What's new

Favourite English TV shows

Your Favorite Shows from the following

• Total voters
Story fcuked up in Season 4 ... thats why ii stopped watching S4
dude thy killed Ibrahim, now they gonna kill Mustafa, then Gulfem :( looks like he is out to kill everyone who ever truly loved him

dude thy killed Ibrahim, now they gonna kill Mustafa, then Gulfem :( looks like he is out to kill everyone who ever truly loved him

Really loved the rivalry between Ibrahim Pasha & Hurem ...

now Geo Kahani air 3 times a week instead of 7 times .. & alot of new characters on S4 .. thats why i left watching ...

I also heard they stopped airing S4 .. & instead they started from the beginning again

Really loved the rivalry between Ibrahim Pasha & Hurem ...

now Geo Kahani air 3 times a week instead of 7 times .. & alot of new characters on S4 .. thats why i left watching ...

I also heard they stopped airing S4 .. & instead they started from the beginning again
yup, airing from ep 1

Where's big bang theory ?????????? and no body can take down Friends... that list kinda suck$

best-show-ever-friends-contest-giveaway-bluray-set.jpg

OKIZpgV.jpg

The Divide
Rush 2014
The Bridge US
Extant
Matador.US
The Leftovers
Rectify
Reckless
Ray Donovan

Nothing can beat Hannibal for me. Absolutely fantastic. Can't wait for season 3.

enjoying ''the strain'' these days but i dont think you can classify it as scifi-- extant / dominion are the other scifi series

1. The Strain
    Television Series
  2. 8.5/10-IMDb
    8.6/10-TV.com
@Hyperion

If I had to attribute to any particular show the "responsibility" for this new era of horror on television, I would point to 'The Walking Dead' and 'American Horror Story'; the former for showing to cable TV channels that people can handle a good amount of gore and blood and also making clear how much the general public enjoys zombies; the latter for showing the wonderful possibilities within television to work with different horror elements and becoming a critically acclaimed show.
Top Five Horror TV Series 2013-2014 | moviepilot.com
Here's a commented ranking list with the best new Horror TV Series currently being broadcast or about to commence (2013-2014).

1) Hannibal
top-five-horror-tv-series-2013-2014-serial-killers-and-cannibalism.jpeg

Serial-Killers and Cannibalism
In my humble opinion, Hannibal is the very best show on television today, despite of genres. With the second season barely finished in a marvellous and bloody way, the show not only raised the level of the game as it also marked the ascension of Mads Mikkelsen as the definitive Hannibal Lecter, which all due respect to the fantastic version of Anthony Hopkins of course.

Hannibal manages to be the most gruesome show on television, portraying some of the most brutal kills ever seen on TV or film, using only practical effects and at the same time it has such an amazing cinematography, acting and score that it elevates death to a state of art. However, the visual aspect is not the only remarkable feat of the series; as the storyline is completely character-driven, the show is filled with mind games and philosophy, with dialogues that are at least, poetic. Shockingly beautiful, Hannibal is an adaptation that rises above its original piece, guaranteeing after two seasons it honorable spot of the most fantastic works on any visual media.

2) Salem
top-five-horror-tv-series-2013-2014-witches-possession-and-the-devil.jpeg

Witches, Possession and The Devil
American Horror Story Coven made an enormous success with their depiction of witches in modern day society, even though it was a very "light" season. It's on the trail of Coven that Salem comes out, a show about witches that explore a much darker side of those supernatural seductive creatures. Set in the town of Salem, centuries ago, it follows a story of a coven of Witches trying to corrupt and destroy the town of Salem whilst a small resistance is made to fight them.

Filled with profanity, visions of hell, demonic creatures, black magic and evil imagery, Salem is not for the weak; the dark settings of Salem and the manifestation of darkness is the scariest combination on a TV series right now, and it promises a lot of malevolence before the end of the season.

3) Penny Dreadful
top-five-horror-tv-series-2013-2014-everything-in-horror-is-here-you-just-name-it.jpeg

Everything in horror is here, you just name it!
Imagine a TV show where the protagonists are Dr. Frankenstein, Dracula, Van Helsing, Dorian Grey, Jack the Ripper, among others... No, I'm not talking about The League of Extraordinary Gentleman, I'm talking about Penny Dreadful, the new series from the channel that gave us Dexter. Named after those cheap horror novels sold in England in the 19th century, this new show mixes the most famous horror icons of the past into a dark tale of mystery and horror.

Set in a dark side of London, it doesn't hold back its supernatural aspect, so in the very first episode we are presented to hideous vampires and a mysterious killer painting the streets of London red. With an excellent cast, including Eva Green and Josh Harnet, Penny Dreadful quickly rose to the most interesting and promising horror series today.

4) From Dusk till Dawn: The Series
top-five-horror-tv-series-2013-2014-mythical-mayan-vampires.jpeg

Mythical Mayan Vampires
Similar to what happened to "Hannibal", From Dusk Till Dawn's first mission was to justify its own existence, to give the viewers a reason to watch it when we already have such a perfect film like the original and two fine sequences. Luckily to the audiences, Robert Rodriguez himself was responsible for making this adaptation, and the result is going pretty well so far.

With a similar premise to the original film, the kidnap of a family of three by the Gecko Brothers that ends in the most hellish bar on earth, the series expanded the universe by showing the background story of its main characters and turning the vampires of the film into something different, based on Mayan Mythology. This fresh take on the sub-genre was a perfect choice as it creates a new fantastic creature to the world of horror and also keeps the show from being just another vampire flick. And good news for the fans of the original... Danny Trejo might be on his way to the show!

5) The Strain
top-five-horror-tv-series-2013-2014-vampires.jpeg

Vampires
Although Guillermo Del Toro is mostly known today as the director of Pan's Labyrinth and Pacific Rim, he contributed a lot to horror films in his early career, and two of those contributions seemed to the creating of his first TV Series, "The Strain", those films are Mimic and Blade II. This new show, schedule to June 1st, is basically a vampire horror story, but quite like what happened with From Dusk Till Dawn, it's a different take on vampires.

The new show will follow a group of researchers investigating an outbreak going on the underground of New York City, which will lead to an inevitable confrontation to a new vision of vampires that recalls the Reaper vampires from "Blade 2". It's also impossible not to think of "Mimic" when analyzing the whole mutation/outbreak plot; just it will have bats instead of cockroaches this time. Whilst the show is about the start, it's possible to follow the viral campaign that is spreading through the internet, showing us glimpses of true horror.

Manti, nowadays my favorite shows are (in descending order)

1. Dominion
2. The Last Ship
3. The Strain
4. Extant (has potential --- however --- it is not picking up pace --- not a good thing)

Some old shows I'm still following:

1. The Walking Dead
2. Falling Skies (Like it a lot)
3. Suits

Shows I stopped watching:

1. Royal Pains
2. Rookie Blue
3. Defiance

@Manticore

Farscape
Only Fools And Horses
six Feet Under
father ted
The X-Files

Farscape
Only Fools And Horses
six Feet Under
father ted
The X-Files

6 feet under was probably The most depressing show i ever saw,,,pretty good though.

But as i said earlier

Nothing beats or will beat

BREAKING BAD

Pakistan:-

1) Waaris Drama
2) Dhuaan
3) Alpha Bravo Charlie

Seasons
1) Game of Thrones
2) Prison Break
3) Friends
4) Big Bang Theory and a dozen other seasons :)

Back
Top Bottom