Jinxed....... create another thread and let people argue in this one :rofl:

Lol that didn't come out right :D

Another Pakistani Woman who made TOP 100 TIMES MAGAZINE LIST:-

Mukhtar Mai

Ethnicity = Punjabi

Famous for - Challenging A Tribal Code of "Honor"

http://img194.imageshack.us/i/mukhtar.jpg/

TIMEasia Magazine: Asia's Heroes - Mukhtar Mai

It is a measure of just how terrible what happened to Mukhtar Mai was that news of the attack on her sent shock waves across Pakistan, where sexual assault and violence against women is commonplace. Mai, a 30-year-old woman who lives in the remote hamlet of Meerwala, was brutally and publicly gang-raped in June 2002 by four volunteers on the orders of a village court, or jirga. Mai's then 12-year-old brother Abdul Shakoor (pictured behind her) had been seen walking with a girl from the more influential Mastoi tribe; they demanded Mai's rape to avenge their "honor." Mai's family sat helplessly while she was dragged into a room, even as she screamed and pleaded for mercy. To further humiliate her, and make an example of those who would defy the power of local strongmen, she was paraded naked before hundreds of onlookers. Her father covered her with a shawl and walked her home.

Mai's case is hardly unique in Pakistan. During the first seven months of 2004, according to the independent Human Rights Commission of Pakistan, at least 151 Pakistani women were gang-raped and 176 were killed in the name of honor. The vast majority of perpetrators go unpunished. Yet Mai refused to remain silent. She said she would rather "die at the hands of such animals" than "give up her right to justice" and pursued her case despite the threat of further violence. Against the odds, she won. Six men involved in her rape have been punished, with two of them sentenced to death (although Pakistani human-rights groups and I oppose the death penalty), and the government awarded her compensation. Mai has used the money to open a school in her village so that the force of education can wash away this crime perpetuated in the name of tradition.

As long as the state refuses to fully challenge the brutality of tribal law, the plight of Pakistani women will continue. Mukhtar Mai is a symbol of their victimhood, but in her resilience she is also a symbol of their strength.

yeh kya kar diya Jinxed..................................... now you ruined the thread yourself

do you even know who that lady is?

Buddy do I have to remind you, that it was you who made it personal by invoking this statement:

She might represent the women you know, the Pakistani women definitely not

And calling a sl**t that looks like a sl**t doesnt take that many brain cells

Now cut it out and let this thread move on.

I am not making this women look like role models... I am mostly posting famous or infamous Pakistani women and their contributions to Pakistani society...

and all those models in the other thread are still Pakistani Models and representing Pakistan? Agree or not? If you are a Pakistani you are representing Pakistan or atleast trying to give that impression... lol :lol::lol:

Mukhtara Maee....... a role model? :angry:

Mukhtara Mai

The one who privatized her 'rape' !!!!!!!!

are you all right JinxeD????

lol.. what you mean by that? You have to explain it to me.. and then maybe I will change my opinion...

Tell me more about Asma Jehangir and Mukhtaran Mai... and why you dont like them ?

lol.. what you mean by that? You have to explain it to me.. and then maybe I will change my opinion...

Tell me more about Asma Jehangir and Mukhtaran Mai... and why you dont like them ?

forget AJ for the time being but Mukhatara Mai, you gotta be kidding me, she was raped no doubt & she deserve justice but the way she used her rape to gain publicity & monetary gains is NO WAY JUSTIFIED, seems you don't know much about this woman, She in no way a women who has in any way brought any good name to Pakistan

Last edited:
socha thaa this will become another interesting thread after that FEMALE News readers thread par saari thread ka satyanaas kar diya tum logon ne :cry:

Dil ke armaan aan'soon main beh gaye :cry:

Sorry, but I really opened this thread with good intentions... sigh!!

Yaar ek toh tum log mehnat bari karwate ho

Did my little Jhaaru trick and hopefully we can have discussions on topic now.

Moderators please close or delete this thread... before I end up ruining the image of Pakistan (cough! cough! Sarcasm!)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom