Pakistan
Listen Live
Search
1072868467.jpg

Father of Alleged Lynched Pakistani Pilot Casts Doubt on Indian Reports
© AP Photo / Anjum Naveed
Asia & Pacific
18:29 06.03.2019Get short URL
At a time of escalating tensions, it is often the case that the antagonists come up with conflicting narratives, and the Indo-Pakistani conflict is no exception.

Pakistan claimed that it shot down two Indian warplanes in a dogfight over Kashmir last week, but India said that it lost only one aircraft and had also downed a Pakistani Air Force (PAF) F-16 fighter jet.

Islamabad captured and later released an Indian pilot as a goodwill gesture, but reports also emerged about the alleged death of the pilot who flew the Pakistani F-16.

According to a story first reported by Indian news site Firstpost last week and then picked up by multiple Indian media outlets, the pilot, called Shahaz-ud-Din, bailed out of the crashing plane and landed somewhere in the Pakistan-ruled part of Kashmir.

READ MORE: Allegedly Downed PAF F-16 Pilot Mistaken as Indian, Lynched in Pakistan – Report

1072895560.jpg

© AP Photo/ Shakil Adil
Pakistan May NOT Have Violated F-16 Deal in Clash With India, US Media Says
Firstpost alleged, citing London-based lawyer Khalid Umar, that an angry mob mistook Shahaz-ud-Din for an Indian pilot and tried to lynch him; he is said to have later died in hospital because of sustained injuries.

According to Khalid Umar, who claimed to have talked to the pilot's relatives, Shahaz-ud-Din was a son of retired Pakistani Air Marshal Wasimuddin.

However, a further look into this story casts doubt on Umar's allegations. The Hong-Kong based Asia Times found out that while Wasimuddin did serve in the air force, he did not have a son named Shahaz-ud-Din.

The veteran marshal told the website that he had two sons who had never flown a plane and have never served for the PAF. One of them, Aleem Uddin, is said to be studying in the UK, while the other one, Waqar Uddin, is a telecom employee.

"I have not considered any legal action [against the Indian media]. I actually laughed them off. My sons have been abroad for years. Unfortunately, they have been needlessly dragged into all this," Wasimuddin was quoted as saying.

In a bid to avoid unwanted attention, Wasimuddin reportedly refused a request from military officials to record his rebuttal on video.

"I have not considered any legal action [against the Indian media]. I actually laughed them off. My sons have been abroad for years. Unfortunately, they have been needlessly dragged into all this,"
He really should consider some law suit...Only then they will shut up!

He really should consider some law suit...Only then they will shut up!
The guy who started all this, his name is Umar something.. he has already taken a U-turn.

Whole story of Shahzaz ud Din was based on this guy's one facebook post and after this revelation, he just said that it doesn't matter if it was shahzaz or someone else.. fact is that an F-16 was shot down.. later when Pakistan will conduct the inventory take of F-16s with Americans involved, he will say that it doesn't matter if a F-16 was shot down or not, fact is that a plane was shot down..

So there is no need to give any importance to attention hungry individuals..

In any conflict Indian journalists find some Pakistani somewhere in the world who still has links in Pakistan and finds a suitable story for Indians. Do Indian ever speak the truth or is there a religious reason for always lying.

Back
Top Bottom