What's new

Fatah: Palestinians interested in Iranian role in conflict with Israel

F117

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
I welcome closer relations. Hopefully it means we get to send some Kornet AT missiles, Fajr and Zelzal rockets to the oppressed, defenseless people of Palestine. And also military advisors, guerrilla training by IRGC.
------------------------
Fatah official: Palestinians interested in Iranian role in conflict with Israel | JPost | Israel News

After Tehran visit signaling rapprochement between Islamic Republic, PA leadership, Jibril Rajoub says Palestinians "entitled" to seek all channels to recruit regional action for cause.

“The year 2014 is the year of decision; we either go to a state or to a confrontation,” Rajoub said. “The confrontation would be on three fronts: launching and escalating resistance; boycotting and isolating Israel; and halting all forms of normalization [with Israel] on the political, academic, trade and economic levels.”

The option of resistance remains a strategic option for the Palestinians, he said.

“The option of armed resistance is also on the table,” he added.

Rajoub, who visited Tehran earlier this week, said an interview with Iran’s Al-Alam TV station that he relayed a message from Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas to the Iranian leadership concerning the latest developments in the Palestinian arena.

Rajoub’s visit to Tehran is seen as a sign of rapprochement between Iran and the PA leadership.

Relations between the two sides have been strained over the past decade in wake of Iran’s support for Hamas and opposition to the peace process between the PA and Israel.

Relations between Iran and Hamas have deteriorated over the past three years following the Islamist movement’s refusal to side with Tehran’s ally, Syrian President Bashar Assad, against his enemies at home.

The London-based Al-Quds al-Arabi daily reported on Thursday that the Iranians were planning to invite Abbas to visit Tehran as part of efforts to boost bilateral relations.

“We are interested in creating and building bridges of communication with the Islamic Republic of Iran,” Rajoub, a former PA security commander, said in the interview. “This would have positive repercussions on the Palestinian cause, which is going through a decisive phase.”

He said that Abbas’s message to the Iranian leaders included congratulations for Tehran’s “wisdom” in dealing with the Iranian nuclear program and international sanctions. The Palestinians, Rajoub said, consider the sanctions and embargo to be unjust.

US backtracking in the face of Iran shows that the Americans have reached the conclusion that they can no longer view the world through an Israeli perspective and interest, Rajoub said.

He said that Fatah has had a long and historic relationship with Iran since the Islamic Revolution that toppled the shah in 1979.

Iran could play a role in “managing the conflict in the region,” he said Iran, he added, is part of the Arab and Islamic front in the Middle East.

Rajoub, who currently heads the Palestinian Football Association, said that the Palestinian leadership was now facing pressure regarding the peace talks with Israel.

“We are entitled to knock on all doors and seek all channels to recruit regional action in favor of our cause,” he said. “Our goal is to create elements of pressure on the international community.”

The PA leadership was not ruling out the option of unilaterally declaring a Palestinian state, Rajoub said.

Last edited:
Iran normalizing relations with Palesitinan Authority?
What a shit move!! Very dissapointed that Iran did such thing. :angry:

PA is protective layer for the Israeli apartheid. Iran should not make any sort of relations with this entity.
It should stick only to Hamas and IJ

@Hazzy997

Palestinian leaderhsip has a long history of siding with bad guys.

1. Hitler (by Mufti Mullah of Palesitine becoming almost a minister in Hitler's court)
2. Commie Russia (Arafat becoming Commie toadi)
3. Sad-Damn the gasser of Iraqi people
4. Now Iranian Ayatullahs

With every wrong choice made by Palestinian leadership, the cause of their people suffered tremendously.

But for some reason, they keep on making wrong choices.

Like a drug user or alcoholic who always look for poison to drink, Palestinian leadership too looks for poison all the time.

And that is a sad history

very very sad history of Palestinians.

Iran shouldn't meddling in arab israeli conflict

Why you say so?

Iran normalizing relations with Palesitinan Authority?
What a shit move!! Very dissapointed that Iran did such thing. :angry:

PA is protective layer for the Israeli apartheid. Iran should not make any sort of relations with this entity.
It should stick only to Hamas and IJ

@Hazzy997

I'm not sure what is going on but I was going to post this to show Arabs how low it has gotten that Fatah now looks to Iran.

As for Iran and Fatah, I'm not sure what the deal is here...do you know anything? I'm surprised by it but I think Iran and Hamas still have ties.

Iranian population is poor yet it spends billions on Palestinian terrorists.

And what this money achieve? - Only more suffering to Palestinians.

I'm sure that Qatar and Saudi would be able to help the Palestinians better, leave the Palestinians alone.

I'm sure that Qatar and Saudi would be able to help the Palestinians better, leave the Palestinians alone.

Allah swt only helps those who are not trying their best to commit national suicide.

Iranian population is poor yet it spends billions on Palestinian terrorists.

And what this money achieve? - Only more suffering to Palestinians.

A nation is known for the "true heartfelt" company it keeps.

With Iranian currency in the dump, its ryal hovering around 25,000 to 35,000 to a single forking dollar

one can only imagine the type of "help" anyone will get from Iran.

Back
Top Bottom