What's new

Fire fighters control Landhi, Korangi blazes

Trooper

Reaction score
KARACHI: After a continuous effort of five-hours, the fire fighters have managed to overcome the fires at chemical warehouse In Landhi and a textile factory in Korangi industrial area.

No casualties were reported in both the incidents of fire.

The fire erupted in chemical stored in an open place in the Chemical Factory in Landhi at 12:00 noon on Thursday. Soon the flames engulfed the entire factory.

Fire tenders and snorkels from across the city were immediately called in to overcome the blaze. While the fire fighters were engaged in fire extinguishing exercise another incident of fire occurred at textile factory in Korangi industrial area at 12:30 pm.

Goods worth hundreds of thousands rupees were gutted by the heavy fire which according to police, was caused by a short circuit in a cloth store located at the first floor of the textile factory in Korangi. The fire engulfed the whole floor within no time.

The factory was immediately evacuated of the employees.

Thick black smoke covered the sky above and around the factory. The factory management stopped the media from entering the factory to cover the incident, in view of safety reasons.

The fire fighting was hampered by presence of only one entrance to the factory building, the fire fighters said.

The fire fighters efforts’ culminated in success after five hours struggle to overcome the two blazes.

I salute our poor firemen. They do a very difficult job at great personal peril,with pathetic resources. They get paid pittance and get tiddly winks if one of these poor blokes dies in a fire. We really need to highlight this fact nationally and laud their services
WaSalam
Araz

Firefighters are a nations heroes, just like soldiers. Their service needs to be recognized and they deserve better equipment. If we can give tanks, ships and planes to our military, we can give better fire engines and saftey equipment and training to our firefighters.

how true. in many countries firefighters are practically neglected. i have noticed how in USA the profession of firefighting has a much higher stance in society than in most other countries. but the fact is that the firefighters risk their lives more often than soldiers. they save lives, instead of taking them. and yet they are ignored. we really have to change that mindset

Well one thing I dont understand .

Can you explain to me.

Who the hell is burning fire every day.why not gov orders inquiry.

MQM chief has already said that fires seem to be some sort of conspiracy not accident.

Believe it I have never seen fires in Karachi in such a high frequency in one day there were three 3 Major fires.

are they mere accident or planned move.

Well one thing I dont understand .

Can you explain to me.

Who the hell is burning fire every day.why not gov orders inquiry.

MQM chief has already said that fires seem to be some sort of conspiracy not accident.

Believe it I have never seen fires in Karachi in such a high frequency in one day there were three 3 Major fires.

are they mere accident or planned move.

yes,you are right and this is the thing to think about.but i think no one is interested to do so from our government...........and the situations are getting worse day by day.:cry:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom