What's new

FB status: From being nursed at CMHs to being tamed at APSs

chharoonahmad

New Recruit

Reaction score
Hi

Some days one of my friends had the text below as his FB status, and there are some of the terms I couldn't understand. Would you please help me? My queries are about the words/phrases in bold.

CMH - Why is Combined Military Hospital called so? I don't get the function of word "Combined"?
"goo-ing at tambola nights" - What are "goo-ing", and "tambola"?
What is "services mess"? Why isn't it simply called "mess" instead?
What does "partying on chits" mean?

Thank you for the help.

From being nursed at CMHs to being tamed at APSs....from celebrating eid milans to goo-ing at tambola nights....from running wild in cantts to eating at services mess......From swiming to golf club,horse riding to cycling on cheery roads....from enjoying the flavours of 4 provinces to flying in C-130s.....from dancin on concerts 2 partyin on chits.......

Combined - It means the hospital for all three services (Army, Navy and Air Force).
Rest I am not sure about..Ask Xeric.

"tambola nights"- Evenings dedicated to a game of Bingo

"services mess"- The Defense services food catering canteen

Thank you, both of you.

From being nursed at CMHs to being tamed at APSs....from celebrating eid milans to goo-ing at tambola nights....from running wild in cantts to eating at services mess......From swiming to golf club,horse riding to cycling on cheery roads....from enjoying the flavours of 4 provinces to flying in C-130s.....from dancin on concerts 2 partyin on chits.......

Please help me with the queries below. Thanks.

What does "goo-ing" mean here?
What does "partying on chits" mean?

Regards
Haroon

Back
Top Bottom