What's new

Finnish Defence Forces

Army will upgrade Russian build BMP-2 IFVs. The Finnish army is going to decide after testing which company will upgrade the BMPs, they will be upgraded with new driver & gunner night vision equipment and "stealth" camouflage (Im guessing its anti-thermal imaging camo-net). After the upgrades are done, the BMP-2s will be in service to 2030.
BMP-2 At Niinisalo artillery brigade training
1288554792469.jpg

Lippupäivän paraati 2013, Flag day parade, it was held today at 1pm.
Not as big as the independence day parades.

Last edited by a moderator:
Respect to the FDF a potent fighting force.

I think PAC should sell them their Mushak and K-8s along with other products from POF, HMC, HIT and other products from KRL, NESCOM and GIDS to them and other EU countries...

@Vanezi

There's one thing I love about Scandinavian countries, particularly the Swedes and the Finns. Both are extremely liberal and open minded countries, driven to peace and right rule of law. Both these countries are economically powerful with prosperous and educated citizens having a very friendly attitude towards outsiders.

However, you guys are no push-overs. Both of you (Finland and Sweden) have militaries designed to withstand the forces of countries much larger than yourselves and yet cause enough damage to make them reconsider their invasion. The way Finns held out against Boleshviks was very impressive even with sustained losses.

Personally, during my visit to your country Finland, I have enjoyed my stay in Helsinki, Malmo, Kemljarvi, Oulu and Rovaniemi.

Loved everything about Finland except its expenses. For an Indian like myself, it is quite expensive to stay over for a week if it was not for an official assignment.

I think PAC should sell them their Mushak and K-8s along with other products from POF, HMC, HIT and other products from KRL, NESCOM and GIDS to them and other EU countries...

Finland has a powerful aerospace power just beside itself; Sweden. Besides, why would they need to re-arm so fast? There's no war for them and Scandinavians live in probably one of the most peaceful regions of the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom