What's new

Fifa probes Luis Suarez 'biting' incident

daring dude

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
_75807906_chiellini_suarez_reuters.jpg
The referee took no action at the time of the incident
Football's governing body Fifa has opened disciplinary proceedings against Uruguay striker Luis Suarez over an alleged biting incident during the World Cup match against Italy.

Liverpool forward Suarez, 27, and the Uruguayan Football Association (AUF) have until 17:00 Brazilian time (21:00 BST) on Wednesday to provide evidence.

Suarez clashed with Italian defender Giorgio Chiellini during Tuesday's Group D game, which Uruguay won 1-0.

The referee took no action at the time.

The maximum ban Suarez could face if Fifa takes retrospective action is 24 matches or two years.

Suarez told Uruguayan television: "These are just things that happen out on the pitch. It was just the two of us inside the area and he bumped into me with his shoulder.

_75809212_57129471-09ca-472d-8b4c-51ccea8faf98.jpg
Chiellini pulled down his shirt to display what appear to be bite marks on his shoulder
"There are things that happen on the pitch and you should not make such a big deal out of them."

Chiellini, 29, described Suarez as "a sneak".

He added: "I'd love to see if Fifa has the courage to use video evidence against him. The referee saw the bite mark, but he did nothing about it."

After the clash between the players, Suarez went to ground holding his mouth, apparently suggesting he had been elbowed.

As Chiellini ran after referee Marco Rodriguez, Uruguay forward Gaston Ramirez attempted to get the Juventus defender to cover his shoulder.

The incident happened shortly before Suarez's team-mate Diego Godin scored the only goal of the game.

Godin's winner means four-time champions Italy finish third in the group, and exit before the knockout stages for the second finals in a row.

Do you even think this type incident in cricket, and foolish media say to promote soccer.

Suarez is such a noob. He is my favorite player though. Bloody talented :D

This guys is a serial biter... have a look at him biting Ivanovic of Chelsea in a premiership match last season..

Very talented player.. & he was even voted as the best player by fellow premiership players for last season...

It was unbelievably blatant .

I was surprised no camera caught the act from another angle - or maybe they willfully did not show it.

The level of physical assault in this match was amazing - & the referee condoned it.

This guy has some serious psychological issues, i mean! to bite opposing players not once but thrice during games and on top of that he is racist. FIFA needs to hand him significant ban to make an example out of him as he is now a serial offender.

well as its mentioned in the article that Suarez hold his mouth is because of the elbow or an other reaction by Chelini...

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom