What's new

Fighting the Pakistan Dushman (Enemy) Taliban by Atta Rasul Malik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaheerul Hassan

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
:pakistan:Few months back I have said good bye to uniform. But my men, my Regiment is still there in Makeen, home town of Baitullah Mehsood, a village in South Waziristan. Baitullah Mehsood, who was accidentally killed by American in drone attack on 5 August 2009, was beyond doubt a “man” of our adversaries. However, as far as I remember by and large he was a good enemy. He was brave, man of words and excellent in negotiations. Quite often he was hung in between lust of money and power on one side and love of Pakistan the opposite. However, his grading as chieftain of Mehsood tribe is low. He motivated young boys even from his own tribe to explode (suicide bombing) to deter his enemies. To me such a crime committed by Chieftain of a tribe is unforgivable because Clan leader, like President of the country is fatherly figure. This was one aspect where Baitullah did not have argument once confronted in private.

I am soldier and appreciate soldierly qualities. Taliban are brave and excellent fighters. I always told my fellow officers and soldiers to fight them like warriors, an old tradition of fighting and same taught by our Prophet. Kill those who fight you, no “collateral damage” even if the cost is high. Kill them but don’t humiliate them.

Taliban may not deserve life but deserve respect. No collective punishment, this is wrong in 21st century .Let the bunch of great warriors, Mahsood tribe know, their chieftains don’t represent them well and Pak army is not carried by sheer revenge. In fact these were the instructions/teaching of my veteran unit officer who happens to be the Corps Commander of western front, Lt Gen Masood Aslam.

Taliban, Pakistani Taliban or in fact Pakistan Dushman Taliban, have caused great loss to international peace in general and people and state of Pakistan in particular. They have inflicted huge losses to Pak Army both in men and material even they attacked GHQ .But attack on GHQ, to my mind was not a big issue .Our enemies selected important target and performed well, though their performance could not be compared with Pakistan Army extraordinary act of bravery while attacking at Taliban HQ at Peochar, Swat.

At few occasions, I was extremely sad i.e. during burial of Shaheed General Javed Sultan while seeing the face of his old father, 7 Feb 2008, Peshawar suicide bombing 29, Oct 2009 and now at Lucki Murawat bombing 1 Jan 2010 where hundreds of poor innocent people lost their lives. But one incident has really moved me and forced me to think differently, killing of young boys in mosque at parade lane on 4 Dec, 2009. That day, I remember, I told my mother; Mom General Masood, my unit officer‘s only son has been killed while offering Friday prayer in mosque. My mother wept and wept bitterly. She knew this was a terrible loss for any father at this age.
However, my grief, my line of thought was different. The way young ones were killed in mosque was more tragic than the killing itself. Clung to mosque floor with their eyes wide open unable to even cry for help were sprayed with bullets. Oh custodian of Islam what have you done?????? Among them was Hashim Masood , the only son of General Masood. I believe if Baitullah Masood was alive even he would have not tolerated this limitless brutality of his men.

Many fathers have lost their only son during this war of terror. So many families totally ruined. Each tale worthy of mourning but General Masood case is different. He has been fighting Taliban like a gentleman, giving them a clean fight, continuously warning to troops no collateral damage, no collective punishment.

So my grief and question is why Taliban have foul played and continue to play foul even today? What should Pakistan Army do? Who is guilty of abetment to Taliban will be analyzed and responded later. Issue at the moment is how to deal with front man i.e. Taliban?

Can some one help teach Taliban, ethics of war or suggest ways how to build patience of Pak Army not to respond in same coin?

Author is Pak Army soldier and can be reached at: attarasul@hotmail.com

An excellent piece of work.

Hope we see more of such articles from people who have served on the front and know much more then we do.

I think his point of view is true reflection of every Pakistani

:pakistan:Few months back I have said good bye to uniform. But my men, my Regiment is still there in Makeen, home town of Baitullah Mehsood, a village in South Waziristan. Baitullah Mehsood, who was accidentally killed by American in drone attack on 5 August 2009, was beyond doubt a “man” of our adversaries. However, as far as I remember by and large he was a good enemy. He was brave, man of words and excellent in negotiations. Quite often he was hung in between lust of money and power on one side and love of Pakistan the opposite. However, his grading as chieftain of Mehsood tribe is low. He motivated young boys even from his own tribe to explode (suicide bombing) to deter his enemies. To me such a crime committed by Chieftain of a tribe is unforgivable because Clan leader, like President of the country is fatherly figure. This was one aspect where Baitullah did not have argument once confronted in private.

I am soldier and appreciate soldierly qualities. Taliban are brave and excellent fighters. I always told my fellow officers and soldiers to fight them like warriors, an old tradition of fighting and same taught by our Prophet. Kill those who fight you, no “collateral damage” even if the cost is high. Kill them but don’t humiliate them.

Taliban may not deserve life but deserve respect. No collective punishment, this is wrong in 21st century .Let the bunch of great warriors, Mahsood tribe know, their chieftains don’t represent them well and Pak army is not carried by sheer revenge. In fact these were the instructions/teaching of my veteran unit officer who happens to be the Corps Commander of western front, Lt Gen Masood Aslam.

Taliban, Pakistani Taliban or in fact Pakistan Dushman Taliban, have caused great loss to international peace in general and people and state of Pakistan in particular. They have inflicted huge losses to Pak Army both in men and material even they attacked GHQ .But attack on GHQ, to my mind was not a big issue .Our enemies selected important target and performed well, though their performance could not be compared with Pakistan Army extraordinary act of bravery while attacking at Taliban HQ at Peochar, Swat.

At few occasions, I was extremely sad i.e. during burial of Shaheed General Javed Sultan while seeing the face of his old father, 7 Feb 2008, Peshawar suicide bombing 29, Oct 2009 and now at Lucki Murawat bombing 1 Jan 2010 where hundreds of poor innocent people lost their lives. But one incident has really moved me and forced me to think differently, killing of young boys in mosque at parade lane on 4 Dec, 2009. That day, I remember, I told my mother; Mom General Masood, my unit officer‘s only son has been killed while offering Friday prayer in mosque. My mother wept and wept bitterly. She knew this was a terrible loss for any father at this age.
However, my grief, my line of thought was different. The way young ones were killed in mosque was more tragic than the killing itself. Clung to mosque floor with their eyes wide open unable to even cry for help were sprayed with bullets. Oh custodian of Islam what have you done?????? Among them was Hashim Masood , the only son of General Masood. I believe if Baitullah Masood was alive even he would have not tolerated this limitless brutality of his men.

Many fathers have lost their only son during this war of terror. So many families totally ruined. Each tale worthy of mourning but General Masood case is different. He has been fighting Taliban like a gentleman, giving them a clean fight, continuously warning to troops no collateral damage, no collective punishment.

So my grief and question is why Taliban have foul played and continue to play foul even today? What should Pakistan Army do? Who is guilty of abetment to Taliban will be analyzed and responded later. Issue at the moment is how to deal with front man i.e. Taliban?

Can some one help teach Taliban, ethics of war or suggest ways how to build patience of Pak Army not to respond in same coin?

This is the real face of terrorism. They dont play by any rules. for them, ends justify the means. And the end is to kill and spread terror. Their only alligience is to their fundamentalism and warped sense of whats right and wrong. :eek:

The terrorist baituall was neither great nor good in negotiations. He was rescued and armed many times by americans and Indians, protected by them from Pakistan Army and grounds for his negotiations also made by the americans by themseleves. He had no significant contributions in his terror against Pakistan. He was a front man only, which is eliminated nicely when he become no longer useless to his master. NO ACCIDENTAL DEATH.

Fighting a gaurilla was with the help of arms and communication systems, not even available to Pakistan army is no big deal for those who live in mountains.

Taliban, Pakistani Taliban or in fact Pakistan Dushman Taliban

If the writer is trying to eliminate distinction between Afghan Taliban and the terrorists mounted by the americans and Indians, he must know he is totally failed. Afghan Taliban and the terrorists popularised as Pakistani Taliban has no match with each other. One is fighting against the foreign occupation of their country and other is powered by the same foreign country with his puppy's help to destablise Pakistan.

have caused great loss to international peace in general and people and state of Pakistan in particular

Threat to internationa peace??? The threat to internation peace is from American, Israel and India etc not from those who are living in mountains and caves.

However, my grief, my line of thought was different. The way young ones were killed in mosque was more tragic than the killing itself. Clung to mosque floor with their eyes wide open unable to even cry for help were sprayed with bullets. Oh custodian of Islam what have you done??????

I can not believe that a retired army officers, who performed his duties in troubled areas can call them A CUSTODIAN OF ISLAM. This is nothing more than a joke.

Call your masters in Pantagon, they can teach them within no time. As these terrorists do what their master order them to do.

Can someone please invite the author to join us here in the discussion? Many of us would love to have a little chat with him.

Zaheer Sahab, I hope this person would be a good contact of yours and you know each other well enough.

"I can not believe that a retired army officers, who performed his duties in troubled areas can call them A CUSTODIAN OF ISLAM. This is nothing more than a joke."

He is not calling the Taliban as the custodian of Islam, try to read it again and get the msg.

I think the writer is... But it is bit of satisfaction for me if he is not. However, if you different analysis of this piece of information, kindly share with us.

The terrorist baituall was neither great nor good in negotiations. He was rescued and armed many times by americans and Indians, protected by them from Pakistan Army and grounds for his negotiations also made by the americans by themseleves. He had no significant contributions in his terror against Pakistan. He was a front man only, which is eliminated nicely when he become no longer useless to his master. NO ACCIDENTAL DEATH..
You are so confident as you know Baitulla personally. is it?

If the writer is trying to eliminate distinction between Afghan Taliban and the terrorists mounted by the americans and Indians, he must know he is totally failed. Afghan Taliban and the terrorists popularised as Pakistani Taliban has no match with each other. One is fighting against the foreign occupation of their country and other is powered by the same foreign country with his puppy's help to destablise Pakistan..

I think writer is saying the same. He is not eliminating the distinction.

I can not believe that a retired army officers, who performed his duties in troubled areas can call them A CUSTODIAN OF ISLAM. This is nothing more than a joke.

If you can not feel the irony / satire of this sentence then you dont have the right to comment like that.

Call your masters in Pantagon, they can teach them within no time. As these terrorists do what their master order them to do.

Pantagon is not the master of pakistan army....... word "YOUR" is direct attack on writer / army and this is not fair.

Zaheer Sahab, I hope this person would be a good contact of yours and you know each other well enough.

Forum are always meant for ideas discussion and not of personalities. this sentence of yours is trying to reduce the importance of this article, but you are a failure.

Regards

killing of young boys in mosque at parade lane on 4 Dec, 2009.
Writer, Are you sure, this brutal act was performed by some "Talib"? Imagine someone is comming and killing children with great confident and satisfaction as he is not afraid of any one...... dont you think, this confidence may emerge due to some support......
to me it is very important to diagnose our actual enemy.

Do not play with words, when words are written on the wall:tdown:

You are so confident as you know Baitulla personally. is it?
Do you know him personally? And can guarentee us that he was a good warrior as well as negotioator??? Or can you confirm us that he had really received an accidental death??? Or do you know the writer personally and guarentee us that what he wrote is absolute truth and not the propaganda? So that we can blindly trust on the writer...

I think writer is saying the same. He is not eliminating the distinction.
YOU THINK???

I think not, that is why I wrote.

If you can not feel the irony / satire of this sentence then you dont have the right to comment like that.

What is the issue of Satire/insincerity in my sentace??? Expand yourself first then we shall figure out the right to comment. What you say?

Pantagon is not the master of pakistan army....... word "YOUR" is direct attack on writer / army and this is not fair.

classic, do not make yourself fool and others too. Everyone can read what is written and can understand. I really do not have any need to EXPLAIN that pantagon are masters of terrorists called as taliban by the writer. And as far as word "YOUR" is concern, a fomer military officer can not be that innocent. He must know himself, as he may himself receovered several dead bodies of the terrorists and their arms etc, that that the arms revovered from these terrorists are mainly from India and dead bodies also confirm that many of them are not even Muslim and also this is widely achnoledged truth that India enjoy full support from USA to conduct terrorists activities in Pakistan. How a writer, a former military officer, who had just retired couple of months before, can not know that what these terrorists are supposed for?

Forum are always meant for ideas discussion and not of personalities. this sentence of yours is trying to reduce the importance of this article, but you are a failure.

Not only this sentance but my whole post is to reduce the so called importance of this possibly fake article of a possibly fake writer. Whether it is failure or not, everybody knows that good enough.

Also Mr. Zaheer is my contact, I had also shared concerns with him in direct email and also email the writer, inviting him to introduce him and let us know, what he think about our conerns. As you may or may not know, that I run my own site, where we publish article etc.

Jigar jee, express your opinion instead of cluttering what I wrote right and what I wrote wrong. If the forums are for discussions, then express your opinion with logic.

OK. Will you please tell me that whether a military officer, who had just retired from the military can write such articles to publishing in newspapers and/or over internet etc? Please guide me, your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
killing of young boys in mosque at parade lane on 4 Dec, 2009.
Writer, Are you sure, this brutal act was performed by some "Talib"? Imagine someone is comming and killing children with great confident and satisfaction as he is not afraid of any one...... dont you think, this confidence may emerge due to some support......
to me it is very important to diagnose our actual enemy.
:hitwall:

Where the hell, the writer wrote that this act commited by Talib?????? :flame:
:yahoo:
:P
:hang2:
:tdown:

Don't blame writer, yea:sniper:

Your second post is to start discussion on the article on the same lines, the writer choosed. Am I wrong?:oops:

1.Once you are abusing a nation, no one will listen you unless you promote someone from them. this article, i think, is addressing Mehsood tribe also. so anything written in favour of Baitulla may be taken in this regard.
2. warriors, ... no doubt our tribal people are warlords, and they are second to none.
3. Yes if there is no distinction between pakistani and afghani taliban then it is wrong. afghani Taliban have the right to fight against someone who captured their homeland.
4. Custodian of Islam.... this is an irony/satire cause the actual slogan of taliban is Islam.
5. if this "fake article" is a propaganda, then we must decide, who is the benificiary of it?
6. do we have the right to oppose collective damage against tribal areas in upper mentioned situation as military commander of that area has lost his only son.
7. Pantagon, our masters.... you may be right but we must not confess it at least.
8. you are right , let the writer come and explain it.

regards.

1.a abusing? what abusement did u noticed? oh, you are coming on that point in your next points, ok.
1.b AGAIN YOU THINK????? I think not, that is why I wrote.
2. Tribals are neither warriors nor warlords. Having a 10, 12 foot long machine gun in your hand and firing on mountains blindly does not make you warrior or war lord. Even if you are possessing that gun since your birth. The tribals of Pakistan are not fighting with Pakistan Army, these are only and only terrorists. The tribals are peacefuly living, though they are suffering heavily due to terrorists, mainly consists of criminals, drug dealers, smugllers, gangsters and their non-pakistani helpers, which are not even muslims.
3. Thanks you agreed on something, at least.
4. This is NOT irony/satire cause the main slogan of these terrorists is not Islam. Nor they are taliban. They are terrorists and only terrorists. Don't be a stupid. One side you saying their main slogan is Islam, the other side you acknoledging that they (The word TALIB, you used) are killing those who offer prays five times a day in the mosque and they destroy the mosque too. Do you really think that someone is going to believe you?????????????????????? They have no SLOGAN, they only have MOTIVE and the motive is to spread terror as much as possible, make masters happy and fill pockets with money etc etc.
5. IF this article is fake(even if it is not), the benficiery, according to the best of my understanding, are the enemies of Pakistan, who want to destablise Pakistan by using all means including propaganda over electronic and print media and over internet too.
6. collective damage, colateral damage, don't try to become a military expert. Say wrong to wrong and say right to right. Simple as that.
7. classy, donot try to manupulate my posts. DO NOT. This way you only making yourself fool and to no one. Do you really think that by making a new account, in order to respond only to this post, you can make fool to others? Your presence in this forum is itself a suspicion. Isn't it? Pantagon would be your and your mother's and your daddy's master, but they are neither the master of this country nor of this nation. and they can't be.
8. go get the writer, send him email, request him to join us, if possible offer him some remuneration. We all are waiting to see him. I pray for your success.

Pantagon would be your and your mother's and your daddy's master, but they are neither the master of this country nor of this nation. and they can't be.

1. Running a site does not make some one Intellectual.

2. When someone has no logic, he tries to bully, that is how you are behaving.

3. Some one may respond to any article, any time. Any responce may be the first. at least we need to start from some where.

4. Patriotism is not only your property. or you are not the CUSTODIAN of patriotism.

5. you have been attacking on personalities throughout.

6. I can Simply respond you .......ILL-MANNERED. behave youself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom