What's new

Fifth-Generation Fighter Aircraft for the IAF: A Mirage or Reality

Shahzaz ud din

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Fifth-Generation Fighter Aircraft for the IAF: A Mirage or Reality?
Sukhoi-PAF-FA.jpg

n military planning, it is essential to keep abreast of the potential adversary’s capabilities. The main reason the Indian Air Force (IAF) needs a fifth-generation fighter is to maintain approximate parity if not superiority over the People’s Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF) and to a lesser extent the Pakistan Air Force (PAF). Yet, most analysts believe it will take time for the PLAAF to build a large fleet of fifth-generation fighters, overcoming the problems of incorporating true stealth and ..

Read more at:
http://www.indiandefencereview.com/...ter-aircraft-for-the-iaf-a-mirage-or-reality/

India has to build its own planes, other than that it will never be able to compete. they are already worlds biggest importers of arms, the gap will keep widening if their R&D doesnt catch up, even Pakistan is way ahead of India in indigenization.

India has to build its own planes, other than that it will never be able to compete. they are already worlds biggest importers of arms, the gap will keep widening if their R&D doesnt catch up, even Pakistan is way ahead of India in indigenization.

Define "Way Ahead"

Bro you lives in dreams get real bro in reality India has more mature aerospace industries as compare to Pakistan,they have western countries to solve their ill fated projects like kaveri,in reality India has way a head indigenization in defense sectors

Define "Way Ahead"
Wrong term
Pakistan import less weapons but india is way ahead in R&D while pakis
Does best to look for mix solution
Example is pakistan will built a mix weapon like alkhalid tank built and reduce import bill but india will go and acquire the t90, tejas etc are other example. Tejas is equal or bettter aircarft on paper from thunder but still will not make it to the IAF due to inefficiencies

Everybody just choose to ignore, or what?

Teja has Stealth qualities, remember the threads on PDF. they have it their own home design and bult without any assistance or help from any interior country. they are doing space travel since 1000000 years. they ar ejust not showing their true capabilities and secret weapons.

Wrong term
Pakistan import less weapons but india is way ahead in R&D while pakis
Does best to look for mix solution
Example is pakistan will built a mix weapon like alkhalid tank built and reduce import bill but india will go and acquire the t90, tejas etc are other example. Tejas is equal or bettter aircarft on paper from thunder but still will not make it to the IAF due to inefficiencies
I don't wanna hit the topic of tejas vs thunder, but I will say that tejas is being inducted in IAF, 123 are on order and their delivery will be completed by 2024.

US has asked India to give a firm confirmation that India has dumped FGFA program with Russia before a classified proposal for F-35 sale to India could be provided. Modi has made decision to dump FGFA in favor of F-35. LM is expected to provide the F-35 presentation and proposal to IAF in the next few weeks.

Define "Way Ahead"

A post on PDF, saying so.

Everybody just choose to ignore, or what?

Teja has Stealth qualities, remember the threads on PDF. they have it their own home design and bult without any assistance or help from any interior country. they are doing space travel since 1000000 years. they ar ejust not showing their true capabilities and secret weapons.

I might get shot for doing this, but I can't bear the tension and the guilt. You are one of our secret weapons. But let's not publicise your role just yet.

India future 5th Gen fighter will be a version of F35 and India will get it after F16. Things of concern for India is nothing but missed timelines.

India is actually ahead of Pakistan in R&D but will always remain behind because of commission culture which won't let any India specific product to become successful.

Just my thought.

I don't wanna hit the topic of tejas vs thunder, but I will say that tejas is being inducted in IAF, 123 are on order and their delivery will be completed by 2024.
After immense pressure and blackmailing from the govt, memos and leaks ...and after completely replacing the avionics, radar and engines inflating the cost to 8 billion dollars ...
Honesty i would have just inducted a single plateform be it LCA or gripen or f16 with licenses production ...seemingly the later option looks better ..i would have left the LCA as good learning experience and put money in AMCA...after all many countries first attempts(arguable second ) are learning experience

No it won't

The deficiencies of the plane, high maintenance costs, poor performance have killed the project a long time ago

Its a political project now

Back
Top Bottom