announced yet.

Yeah he said that they have been upgraded.

@cabatli_53 have you heard anything about this?

Bro, Roketsan BKM carried out national ballistic armour conceptual design for Leopard-2NG modernization projects of Aselsan. It is also said that Aselsan upgraded some Leo's. Most probably, Turkish Army will wait Roketsan/Aselsan upgrade package instead of current NG...

Bro, Roketsan BKM carried out national ballistic armour conceptual design for Leopard-2NG modernization projects of Aselsan. It is also said that Aselsan upgraded some Leo's. Most probably, Turkish Army will wait Roketsan/Aselsan upgrade package instead of current NG...
Thanks bro.

Back
Top Bottom